Sonepar USA Reviews

4.3
Sonepar USA President Rob Taylor
Rob Taylor
Pros
Cons
  • "There are no cons working for this company if you are willing to work(in 4 reviews)

• "I have not experienced any cons thus far(in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Benefits of large company but they operate like a small company"

Current Employee - Sales Trainee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Sonepar USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

They invest a lot in their employees; they recognize and want you to continue learning whether through their trainings or from an outside source. I've also had a mentor since I started and he has been a huge help thus far. Also, I was hired into their Sales and Operations Trainee Program right after I graduated college. Which is a year long trainee program where I am getting to work in all aspects of the business and see the industry, which has been an amazing learning experience. The fact that they are training me for an entire year proves the fact that they invest greatly in their employees and care about the succession of the company.

Cons

I haven't experienced any yet.

September 6, 2019Human Resources

We love hearing from our Sales and Operations Development Trainees! Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your mentor has been a guiding light for you as you transition from the collegiate to the working world. You hit the nail on the head – we do invest a lot in our associates, as our people are our greatest asset. Through programs like this, personalized trainings and outside sources, we are proud to give our associates all the tools they need to succeed. Good luck to you in your remaining rotations!

2. "Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Marketing Director

I have been working at Sonepar USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great leadership, supportive team members, and an executive team that actually cares about their associates! If you work hard, you will be rewarded here. Being part of the Sonepar global network means opportunities to work with people across the globe. The people who work here are the best!

Cons

Some teams are lean and have a lot of responsibility. Sometimes not all employees get the communications they should.

Continue reading
  3. "Wonderful People, Great Opportunities"

4.0
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Sonepar USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get to meet and work with wonderful people from across the US and the globe. There are tons of opportunities to grow and expand your horizons and participate in exciting projects.

Cons

Like the industry itself, it can be a bit behind the times in some areas, but all the more opportunity to be a catalyst for advancement.

4. "Good company"

I have been working at Sonepar USA full-time

Pros

Decent benefits and work/life balance

Cons

None so far, but depends on the operating company

5. "Great"

2.0
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL

I worked at Sonepar USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hours and coworkers here

Cons

Benefits were not very good

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Hydrostatic Technician in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Sonepar USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

You feel valued at every level and great training. Very friendly environment and professionalism.

Cons

Waiting on parts needed to complete work in a more timely fashion.

March 11, 2020Human Resources

Hello, thank you for taking the time to complete a Glassdoor review! We love our associates and it is great to hear that you are a valued part of our organization. Onboarding and associate development are key priorities within our culture. We’re glad to hear that you felt at home from day one. We are constantly working on how we can improve internal communications and business processes, if you have a suggestion, we encourage you to reach out. Thank you for your feedback, we wish you much success!

7. "Big company"

I worked at Sonepar USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits nice people to work with

Cons

Hard to get answers when you need them

March 11, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for reviewing us on Glassdoor! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our benefits during your time with Sonepar USA. We work hard to ensure we are offering our associates competitive benefits for our industry. We are consistently evaluating our programs and communication platform and looking for opportunities to make enhancements. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

8. "Great company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Development

I have been working at Sonepar USA full-time

Pros

A supportive system to learn and develop

Cons

No cons come to mind

March 11, 2020Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to complete a Glassdoor review of your experience with Sonepar USA! We are glad to hear that you feel supported as you learn and develop in your program. We work hard to ensure that our Sales & Operations Development trainees have the tools and the resources they need to succeed. Keep up the great work!

"Hiring Process Review"

5.0
    Current Employee - Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Sonepar USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Family oriented, Organized, Respectful, Engaged, Friendly

Cons

Small workload for Emerging Leadership Program. Would be nice to have more responsibility.

March 11, 2020Human Resources

Hello, thank you for providing feedback on the Sales & Operations Development Program! We are a family owned business, so it is important to us that we treat our associates like family. Thank you for your advice to management on tailoring the program more towards utilities, we are happy to inform you that we are currently developing a utility track to address this issue. We also encourage you to reach out to your program leader or champion to talk about different opportunities to learn more within the utility side of our business and to take on additional responsibilities. Thank you again for your feedback!

"Interview Process and Program"

Current Employee - Sales and Operations Trainee

I have been working at Sonepar USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sonepar demonstrates a positive work atmosphere and employees are encouraged to be creative. The Regency program is critical in developing new generation of Sonepar employees through hands on experience and overall knowledge.

Cons

Only difficult part about this program is having to travel and move across country. While it can be seen as a con, it allows the employee to push themselves to be successful in an unfamiliar environment.

September 6, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our organization and Sales and Operations Development Program. We are glad you are finding the work environment to be positive and encouraging of creativity. Supporting our associates’ entrepreneurial spirit is one of the key values of our organization. We understand that moving to a new city can be difficult. We hope that you find comfort in knowing that many of your fellow trainees are going through similar experiences, so please lean on them for support. We encourage you to reach out to your program leader and/or supervisors at any time to discuss these transitional issues and know that they will help guide you along the way. Having said that, we’re glad to hear that you believe that taking on things that may not be as comfortable as one would like can help an individual grow for a better future.

Found 93 reviews