KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 113 of over 118 reviews

4.3
Sonepar USA President Rob Taylor
Rob Taylor
Pros
  • "Great work environment, friendly people, many opportunities(in 12 reviews)

• "Decent benefits and work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I have not experienced any cons thus far(in 3 reviews)

• "The company tends to be a little behind the times(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Best job I've ever had

Jul 9, 2020 - Marketing Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, supportive team members, and an executive team that actually cares about their associates! If you work hard, you will be rewarded here. Being part of the Sonepar global network means opportunities to work with people across the globe. The people who work here are the best!

Cons

Some teams are lean and have a lot of responsibility. Sometimes not all employees get the communications they should.

Human Resources

Hello, thank you for the feedback and review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with Sonepar USA thus far. It is clear that you see that we value our associates and encourage them to have the will to dare – to innovate, create and collaborate in ways that propel their careers and our business in the right direction. As always, we are constantly working on improving our associate experience and evaluating appropriate resources – including how and when our associates receive a variety of communications. We appreciate your feedback, keep up the awesome work!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Fantastic company

Apr 21, 2021 - Pricing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, relaxed culture, big on inclusion and diversity, recognition on all tasks big or small

Cons

political changes at executive level were never transparent

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great working environment, amazing team

Mar 24, 2021 - Marketing Specialist in Charleston, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The positive working atmosphere here is SO refreshing! The team is incredibly supportive. Great people. Leadership is very approachable and open to your ideas. Pay is good, fantastic benefits (minus PTO). I know a lot of Charleston companies with toxic work environments, and this is really the opposite. I'm so happy to work here!

Cons

A little old school in some respects and hesitant to adopt change, but you can see that they're taking gradual steps to modernize. Seriously need more vacation time.

Human Resources

Hi there, thank you for the great feedback! We are so glad to hear you are enjoying our Charleston office work culture. We love hearing about the experience you have had with your team, Sonepar leadership members, and we appreciate that you see the steps we are taking towards creating a progressive workplace. We understand how important work/life balance is to our associates and we are continuing to remain as flexible as possible to accommodate the varying business needs and personal schedules of our organization. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback and encourage you to speak with your manager or HR Business Partner if you would like to discuss further!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Healthy Environment, Long Careers

Mar 18, 2021 - Marketing Director in Charleston, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people could not be more collaborative or supportive. Definitely one of the more well-balanced environments I have ever worked in. And, the industry is changing quickly as the customer experience becomes more automated. Lots of different ways to grow your career as the company likes to cross-promote. You'll find many of the same functional areas here as you would a consumer goods company, but with less drama and politics. Smart people governed by great management and a progressive HR team. Great company for women and minorities: Company wants to increase the diversity in their workforce.

Cons

Have none to report at this time.

Human Resources

Thanks for the stellar review! We couldn’t agree more – there is so much room for growth and opportunity within the Sonepar organization as we continue to grow and progress and we’re so happy to have you along for the ride. As our industry and the world around us advances, we strive to remain at the forefront as an inclusive, dynamic and supportive employer where our associates thrive and are proud to work!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Great Company to Work For

Apr 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for Sonepar. They truly care about their people and try to do what's right, even when it isn't easy.

Cons

If you are looking for a lot of out-of-the box thinkers, this job may not be for you. It can be pretty corporate at times, but they care about you.

Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with Sonepar USA. We value all of our associates and are so glad to hear that our commitment to them is really shining through. We strive to be the best and we do it together. Our associates share initiative, knowledge, and advice, we learn from one another to get the best possible result. While this is true, we do acknowledge that our industry can be slow to adoption, but we are always working towards being the market leader in both innovation and modernization.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company culture

May 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Emphasis on work-life balance, opportunity for advancement and growth, opportunity to move to departments that better suit your skills and interests.

Cons

Decentralized organization, which is a structure that doesn't work for everyone.

Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with Sonepar USA. Growth is a large part of our organization, and we are proud to provide new opportunities to our associates if it means helping them to advance their careers, while also ensuring work-life balance. While Sonepar USA is a complex organization, our way of operating has benefited us over the past 20 years and has propelled us into market leadership.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

They don’t care about the customer and certainly not the Associates.

Apr 12, 2021 - Manager in Charleston, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, ability to change jobs/locations.

Cons

Shared services are a disaster and the model is quickly becoming like every other large National player.

Human Resources

Thank you for your review and for letting us know how you feel we can improve. We’re sorry to hear about the challenges you’ve experienced and encourage you to speak with your manager or HR Business Partner for help in resolving any issues or concerns you may have. Sonepar USA strives to create an environment where associates are treated with fairness and respect. We appreciate any constructive criticism as we are committed to continuously improving our work environment. We’d also like to share, that through routinely scheduled feedback sessions and meetings, there is a high level of dialogue and collaboration between all our Operating Companies. We are constantly pursuing new ways to keep employees connected and voices heard at every level.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Is this what corporate life is like?

Mar 9, 2021 - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sonepar attracts some of the greatest talent around

Cons

On the surface they have a great corporate culture but past the surface most of the executives are ruthless and relentless. Will throw any of their team members under the bus for advancement.

Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time taken to note where you think we can improve. With the formation of our senior leadership Inclusion, Diversity, Equity Action Council (IDEA) and the growth of our African American and Women’s employee resource groups, we are working hard to make sustainable changes in the organizational design and culture of the company. Sonepar is committed to treating all employees with respect and driving for an inclusive culture that will help us be an employer of choice for all.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Every Employee has a value tied to them.

Mar 8, 2021 - Senior Sales Engineer in Lake Ronkonkoma, Suffolk, NY, Optional[NY]
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Health Benefits, Nice work environment.

Cons

Your day to day is monitored at all times. Going to lunch outside of the office is not a good thing.

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We want our employees to know that their priorities are our priorities. We want to be flexible for our associates and encourage you to take time for yourself and your mental health during the day. If you feel you do not have enough flexibility in your day to day, we encourage you to speak with your HR Business Partner about this issue so that they can help resolve any misunderstandings.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to work

Jan 22, 2021 - Administrative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing leadership and always wanting to do the right thing by the associates and the customers.

Cons

Communication could be a little better

Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Sonepar USA. People are at the heart of our organization and we are glad to hear that our commitment to our associates and customers shines through. As always, we are constantly working on improving our associate experience and evaluating appropriate resources – including how and when our associates receive a variety of communications. We appreciate your feedback, keep up the awesome work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 113 Reviews