Solutionary Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Steven A Idelman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I cannot recommend making Solutionary one's career, but it a good place to start (in 2 reviews)

• Great benefits, a caring and management that cares about not only its employees but their families as well (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The legacy management team has almost no say in what goes on due to the amount of red tape in place since the integration (in 7 reviews)

• Hard to get to know anyone in the SOC and have a work relationship (in 3 reviews)

1. "UX Designer II"

I worked at Solutionary full-time

Pros

Nice location in Omaha, strong support from NTT.

Cons

I have no cons to share. I worked remotely.

2. "Great Company to work for."

Current Employee - Cyber Security Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Cyber Security Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, pay, and job outlook. I was amazed to find out what opportunities were available once I got on board.

Cons

There's been a lot of executive changes due to being bought out by NTT but nothing that should deter anyone from applying.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job and looking out for your employees. I don't see a reason for all the nasty reviews I see. If you're willing to work hard I feel it's recognized by management.

3. "Good Company To Work For"

Pros

Company has a lot of people that are willing to show you how to properly do something or help further your technical knowledge. Great environment with open communication.

Cons

Seems like the staff changes a lot. Hard to get to know anyone in the SOC and have a work relationship.

"Not the place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ActiveGuard will be the platform that wins in the integration with NTT. Solutionary is now a global company and that allows for more opportunities for growth.

Cons

Since the integration started there is a lot of red tape; it's not as easy to get to senior management as it once was. Employees were promised jobs would not be eliminated but that hasn't been the case. The legacy management team has almost no say in what goes on due to the amount of red tape in place since the integration. There is a lot of uncertainty and many people are uneasy about what the future will hold. Many current employees are wondering when the other shoe is going to drop and if/when they will lose their jobs.

Advice to Management

The new management should confer with legacy management and understand the uneasiness of employees. They should also slow the change down and not do it overnight.

"Childish"

Former Employee - Cyber Security Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Cyber Security Specialist in Omaha, NE

Pros

As many have said, this is a good company to get your foot in the door in the IT industry. The compensation is good, as well as benefits.

Cons

Management at this company is childish. People not in management positions in this company are treated like garbage, and that is perfectly okay with the senior management staff. Personal grudges are valid reasons for firing employees, and your perceptual value at the company is based upon how friendly you are able to make yourself to your management team. Many of them are very politically conservative, and they don't have any problem letting you know that they don't like you if you are not. Employees who have very bad attitudes and ways of treating other people there are constantly rewarded and promoted.

I recommend staying far, far away from this company. It will likely get liquidated or otherwise dismantled by NTT at some point and I honestly don't know what that will entail. I would only recommend them to a new college grad who needs IT experience, spend no more than a year there and then move on.

Advice to Management

If you are a manager at this company, you are not going to listen to anything anyone has to say, anyway, so this section of this review is entirely irrelevant. However, my advice would be to start treating people with some respect, which is supposedly one of the core values of the "value wheel", and actually listen to them when they criticize you, instead of trying to silence dissent. Happy employees won't need to dissent against you. Free food in the break rooms is not going to fix it. You need a HUGE cultural change at this company, and you need it fast. The only way to achieve that is to start firing managers that disrespect their employees.

"Don't believe all of the negative reviews regarding Solutionary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary full-time

Pros

The company is extremely customer focused. Almost to a fault. The security operations side has great employment potential if you apply yourself. The company has a family feel. Groups mingle after hours.

Cons

On the engineering side, not cutting edge technology. Excellent standard EE stack. Excellent advancement opportunities from with in. Most of the engineering staff are long time employees.

Advice to Management

This will have to wait until after NTT changes take affect.

7. "Best job I ever"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Cyber Security Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plan to stay and hopefully grow within the environment, as it grows and develops with the rest of the NTT sister companies.

The majority of shift management is respectful and great to deal with each day.

Cons

People complain about a lack of free drinks, and other silly things.
    Managers complain about people complaining.
    Complainers complain about complaining complainers.

Additional Information:
    Sadly some of the community is a bit toxic, but some of what comes off as anger is passion.

Advice to Management

Cyber Kill Chain is a useful model, but it does not need its own paragraph. We didn't develop it, it is not helping us market anything. Calling it an "Attack Step/Phase" is more open ended. and can be specified in/under the "potential impact".

8. "Great for my Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Coming to Solutionary has been a great step forward for my career and my family. Solutionary has paid for certifications and always encouraged me to grow as a professional.

Cons

Growth can squeeze employees to do more work.

"Get out as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

Many very good people in the company. Unfortunately not enough

Cons

Read the reviews! The management in this company is terrible! They will beat you down talk behind your back and have the few golden children they take under their wings spy on you. The day I left looking back was one of the best days of my life. I feel sorry for all my friends who still work in this toxic environment.

Advice to Management

Retire enjoy the rest of your lives and stop make others miserable

"Incompetency at all levels"

I worked at Solutionary full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are fresh out of college the interview process is ridiculously easy and they will hire anybody for the most part. It is an OK place to start your IT security carrier. Work/life balance is actually pretty good.

Cons

Incompetency at all levels including the management and the executive teams. You will find an incredible amount of lying, unprofessional, and generally terrible people if you work here. The pay is sub-par for the job, and the job is awful. Please if you have any experience in the field or a decent education in cyber security stay away from this company. This is not a place to grow a career, it's a place to find a job and go somewhere else as soon as you find something better.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like lesser human beings. Stop lying, gain at least a small bit of professionalism, and stop making wild clams about how things will get better.