Somya Translators Reviews | Glassdoor

Somya Translators Reviews

Updated July 11, 2017

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good company to work and learn"

I worked at Somya Translators full-time

Pros

Good culture, work life balance

Cons

No cons, everything worked well for me

Advice to Management

None

2. "Good to Work here"

Pros

Good to Work here for translation

Cons

No Cons for Somya Translators

3. "Great organisation and good opportunity"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New Delhi (India)

Pros

Great culture, hardworking and fast paced atmosphere, extremely talented individuals and safe place

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

1. Create a feedback-rich environment,

2. Be patient : if we put patients first, employees will be always loyal to you and the care you provide them will be a bilateral relationship.

4. "Flexible/ Progressive work culture"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New Delhi (India)

Pros

I am having really good experience to work with STPL they have flexible working hours and progressive work culture. It is a fast growing organization. The challenges are daily and varied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for work in the future.Flexible working hours

Cons

Daily new challenges and salary should be credit of first week of month.

Advice to Management

Infrastructure should be improved.

5. "Great work with Experience Team"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New Delhi (India)

Pros

Great work to place with excellent team and supportive management. I feel fortunate to be a part of this company. They provide me opportunity to enhance my skills and knowledge. Daily working task keep me channelize to work with satisfaction.

Fast pace growing company, Fantastic team to work with and learn

Cons

Not yet identified, Scope of Growth

Advice to Management

NA

6. "Excellent Place to Work."

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Somya Translators full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Employee friendly environment, has its own mark in recognizing employees and respecting them.
    -Best place to learn and excel.
    -Incredibly supportive culture with an incredible focus on learning and mentoring
    -Working here means taking a dive in ocean of learning where one can have both personal and professional learning. Personal because here we live and work like a family
    -Higher management is very down to earth.
    -Good company to grow with. But yes one has to perform to grow.

Cons

Person who is not serious about their career and do not love the work they do, will find myriads of cons, but one who is serious has to brainstorm their mind to find any cons.

Advice to Management

Be as you are always and keep up the great work.

7. "Worst Company"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Somya Translators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no such reason to work in Somya Translators... But if you are willing to ruin your career you may join there!

Cons

It was a worst experience to work with this company. They only needs sycophants as employees and the employees who are working for them since years, they literally are sycophants. They treats every employee as labor and they pressurized employees to work late. Despite giving our best, there is no appreciation for our work. Their sycophants would get all credit. This company is unethical from head to toe. SO UNLESS YOU ARE ROBOT, STAY AWAY FROM SOMYA TRANSLATORS..

Advice to Management

Stop filling your own pockets with money. And focus to improve the management. Treat employee as human being.

"World's worst company and narrow minded villagers type employer"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Somya Translators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a single word about it.. Glassdoor is saying that I have to write at least 20 words in pros.. Hahaha.. It was a nice joke..

Cons

The company works only with 4 employees.. And all the other PCs and SPCs are just like their machines, who works a lot but gets nothing.. They will keep first month salary in the name of security deposit and they give the salary on 15th itself.. It means you will get your first salary after 2.5 months of joining.. They will say that you will receive offer letter on joining date and appointment letter within a week but the fact is you will get your offer letter after a month and joining letter after 3 months. I don't know if your salary will ever increase here because I had worked only 4 months here and it was worst nightmare of my life.. My frnds who have worked here more than 6 months are still getting salary and workload is very very high.. If u want to ruin your career and life, plz choose it, otherwise skip..

Advice to Management

They are not worth it..

9. "Bad Translation company"

Former Freelancer - Freelance Translator
    Former Freelancer - Freelance Translator

Pros

Nothing to say, they are not professional at all.

Cons

They don't 'pay their translators.

Advice to Management

Pay your translators, it is not an ethical behavior in translation career.

10. "Don't give salary"

Former Employee - Project Associate in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Project Associate in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Somya Translators full-time

Pros

Shift timing, there is no other pros

Cons

I had to give one star as there was no option for half star. I am not one of the translators associated with this company. I worked as a project associate in Somya Translators for three months but didn't get salary for one and half month. Every time I ask for my salary they keep on procrastinating. I have been doing this since last 4 months. If they can't give salary to their internal employees then how can they make payments to their freelancer translators working for them from their homes. While working their I saw that they also not give money to their translators.Most of the times either they make late payments or don't pay them by saying that their client has cancelled the project due to poor quality of the translation. That was just an excuse of not paying them. I always worked hard for them but they didn't value my work.

Cameras are installed everywhere not for security purpose but for keep an eye on employees. If an employees talk to each other either they scold as if we are a school kid or impose penalty.

I highly recommend to all that stay away from this fraud company. I had worked for them so I know how these people are.

Advice to Management

Stop pointing out mistakes of your employees every time. They want respect from you like you want from them.