Solutionary Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 19, 2016

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steven A Idelman

Pros
  • The company is growing immensely and will continue to grow with the right people (in 5 reviews)

• Depending on position, access to cutting edge technology (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The legacy management team has almost no say in what goes on due to the amount of red tape in place since the integration (in 7 reviews)

• There is a lot of nepotism and cronyism within the work environment (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for."

Current Employee - Cyber Security Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, pay, and job outlook. I was amazed to find out what opportunities were available once I got on board.

Cons

There's been a lot of executive changes due to being bought out by NTT but nothing that should deter anyone from applying.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job and looking out for your employees. I don't see a reason for all the nasty reviews I see. If you're willing to work hard I feel it's recognized by management.

2. "Best job I ever"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Cyber Security Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plan to stay and hopefully grow within the environment, as it grows and develops with the rest of the NTT sister companies.

The majority of shift management is respectful and great to deal with each day.

Cons

People complain about a lack of free drinks, and other silly things.
    Managers complain about people complaining.
    Complainers complain about complaining complainers.

Additional Information:
    Sadly some of the community is a bit toxic, but some of what comes off as anger is passion.

Advice to Management

Cyber Kill Chain is a useful model, but it does not need its own paragraph. We didn't develop it, it is not helping us market anything. Calling it an "Attack Step/Phase" is more open ended. and can be specified in/under the "potential impact".

3. "Great place to start"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training program here is excellent. Rather than throwing you off the diving board they take the time to help you fully understand the proprietary system and work on building up your knowledge of it before having you work on harder tasks.

There is a lot of room for growth here as well and they are great about hiring from within.

Cons

Half hour lunch, but that also means we get to leave early enough to get things done in the day (if you're on day shift).

"Good Career choice"

Pros

coming to Solutionary was the best career move I had made. Of course, there are days that I can get extremely frustrated, but that is life and quite honestly, I generally look forward to coming to work. I credit the company as a whole, but also the people I work with are real and true. No matter who I am dealing with, I am a PERSON first and foremost, not just an employee number, here just to make someone else’s life easier. I believe that rests solely on the leadership

Cons

fast growth can always cause discomfort.

6. "Great Company in a Growing Industry"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solutionary is a great company to work for with great corporate values. Senior management has an open door policy and truly cares about the well being of their employees. The company is growing at a rapid rate which means there is never a dull day. Each and every day brings a new challenge and learning opportunity. Security is something that is here for the long haul so Solutionary provides great job security.

Cons

The same thing that is a pro is also a con; growing at a very rapid rate, which means there is a lot of work to do. Sometimes it is very difficult to stay focused on the task at hand since you are being pulled in different directions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are donig.

7. "Growing Industry!!!"

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing industry that really knows how to take care of their customers. It's a very refreshing Customer First company! I haven't experienced this in a company before.

Cons

It's a growing company, might have to work extra hours per week but it's exciting! I am proud to work here. I have worked at other companies that are not as close knit as Solutionary.

Advice to Management

Great visionary leadership! I learn something every day from my manager and co workers. I am very proud to work here.

"Growing like wildfire!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solutionary is the only pure-play MSSP in the industry and ranked as a leader in the 2012 MSSP Magic Quadrant. They know security, it's their only focus. If you're looking for a great place to work with a forecasted 20-30% increase in employee count, over the next year, Solutionary is the place. And, with the expected increase in employee count, they'll be plenty of opportunity for advancement. I've been with the company for about 5 years and appreciate the leadership and dedication of all teammates.

Cons

None at this time - so busy; hanging in there!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and steering the company down the path of success. You've successfully done it many times over!

"Hard work and dedication = opportuntities for advancement"

Current Employee - Network Administrator in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced which gives someone plenty of opportuniites for experience, it also allows you to stay busy as well as be challenged. I like the fact that there are a lot of veterans working here, it shows that the company respects the military (in my opinion) and our country. I've read some of the other posts on this site about our management and it made me wonder, this company just in the time I've been there has grown quite a bit, from what I've seen we've nearly doubled the past 2 1/2 years and our ratings within the industry seem to have been continually improving, etc., so with that being said, to me (and I have zero executive experience, never even owned and ran my own lemonade stand growing up) it sure does seem our executives have been doing the right things to build and grow this company, that is unless somehow in todays business world and market we're just the luckiest SOB's around which I don't think is really plausible. So, with that being said, we have had tremendous growth and in our industry our ratings have done nothing but improve, so that would mean they're doing a darn good job. More pro's, they pay seems to be very competitive, though all of us always seem to want more, benefits are good too. Lastly, the title of this review is dedication and hard work = opportunities for advancement, here if you do work hard and are dedicated, it really does seem to get noticed and is rewarded. Also, we are VERY customer/client focused which I've always liked.

Cons

Some of the departments could try to work more effeciently together, also instead of having separate vacation and sick days (which you lose if you dont' get sick and use them) have PTO days isntead.

Advice to Management

Since I've never owned and ran a lemondade stand therefore I don't know what it takes to grow and run a company, I'd have to say continue what you are doing as it apparently/obviously is working looking at how much we've grown, especially in todays economony!

"Great Place for Working and Excellent Environment"

Current Employee - Network Security Engineer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Network Security Engineer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solutionary is a small company, but yet a company to reckon and big player when it comes to Security and technology. Solutionary is comprised of team of talented, dedicated employees where everyone knows everyone. Great benefits, a caring and management that cares about not only its employees but their families as well. When it comes to Security Solutionary provides very talented and best Security minds who provides a lot of experiences and ability to learn something new and exciting everyday.

If you are looking for a fast pace and challenge environment Solutionary is the right place you, you are exposed and provided with opportunity to learn wide range of technologies and platforms with respect to security. Its a place where there is always an opportunity and options to move to other departments or be promoted, diverse staff with a lot of passion for what they do.

Cons

The pace of Company growth exceed the staffing needs. Solutionary is growing very fast with new clients and therefore staffing is always falling behind to meet those needs.

Advice to Management

Would recommend continue the hiring pace with the projected new accounts, so we are no longer continue to play catchup to meet the clients needs.

11. "Come ride the wave!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to be part of cutting edge technology and work with some of the most talented Security and IT folks around. We strive to provide excellent customer service and have the support from Senior Management to do so.

Cons

Most positions are not the typical 8 - 5 workday so if you are looking to get by with the bare minimum, 40 hour work week, this is not the place for you. Most employees work beyond the 40 hour work week to ensure the clients' needs are met.

Advice to Management

Don't lose your passion for the customer - it's one of the many reasons I enjoy working here!