Solstice Sunglass Boutiques Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Unprofessional peers - rude and unsupportive of newness within upper management (in 9 reviews)

• confusing commission rules, high level leadership,close to impossible sales goals (in 7 reviews)

1. "Key-holder"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Miami, FL

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (More than a year)

Pros

They give you chances to grow with the company

Cons

The commission is not that good because you have the make the month plan in other to get the bonus

Advice to Management

none

2. "Sales specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool company. Pretty laid back but they push sales and engaging customers since they do secret shoppers. I enjoyed it.

Cons

Secret shoppers so you must engage every customer with unique greetings.

3. "Keyholder"

Former Employee - Key Holder in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Key Holder in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Glasses were nice to try on

Cons

Management at the upper level was unprofessional

Advice to Management

Step it up

"Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

Great 50% off discount for Safilo products. 1% commission if sales goals are met.

Cons

No health care offered to pt employees

Advice to Management

If ppl get penalized for not having health care it should be offered regardless of hrs put in.

5. "keyholder"

Current Employee - Key Holder in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (More than a year)

Pros

i love working with others and helping customers

Cons

I don't like when there's no one at the store to talk to it gets kinda boring

Advice to Management

the management is awesome

6. "Key Holder"

Former Employee - Key Holder in West Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Key Holder in West Hartford, CT

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great perks, great atmosphere and great co-workers. Really enjoyed the holiday time as well. Learned great merchandising skills.

Cons

Usually worked alone which would be great if commission was available, but could be really really boring when the mall was dead and all other tasks were finished.

Advice to Management

Invite everyone to various events to help customer service skills, sales skills, product knowledge, etc.

7. "Things are looking up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Everyone is part time except management

Advice to Management

Be more receptive and take action from input on store level

"Key Holder"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Durham, NC

I worked at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot about the retail world and also about sunglasses. They are much more sophisticated than I initially thought. Work hours were flexible. My boss was understanding as long as you worked hard and put in an effort.

Cons

Small staff so sometimes their werent enough people for how many people were in the store. Always had to be on alert for someone stealing.

Advice to Management

Pay enough to your employees so they care enough to be more alert for thiefs. Many dont care because they arent getting paid enough to part time security guards for your glasses.

"Corporate sabotages your Sales."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team in the store. District Manager is amazing (and just as frustrated as we are). Good discount on Safilo products.

Cons

Corporate will sabotage your stores business by not sending any product for an entire month so you don't make your sales goal and they don't have to pay bonuses. This happened in August and again this month (October). In August, only 2 stores in the entire company made goal because nobody received any product. So customers were coming in looking for the best sellers, and we have to tell them we do not have it. The CEO says, "Sell what you have and stop whining". Then when every store didn't make plan, she was upset and surprised wondering why. They don't listen. They don't care. Ever since the new Leadership took over, the company has NEVER made it's goal. Not once. They are all about reducing costs and decreasing stock levels. The buyers don't look at what you need, they just place random orders. They will promise you new product, new brands, etc., but they never materialize. They will say, "Oh we just have to secure the product first". But that is crap. You can't tell me the warehouse doesn't have 32 frames to send to me. We are the 2nd largest optical manufacturer in the world. We have access to the product. Instead, they send you garbage like Tommy Hilfiger and Banana Republic. And complain that our Safilo penetration isn't 50% or higher. But our stores have less than 40% safilo and brands like the previous 2 that nobody wants. They don't listen to the stores. I know you would like to think you know each stores business better than we do, but we are here every day, we know what people are asking for. We are the ones that have to put crazy duplicated product on the walls and explain to customers why we don't have stuff. We have to search for stuff in other stores and have it shipped (7-9 days) if a customer wants something. My question, isn't that they buyers job? IF they are buying the wrong product, fire them!!! That's their job. Nobody needs 10 of those ugly Velvet frames. I've been here for 2 years. During that time, NOBODY, NOT ONE PERSON in our district received a raise. Some BS about freezes on raises. Since the new leadership took over, the culture has done a complete turn around. It used to be amazing, now it's terrible. Employee turn over is at an all time high. They don't care. NEVER EVER HAS ANYONE BEEN PROMOTED FROM THE STORE LEVEL TO A HIGHER DISTRICT LEVEL POSITION. The Regional Management is rude, condescending and works by intimidation. Comes in and never says anything positive. Talks to the employees in a way that someone in his position should never do. People have quit because of the way he talks to people.

Advice to Management

Replace the buyers or tell them to actually look at SKU levels in stores. Listen to the stores regarding stuff they need. React faster. It should not take 3 months to get something fixed. Give us raises! We made our numbers and our year, we deserve a raise. FOLLOW THROUGH ON PROMISES!!! DON'T TELL US YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE CARE OF SOMETHING OR GET US SOMETHING AND THEN DON'T DO IT.

"Probably want to rethink working here"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

There are some good people and you get a pretty good discount

Cons

Not a cohesive environment, every man for himself. will probably promise you around 20-25 hours part time but end up giving you closer to 4-8 hours. Only 1% commission.

Advice to Management

Your stores are so unorganized, and you guys do everything the old fashion way. If you were to just put time into updating the entire infrastructure things would be so much less stressful for employees.