KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SonarSource Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2022

Found 20 of over 25 reviews

4.6
SonarSource CEO Olivier Gaudin (no image)
Olivier Gaudin

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Most importantly, every SonarSourcer is hired not only for their ability to excel in their responsibilities, but ability to contribute to the aforementioned unique culture.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Competitive Compensation(in 3 reviews)
  • "You are given a lot of autonomy, good conditions, great teams, open minded «  management ».(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, product and people

Jul 20, 2022 - Enterprise Consultant in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really talented people with a great product. Also a very unique company culture. Overall its a great place to work.

Cons

Typical growing pains. Some teams need to grow faster.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A place that truly cares

Jun 3, 2022 - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are few companies where you can say that your colleagues feel like family. Not only does Sonar care deeply for it's products, it cares deeply for the human factor that goes into creating them. They work hard to not just hire the best, but hire those that can work harmoniously together and actively work to build each other up. Additional pros: - Strong leadership that works hard to ensure each individual's success - Great benefits, compensation, and generous PTO - No office drama llama - Solid products that sell themselves - Great WFH policies - The ability and encouragement to go to the HQ in Geneva - Every person is helpful - True friends, not just colleagues - Catered lunches! - Gosh this list is getting long...

Cons

Very very very few cons at Sonar. Minor cons: -More transparency from leadership on coming changes

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I can't say enough good things

May 3, 2021 - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Deep care in employee growth and job satisfaction. - Considerate and thorough interview process. - Very competitive pay. - Clear expectations communicated and path to success is simple. - Incredible culture - enough structure to feel supported, enough freedom to make a measurable impact. - Transparency in almost every part of the business. - High value placed on humility and open, honest feedback. - So many employees from different corners of the world with different experiences - there are great ideas that are brought to the table as a result. ....I can't say enough good things.

Cons

I'm definitely drinking the kool-aid here. It's difficult to find something I don't like. And when I do, SonarSource wants to hear feedback, take the time to explain why things are the way they are, and also seeks ways to improve. It's unique and special to find a company growing this fast and still placing emphasis on these things. I will update my review in time if things change, but all good things so far.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Company!

Jul 18, 2021 - Commercial in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Work Life -People and Culture -Leadership and Middle Management are Grade A -Team atmosphere -Loved Product -Great Time off -Competitive Compensation -Annual Trip to Switzerland (HQ) If something is not working, SonarSource is quick to change! This was a great professional experience that I would recommend anyone to consider.

Cons

-Flat Organization with slower upward mobility (Although not a con for some). If you are a ladder climber this may not be the right fit -No Stock Options Other than these two points, which may not be cons for all, I have no complaints

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Open Source Guru

Aug 19, 2021 - Senior Java Consultant in Bridgewater, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

A small niche company with great benefits.

Cons

None I can think of.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Everyday is better than the last

Apr 9, 2020 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing and unique culture that I have not experienced anywhere else in my career. Great product that users love and promote Empowers us to drive change and improvements Very transparent and honest about everything Feedback is always welcomed Everything is documented and shared Job Security Passion for going into work every day Always looking to improve

Cons

Very process driving which can sometimes be hard to get things done quickly

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I've ever worked for

Apr 19, 2019 - Sales Operations & Administrative in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture. There is minimal effort in creating this extraordinary culture we have. I won't go into detail on just how freaking cool it is (you'd have to come see it for yourself). - People. From day one, I've noticed how truly happy the people are. Good vibes the minute you step into the office. This is true all across the board for our French, Swiss & US office. - No BS. With many aspects within the company, the people, the product, the day to day; you will get genuine response and actions from everybody. We believe in a clear, no BS communication. Which I really respect and am behind 100%. - Career growth. At SonarSource, if you have a curiosity or desire to learn about another teams' project, you can simply ask to step into their meetings. I think this is a great way of encouraging others to learn more of the company as a giant machine or even to inspire you to seek your career in another team. It has also been done already! We have some colleagues that have moved teams since they've started. Our People and Culture team really helps you with achieving any career growth. -Inspiration. Personally, I haven't worked for a company that's as inspiring as SonarSource. Being surrounded by intelligent, goal-driven people has inspired me tremendously. - Travel. Visit Geneva at least once a year! I could go on and on about the pros. In conclusion, cool people, great product, awesome culture.

Cons

Not really a con, but something from experience. The flat organization is as others said "bumpy" to get used to. So I feel this isn't something for everybody. You have to come in with an open mind and leave your ego to fully embrace the culture. It truly is unique!

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best career decision I have ever made

Feb 15, 2019 - Enterprise Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many, but I will do my best to summarize the key points. 1) Product - No great company without a great product. We have one of the top code quality tools in the industry. What's most important is they way they got to that point over last 10 years (I have been here for last year). SonarSource started as true open source platform that provided incredible value for free. The brand recognition and user loyalty is unparalleled. The commercial enhancements make the product even more powerful and companies see a large ROI immediately. SonarSource willing to adapt and change the product to what makes sense based off market indicators and community feedback, so the improvements to solution are extraordinary with each new version. 2) Culture - Too often we hear the empty statement from companies "oh the culture is so great and unique". But at SonarSource UNIQUE actually means something. We pride ourselves on a team-led approach to governing the direction of the company. Yes, there are a few, experienced individuals that have ultimate say in many decisions, but nothing is done without serious consideration of input from all of the experts on the topic in the company. Oh, and we regularly schedule team outings which help keep work/life balance the best I've experienced! 3) People - Everyone is an expert in their role/craft. Most importantly, every SonarSourcer is hired not only for their ability to excel in their responsibilities, but ability to contribute to the aforementioned unique culture. This is evidence by the fact that the final interview you have after interviews with your respective team (Sales, Marketing, Development, etc.) is with Head of People&Culture..normally you have a discussion with these types of people first. And you always end with interview by CEO. This process helps to create a situation where all of us are genuinely excited to come in to work every day to spend time together while building a great company! 4) Compensation - Without going into specifics, SonarSource will be sure to make attractive offer to well-qualified candidates. 5) Travel - At least once a year we get to go visit HQ in Switzerland!

Cons

1) Process - Part of the issue with a rapidly growing company that has been very much team-led for most of its existence, is that there have not been well defined, scalable processes that are in place. At times, this can make decision-making and accomplishing responsibilities difficult. On the flip-side to that, however, is an opportunity where we get to help create and implement new processes as we continue to grow. 2) International company - While it is neat to be able to travel to Europe to spend time with peers at HQ, the time zone difference can be a challenge on occasion. We are still building out the office here in Austin, so much of what we do still needs involvement from overseas teams.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great products, passionate employees and inspired leadership

Oct 24, 2018 - Product Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flat organization (literally - we all work for the CEO) Products first Don't change just for sake of changing Baby steps to get things accomplished We truly dogfood our own products Transparent communications internally and with our user community Challenging the status quo is encouraged Results are valued over actions Respect and fairness Good vibes

Cons

The culture isn't for everyone. If you're into job titles or getting on the 'corporate fast track' this isn't the place for you.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great Products and Smart People

Oct 25, 2018 - Technical Consultant in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Great suite of open-source products + Passionate and intelligent co-workers + Management empowers employees - truly flat organization + Growing and financially secure + Amazing effort to on-board new employees

Cons

- Austin, TX office is new - If you are looking for a title or to manage a team, this isn't the right place for you

3 people found this review helpful