Solugenix Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Solugenix Corporation CEO Shashi Jasthi
Shashi Jasthi

1. "Great culture, great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I worked at Solugenix Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people here at solugenix. Everyone cares about their work and do their best to get the job done. It's an agile environment where things constantly shift, but very few companies can shift focus and still complete the task at hand. This company puts in 110% with limited resources, but what makes this place thrive are the people who work here. My direct report VP is the hardest working women I've ever met and is often in the thick of things alongside everyone, understanding the business and needs.

Cons

If you need strong structure this is not the place for you. It's consulting, so you have to learn as you go with little guidance and pray you don't make any mistakes. Benefits are not the best although I hear things are changing for the better.

Advice to Management

Balance the workload of management and continue to get new business with clients that treat you like a partner.

Jun 8, 2017 – HR

Thank you so much for your positive comments! The areas you noted, Work/Life Balance, Culture & Values, Career Opportunities, Comp and Benefits, and Senior Management are those where we continuously ... More

"Good people, good employees. Management is largely distant and cold."

I have been working at Solugenix Corporation full-time

Pros

Good people to work with make coming to work easy. Feels like you're making a difference for your customers. Company provides good tools to work with and is growing in a positive direction, so there is room for advancement. If you're not favored you'll quickly feel like an outsider.

Cons

While management makes an effort not make you feel like a cog in a machine, they only care about the their bonuses at the end of the year. Instead of matching 401k or giving those bonuses back to the employees that helped the company. They provide no specific job descriptions so they can simply add more to your workload without a justified pay raise. With no job description, there are no official evaluations, resulting in no annual raise--not even cost of living raise. It's very inconsistent. You could put in tons of effort and get nothing in return. I'm sure they'll read this and justify their actions or simply dismiss these comments.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people, not just your clients. Give back to your employees based on their overall performance. Provide them goals and write job descriptions so they know your expectations. Matching 401k and a cost of living raise would be a start. Even fast-food and retail companies do this, Solugenix should be able to do the same. Reward them with something tangible, an occasional lunch is fleeting.

Apr 27, 2017 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for your positive comments about the work, the tools, and the growth potential at Solugenix. Be assured that your comments and advice for improvements will not be ignored. Clients are the ... More

"Not a bad place to work, but not great either"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I have been working at Solugenix Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are mostly no politics, the management tries to recognize employees for their efforts. For some teams, there are a lot of fun activities that keep the job interesting and engaging.

Cons

The on-boarding process could be significantly improved.

Advice to Management

While it is important that clients are a primary focus, making employees feel sincerely valued for their skills and trusted to their jobs could make a substantial impact on the overall company performance. When you treat employees well, they will treat the customers well as a result. Implementing a better defined process before each and EVERY new hire would highly improve their initial experience and increase their likelihood of success. Additionally, individuals should be given clearly defined roles and given the time to focus on these roles. This would enable them to perfect their jobs and be more successful at them.

Apr 27, 2017 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We appreciate all your feedback. As a long-term employee, you have no doubt seen a number of evolutions at Solugenix, and as the time passes and the company ... More

"No path for growth or change"

Former Employee - Scrum Master in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Scrum Master in Irvine, CA

I worked at Solugenix Corporation full-time

Pros

Good pay
    Reasonable hours
    They pretty much leave you alone as long as the client is happy with your work

Cons

General approach is to be order takers for clients.
    Suggestions for process improvement are given lip service but are never taken seriously or acted on.

Advice to Management

Work toward more of a consultant relationship than an order-taking one. The interesting work tends to go to other firms that act more like consultants and less like a temporary agency

Feb 9, 2017 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your honest thoughts and suggestions.

"Great working environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Solugenix Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Solugenix full-time (more than 4 years)
    Very good work life balance when time is needed for family emergencies.
    Allow and support telecommuting when appropriate Great structured processes for executive governance.

Cons

Don't really have any cons to share.

6. "I have been employed at several companies and could never say that I was happy ...but Solugenix changed that for me."

Current Employee - Technical Support in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Brea, CA

I have been working at Solugenix Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have developed a lot of personal growth working with an amazing management team. Management is very supportive of your career goals and motivated me to want more for myself. Work environment is very comfortable and they provide every resource to help you succeed. The company is stable and is always working to ensure job security.

Cons

Nothing that I can say that is a "Con" for me at this time

7. "Great Company to work for!"

I have been working at Solugenix Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solugeix is an awesome company to work for! There are lots of opportunities for growth and advancement. I have been working for Solugenix for nearly 2 years and my experience has been amazing. The management team is personable, my co workers are extremely nice people to get along with and the environment is incredibly pleasant. I actually love going to work every day. This company is really concerned about their employees and they show it.

Cons

There are really no cons that I have found with this company.

"Nice Place to Work, Lots of Opportunities"

I have been working at Solugenix Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of new business and projects coming in, which means more opportunities for advancement.
    Promotions have come from within the team since I've been here.
    Nice people to work with, minimal office politics.
    Good training program; It has a mix of classroom, shadowing, and hands on work.

Cons

Management is protective of the culture here and tries to make sure they find the right fit when it comes to new employees. That's led to some under-staffing for the past few months.

Feb 9, 2017 – Executive Assistant

We are glad to hear you have had a positive experience at Solugenix. Thank you for your review!

"Challenge, opportunity and a team centric work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Solugenix Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solugenix has been a great company to work for. Benefits are good, leadership is very good and work very hard to continue the success of a company that has been around for 40+ years. In my time at Solugenix they have been very open to suggestions and new ideas. Solugenix has an internal process which allows any employee to suggest new lines of business for consideration. I've had many opportunities here to grow my skills and abilities (Note: These weren't "given" to me, I earned them through hard work and my own ability to "deliver" on my job assignments. Which is what I would hope any employee would expect. Politics aren't even in the vocabulary of the leadership team here. We are a flat organization, which is nice compared to some other very large companies I've worked for where decisions can take forever. Overall I'm very happy I came to work for Solugenix. Compensation over the years has been good, risen and fallen with the tide of the economy (as you would expect) but when the company is doing well I have been compensated well for my efforts. This has been one of the most rewarding jobs in my career! I would strongly recommend Solugenix to anyone in my network!

Cons

401k match would be nice to have.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace the growth of our company in the coming years and seek new opportunities to help Solugenix grow! Never lose the family oriented nature of the business we have today!

Feb 9, 2017 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

"Very Good company, Pays salaries on time and take care of employees very well"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Solugenix Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Transparent to employees
    Stable company and pays salaries on time
    Maintains Good client relationship and always have Multiple projects in hand

Cons

No words to say anything negative about the company