Solvay Process Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 7 reviews

4.0
Solvay CEO Jean-Pierre Clamadieu
Jean-Pierre Clamadieu
  1. "Process Engineering Co-op"

Former Intern - Process Engineer

I worked at Solvay for less than a year

Pros

Great project diversity, process engineering, and process design experience.

Cons

Could not complain about the facility or the work environment. I recommend Solvay for both an intern experience and a permanent hire.

Solvay2017-02-08
  2. "nice company"

Process Engineer

I have been working at Solvay

Pros

nice work culture, great management, research oriented

Cons

politics and growth chances are less

Solvay2016-09-20

"Fair"

Senior Process Engineer in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Solvay for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary & Benefits Customer Commitment Vertical Growth Opportunities Excellent Corporate Vision Many Locations throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Dual Career Path Opportunities Available

Cons

Disorganized Leadership Poor Alignment and Communication between Functions and Business Units Poor Systems Integration and Planning Compartmentalized Decision Making Biased Performance Review Process Poor Practical Execution of Excellence Initiatives with Limited Resources

Advice to Management

Successful execution of Excellence Initiatives requires additional FTE's, as well as robust, well-organized technical systems. The corporate expectation for entities to deliver results and achieve targets for Excellence Initiatives leads to corner cutting and turning a blind-eye to negligent behavior. Two potential root causes are the direct correlation between achievement of targets and annual bonuses, and that... entities are left to fend for themselves and figure out how to implement new programs without proper resource allocation, integrated systems, or consideration for overlapping objectives from different initiatives. This causes confusion, administrative paperwork overload, one-off band-aids, and wasted resources.

Solvay2016-03-28

"Overall, Happy"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Solvay full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really want to keep young talent around and it seems they are trying to liven up the environment. I work at the plant and the hours can be long if you're a perfectionist, but mostly I get to enjoy flexible coming in and leaving times. Everyone raves about our retirement plan (matching up to 9%) and it seems like there is a wide range of benefits (that I just don't appreciate yet as a young, independent... household). Signing bonus and relocation bonus were great.

Cons

I think the plant is in a perpetual state of being understaffed.. but this sound like a common issue within the chemical industry. However, this presents the opportunity to be exposed to more and there is not too much micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Work-life balance is often said to be a focus, but I just don't see any progress in that, yet. There is a large age gap in the people employed there (<10 years and >20 years), so I think it is easy to forget that work isn't the focal point in lives of the other (younger) portion of the company. Lots of opportunity for leadership, as there are not many to compete against for the, but you have to stick with it... long-term for guaranteed success.

Solvay2014-06-17
  5. "Chemical Engineer"

Former Intern - Process Engineer in São Paulo, São Paulo

I worked at Solvay for more than a year

Pros

Great Professional and personal development

Cons

Minimal opportunity to get work after internship

Advice to Management

None

Solvay2019-02-18
  6. "Process Development Engineer"

Former Intern - Process Development Engineer in Lyon

I worked at Solvay for less than a year

Pros

Von Anfang an wurde mir Verantwortung anvertraut, Angenehme Arbeitsatmosphaere, Sehr gute Kantine, Shuttle Service zum Arbeitsplatz

Cons

Englische Sprache nicht bei allen Kollegen vorhanden

Advice to Management

Sprachkompetenzen mehr foerdern

Solvay2016-12-15
  7. "Un bonne entreprise dans son ensemble"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Brussels

I have been working at Solvay full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Grand groupe avec possibilités de changement de carrière ou mutation à l'étranger, avec une certaine sécurité de l'emploi.

Cons

Trop de niveaux de Hiérarchie. Ce qui limite la rapidité de la mise en place des actions. Peu de compensation des déplacements.

Solvay2016-10-06