Solvay Anonymous Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2019

2.8
Solvay CEO Jean-Pierre Clamadieu
Jean-Pierre Clamadieu

"The kings will eat before it's peasants."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Solvay full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

walking out the gate to go home.

Cons

Management has created a hostile environment between it's employees. No one on hrly pay can trust 98% of the management for the fact of the lies and deceiving statements in which they have told then back out of when confronted. Engineers coming for their rotation are quick to understand that it's not where they want to be from upper management forcing their hands. Maintenance Dept. is down to none. Outside... contracted to do the work. With only 3 maintenance hands, they are forced to do a job they are not qualified for. One does electric work, in which is his trade and then is has to do work outside his job scope. Operations Dept. has had the USW to come in and help get things straighten with the tyrannical attitudes of the current management in charge. The anti-trust rule in the code of conduct has been broken and they have spoken up to get the pay, work load, and overtime straighten out once and for all. Lab is the only thing we see that has good people running as well as a manager that cares for it's lab folks. Never leading them through the deception of something good and not delivering. He stands up for his department.

Advice to Management

We all want to work at the Pasadena site without the fear of repercussions of write-ups and being let go. This is the reason why operations stood up and voted in the USW. Listen to your employees. Even if the shot caller above you is telling you one thing. It's our plant. We all want to make it succeed. Management is not making it any better. 11 months of negotiations and your have to learn to meet us in the middle.... We gave you what your wanted and then deceived us all. It's ok to let us all do this together. Not you three calling the shots to what you think is right when 2 of you have no clue about how it goes. Stop treating us like we don't know how to do our jobs and listen how we, the hourly employees can help us all make this site a remarkable place to work for. Stop the micromanaging and let us do our jobs. We all have years of experience to doing this job. We know what we are talking about and what we are doing. Like one employee had said before. Only so long can the kings eat first before the peasants take rise against them.

Solvay2018-11-20

"tutto a posto"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Solvay full-time for more than a year

Pros

buono stipendio e spazio a sufficienza per crescere

Cons

si lavora duro e a volte il management è assente

Solvay2019-05-09
  3. "Eccellente!"

Current Intern - Anonymous in Milan

I have been working at Solvay for less than a year

Pros

"Mensa eccellente, venerdì corto, infermeria"

Cons

Non riesco ancora a trovare aspetti negativi

Solvay2019-03-24
  4. "Buona opportunità di inizio carriera"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Solvay full-time

Pros

Cultura forte, persone stimolanti, buon equilibrio tra lavoro e vita privata

Cons

Il quartier generale è molto lontano dal centro, non è facile raggiungerlo senza macchina.

Solvay2017-08-01
  5. "Strategia di Marketing e Sviluppo Aziendale"

Former Intern - Anonymous

I worked at Solvay

Pros

opportunità di imparare e crescere

Cons

Lavori troppo dettagliati e complessi

Solvay2017-04-23
  6. "tirocinio, soddisfazione clienti"

Former Intern - Anonymous

I worked at Solvay

Pros

la mensa è davvero ottima, cibo buono I dipendenti pagano solo 50 centesimi a pasto, il resto è pagato dall'azienda.

Cons

è lontano da Milano, e anche se c'è una stazione ferroviaria lì vicino, devi comunque camminare per più di un chilometro per arrivare all'ufficio, e quando è estate non è affatto piacevole

Advice to Management

provvedere a un servizio di navetta dalla stazione all'ufficio e fornire ombrelli quando piove. Comunque in generale è un buon posto di lavoro, forse un po' noioso, dato che si tratta di commercio interaziendale; ma se vi piace questo genere di azienda, vi troverete bene.

Solvay2016-11-14
  7. "solvay"

Anonymous

I have been working at Solvay

Pros

Ottima conoscenza tecnica sui polimeri

Cons

Poche possibilità per avanzare in carriera

Solvay2015-07-11