Sonesta International Hotels "corporate office" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sonesta International Hotels Employee Reviews about "corporate office"

Updated Jun 27, 2019

3.3
Sonesta International Hotels CEO  Carlos Flores (no image)
Carlos Flores
Pros
  • "Working in the Corporate office, you have the chance to interact with the leadership of the company(in 5 reviews)

• "Sonesta International is actually a great company to work for, and the benefits are great(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not much support from upper management, including capital for the product enhancements(in 5 reviews)

• "Housekeeping,aminites, pay, opera system, training, very slow(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "corporate office"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Loved it"

Former Employee - General Manager in Westlake, OH

I worked at Sonesta International Hotels full-time

Pros

The people. I really enjoyed working with my team and everyone in the corporate office. Everyone is very down to earth and understands the industry.

Cons

Hiring process takes a very long time. Processes, like capital, also take a long time.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Keep growing. Keep getting more dialed in.

Sonesta International Hotels2019-06-27
  2. "Fantastic growing company"

I have been working at Sonesta International Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in the Corporate office, you have the chance to interact with the leadership of the company. The culture is very supportive and creates an open door atmosphere to share and communicate with every person at any level.

Cons

I am not sure I would call it a Con but we are growing and with growth you have growing pains. The good news is we are moving in the right direction, hiring top talent to help build and shape the company as we continue to grow.

Sonesta International Hotels2017-02-14
  3. "Up and coming Hotel Company with lots of opportunity"

I have been working at Sonesta International Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very approachable and supportive leadership team. Collaborative work environment with smart people. Lots of opportunity for growth both in the corporate office and at the hotels.

Cons

Because the company is still growing and is still a relatively new company, processes are not always clear or efficient. The connection to the parent company/ownership presents some challenges as they are not really in trenched in the industry and don't fully understand the day to day operations.

Advice to Management

With continued growth, continue to reevaluate where resources are needed and/or where processes may need to change to better support that growth. Corporate Office should give Hotels more authority and in turn accountability.

Sonesta International Hotels2016-01-30
  4. "Hospitality team was great!"

I worked at Sonesta International Hotels full-time

Pros

I worked out of the corporate office. The Sonesta team at all levels were great to work with. Tenured Sonesta professionals were supportive and happy to share their knowledge. We were in a rapid growth phase when I joined, and another company acquired Sonesta so the two organizations had to work together.

Cons

It was sometimes a challenge for the Sonesta-dedicated team to feel empowered to take action even though we were the ones with hospitality management experience. This has changed due to a different organizational structure.

Sonesta International Hotels2015-07-22
  5. "Sonesta International"

Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo

I have been working at Sonesta International Hotels

Pros

Corporate Office supportive but not always with time

Cons

International properties get less attention and commitment when struggling

Advice to Management

Have more direct and frequent contact with property

Sonesta International Hotels2009-05-28