KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.1
Sonepar USA President Rob Taylor
Rob Taylor

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The company is made up of some really great people.(in 13 reviews)
  • "being; Great culture; Focus on Customer;(in 10 reviews)
  • "Decent benefits at this company.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Great leadership, supportive team members, and an executive team that actually cares about their associates!(in 8 reviews)
  • "Great Coworkers.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Awesome company

Jun 15, 2022 - Material Handler in West Valley City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very awesome company, the management is very easy to approach an talk to an fellow employees are nice an approachable. First job in years I look forgot getting up an coming to work, amazing place to work would recommend this place to anyone looking for a job, also very family oriented an very well balanced with work an home life.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Sonepar USA Response

Thank you for the glowing review! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your career at Sonepar USA!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Review of job

Apr 6, 2022 - Warehouse Worker in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company and culture for everyobe

Cons

None I can think of

Sonepar USA Response

Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Solid company making the right investments in the future

Feb 1, 2022 - Communications Manager in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company acknowledges that people are their greatest asset and invest significantly in them. There is an open door policy that enables you to feel comfortable bringing anything up from a new idea to an issue to the very top. You have a voice. The CEO's values are exhibited in every communication and personal interaction. There is career mobility, not just vertically but also laterally - if you want to learn more about a different area you are fully supported. Your vote counts here. The benefits are exceptional.

Cons

Pre-pandemic, there was not as much flexibility with work schedules/remote work policies. We are definitely moving in the right direction by acknowledging that remote work not only positively affects work-life balance but also the environment. For a company that has a lot of tenure, change management and adopting new policies can be challenging but Sonepar invests a lot of time and thought into getting it right.

Sonepar USA Response

Thanks for the awesome review! We couldn't agree more - our people are our greatest asset! We are so glad to hear that you feel your voice is being heard and that Sonepar has many career growth opportunities available within the organization. We also love the flexibility that remote work has given our associates. Thanks again for the great feedback!

4. 4.0

Great Company! Awesome Benefits

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for a really great manager, the environment is very friendly and diverse. A lot of opportunity for growth here.

Cons

HR is a bit hard to get in touch with

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Such a great place to work!

Feb 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very adaptable to change, upper management/executives are great people to work with, and everyone is very willing to help if you have an issue.

Cons

There are no cons to working here.

Sonepar USA Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a stellar review! We agree that we have some awesome leaders here at Sonepar USA!

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Mar 26, 2022 - Inventory Control Specialist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to expand your career

Cons

Competitive advancement opportunities often handed to family of leadership

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

All work, no life!

Dec 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with are great and the pay is good.

Cons

Upper management has no clue how what they want done affects those that actually do the work. Very out of touch in that respect. Expect to work weekends and have a hard time enjoying a personal life.

Sonepar USA Response

We are so glad to hear that you enjoy the people you work with! We value of our associates and fully understand the importance of work life balance which is why we offer paid time off that includes vacation time, sick leave, company holidays, and a hybrid work from home schedule. We strongly encourage you to discuss any concerns you have with your supervisor, or your HR business partner as we are continuously looking to make improvements to ensure that our employees are satisfied in their working environment.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great working environment, amazing team

Mar 24, 2021 - Marketing Specialist in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The positive working atmosphere here is SO refreshing! The team is incredibly supportive. Great people. Leadership is very approachable and open to your ideas. Pay is good, fantastic benefits (minus PTO). I know a lot of Charleston companies with toxic work environments, and this is really the opposite. I'm so happy to work here!

Cons

A little old school in some respects and hesitant to adopt change, but you can see that they're taking gradual steps to modernize. Seriously need more vacation time.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Hi there, thank you for the great feedback! We are so glad to hear you are enjoying our Charleston office work culture. We love hearing about the experience you have had with your team, Sonepar leadership members, and we appreciate that you see the steps we are taking towards creating a progressive workplace. We understand how important work/life balance is to our associates and we are continuing to remain as flexible as possible to accommodate the varying business needs and personal schedules of our organization. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback and encourage you to speak with your manager or HR Business Partner if you would like to discuss further!

9. 5.0

Wonderful Onboarding Experience

Nov 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This has been one of the best onboarding experiences I have ever had. You can tell Sonepar cares about their employees. I made the right choice in joining the team and hope to spend many years here!

Cons

There are no cons I have seen.

Sonepar USA Response

Thank you for the awesome review and taking the time to share your onboarding experience! We are so happy that you decided to join the team!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Long time employee

Feb 8, 2022 - Human Resources Shared Services Manager in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experience, challenging, opportunities, projects, coworkers

Cons

Valuing employees efforts and hard work - recognition, internal communication

Sonepar USA Response

Thank you for the review! We are happy to have you as a long-time employee and glad to hear that you have had a good, overall experience working at Sonepar USA. We are constantly working on improving our associate experience including how to recognize the hard work of our employees and when our associations receive a variety of communications. We appreciate your feedback and welcome your suggestions on how to make our organization even better!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 130 Reviews

Sonepar USA Reviews FAQs

Sonepar USA has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 138 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Sonepar USA to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sonepar USA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sonepar USA. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

80% of Sonepar USA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sonepar USA 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sonepar USA to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Sonepar USA Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Sonepar USA? Share Your Experiences

Sonepar USA logo

Sonepar USA Careers

Cover image for Sonepar USA

Who We Are Sonepar USA is an independent, family-owned company with global market leadership in the B-to-B distribution of electrical,...More

• Testimonials
  • Careers
  • Mission
  • Community

Company Updates

79 days ago

Community
Celebrate Earth Week with us! 🌎💚 For every online order placed on any of our brands' websites from Apr 18-22, Sonepar USA will donate 1 tree to the National Forest Foundation! 🌳 Find your local distributor to start shopping & get those trees planted!
Shared image - Locations | Sonepar USA
Locations | Sonepar USA
soneparusa.com

292 days ago

Community
In honor of National Truck Driver Appreciation week, we want to say a big 'THANK YOU' to our hardworking truck drivers who make sure our customers have the product they need when they need it. We appreciate all that you do! #ThankATrucker #NTDAW2021
Shared image

Sonepar USA Photos

+ Add Photo
Sonepar USA photo of: Could YOU be in our next trainee group? This year's trainees studied a variety of majors at colleges across the US 🎓 Meet us at a career fair near you and find out!
Sonepar USA photo of: The Talent and Development team axe throwing during their visit to Capital Electric in Maryland!
Sonepar USA photo of: Zumba class in the Charleston office!
Sonepar USA photo of: Congrats to this year's Sales & Operations Development Program trainees for successfully completing their 3rd residency in Nashville, TN!
Sonepar USA photo of: Our Key Accounts team capped off the industry's show season as a gold-level sponsor of the Nexstar Network Super Meeting from October 13-15 in Marco Island, Florida.
Sonepar USA photo of: 2021 National Sales Network Conference in Washington, DC.
Sonepar USA photo of: We always enjoy supporting our friends at Ronald McDonald House Charleston! #soneparusa #soneparusacares #poweredbydifference #bullsbay #tournament #rmhc