Cover image for Sonic (Internet and Phone)
Logo

Sonic (Internet and Phone) CEO Dane Jasper
Dane Jasper

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sonic (Internet and Phone) and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great work

Sep 20, 2022 - Field Technician in Santa Rosa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience I learned a lot. Everyone I worked with was helpful and very knowledgeable.

Cons

Lots of commute time but that’s a given for the work.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Co Workers - Lacking Management

Oct 14, 2022 - Manager in Santa Rosa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dane is one of the best people I've met, he truly loves his company and cares for his employees. The people you work with are fantastic, they make the company. Surprise... surprise.... this is no different than most other companies. Most departments at Sonic have a hybrid or remote work option. Great company if you have just graduated and need to gain experience for your resume. Sonic likes to and will promote from within, but this becomes a double edge sword I'll explain below.

Cons

Middle management is grossly lacking the skills necessary to effectively and efficiently execute their job. When Sonic promotes from within, the people that obtain promotions while good at their job, are not given the training or freedom they need to succeed. Nor are they empowered by upper management to actually be effective at their job. There's a new culture shift happening with the immense pressure all are under but the pressure lacks direction and standard operating procedures. As a result, cross-department coworkers are finger pointing and becoming cut throat towards one another instead of working toward a common goal.

3. Join the Sonic (Internet and Phone) team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Pros and Cons

Aug 30, 2022 - Field Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Crème de la crème product and supportive management. The compensation scheme is fair and encourages top performers to give their all. Good benefits.

Cons

Success is largely beholden to the assigned territory. High frequency visits annoy prospects and are akin to reaping fields that haven't had an opportunity to regrow. Going to the same neighborhoods over and over again is mentally taxing. Sales contests are sometimes unfair because certain teams are working in saturated markets while others are in brand new territory.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome people, but long days

Apr 21, 2022 - Fiber Installation Technician in Santa Rosa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at the company is very friendly and wants you to succeed. They provide a work vehicle that you can take every day to and from the job sites and they pay for gas, so no extra miles or gas expenses during the work week. It’s relatively quick to get promoted as long as you’re doing a good job. If you’re efficient, you can even make extra money from doing more jobs than is expected.

Cons

Very long days with mandatory overtime. Oftentimes you’ll be working 12+ hour days, so say goodbye to much free time out of work. To add insult to injury, we don’t receive PTO hours on anything past the first 8 hours, so that cuts even more into any free time you could have. The tools that they provide are ok, but I’ve gone through countless drills in the year I’ve been here because they’re all used and abused before we even get them. I understand saving money and using tools until they done work, but when I get a “new” drill and it can barely drill through a stucco wall, it adds a lot of time to the job, which in turn affects any raises or promotions you might get.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Okay but Could Be Better

Oct 6, 2022 - Network Provisioning Technician in Santa Rosa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great and you will work with fantastic individuals. They train on site so you'll learn something new everyday. You'll be apart of something that is really needed in our country. Growth within the company is difficult but it is still there.

Cons

Communication between employees and upper management could use some work, this goes with between departments as well. They are quick with write ups. The pay for the immediate area isn't favorable.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very inconsistent

Oct 10, 2022 - Construction Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company seems to have a lot of potential and generally people are happy to see our trucks in their neighborhood.

Cons

The underground construction department lacks opportunities and there’s a lack of professionalism. Management seems to prefer to hire 2 inexperienced people rather than invest in hiring recruiting/retaining 1 quality employee.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love it here!

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love helping spreading a fiber optic network that is directly competing with the current ISP monopolies. From a historical standpoint, I know I will be able to look back on my career and know I made a difference in how our country and the world communicates.

Cons

The company is having a hard time keeping up with its growth. We need more people to help with the build out of our fiber network.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Don’t work here

Oct 20, 2022 - Accounts Payable Specialist in Santa Rosa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

None since Covid ruined the company and the owner became all about making money for himself.

Cons

Covid hit and everything change.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Aug 23, 2022 - Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sometimes it was an okay day

Cons

Honestly not many cons included

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 8, 2022 - Technical Support Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very independent work and great support/training. I only ever worked remote from home so felt very independent in my ability to do work. The support leads/managers were always available if I needed any help though. They advertise career advancement and as long as you perform your share of the work, they are more than welcome to give you the opportunity to move up.

Cons

The pay could be better compared to other tech support positions

Viewing 1 - 10 of 120 Reviews
</>Embed

Sonic (Internet and Phone) Reviews FAQs

Sonic (Internet and Phone) has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 124 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Sonic (Internet and Phone) to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sonic (Internet and Phone) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sonic (Internet and Phone). This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of Sonic (Internet and Phone) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sonic (Internet and Phone) 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sonic (Internet and Phone) to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation.

Popular Careers with Sonic (Internet and Phone) Job Seekers