- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - Napa, CA Area
- - Santa Rosa, CA
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - Oakley, CA
- - Richmond, CA
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Redwood City, CA
- - Hayward, CA
- - Oakland, CA
- - Texas
- - San Antonio, TX Area
- - Schertz, TX
- Brazil - All Cities
- - Tocantins
- - São Paulo
Found 120 of over 124 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "low pay for expected work." (in 18 reviews)
- "Although it is an ever changing environment, management does not seem to be able to keep up sometimes." (in 4 reviews)
- "Upper management is very uneven" (in 3 reviews)
- "Salaries always could be better" (in 3 reviews)
- "Long hours and confusing rules at times" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sonic (Internet and Phone) and is not affected by filters.
- Veteran Status
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 20, 2022 - Field Technician in Santa Rosa, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great experience I learned a lot. Everyone I worked with was helpful and very knowledgeable.
Lots of commute time but that’s a given for the work.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 14, 2022 - Manager in Santa Rosa, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Dane is one of the best people I've met, he truly loves his company and cares for his employees. The people you work with are fantastic, they make the company. Surprise... surprise.... this is no different than most other companies. Most departments at Sonic have a hybrid or remote work option. Great company if you have just graduated and need to gain experience for your resume. Sonic likes to and will promote from within, but this becomes a double edge sword I'll explain below.
Middle management is grossly lacking the skills necessary to effectively and efficiently execute their job. When Sonic promotes from within, the people that obtain promotions while good at their job, are not given the training or freedom they need to succeed. Nor are they empowered by upper management to actually be effective at their job. There's a new culture shift happening with the immense pressure all are under but the pressure lacks direction and standard operating procedures. As a result, cross-department coworkers are finger pointing and becoming cut throat towards one another instead of working toward a common goal.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 30, 2022 - Field Sales RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Crème de la crème product and supportive management. The compensation scheme is fair and encourages top performers to give their all. Good benefits.
Success is largely beholden to the assigned territory. High frequency visits annoy prospects and are akin to reaping fields that haven't had an opportunity to regrow. Going to the same neighborhoods over and over again is mentally taxing. Sales contests are sometimes unfair because certain teams are working in saturated markets while others are in brand new territory.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 21, 2022 - Fiber Installation Technician in Santa Rosa, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Everyone at the company is very friendly and wants you to succeed. They provide a work vehicle that you can take every day to and from the job sites and they pay for gas, so no extra miles or gas expenses during the work week. It’s relatively quick to get promoted as long as you’re doing a good job. If you’re efficient, you can even make extra money from doing more jobs than is expected.
Very long days with mandatory overtime. Oftentimes you’ll be working 12+ hour days, so say goodbye to much free time out of work. To add insult to injury, we don’t receive PTO hours on anything past the first 8 hours, so that cuts even more into any free time you could have. The tools that they provide are ok, but I’ve gone through countless drills in the year I’ve been here because they’re all used and abused before we even get them. I understand saving money and using tools until they done work, but when I get a “new” drill and it can barely drill through a stucco wall, it adds a lot of time to the job, which in turn affects any raises or promotions you might get.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Oct 6, 2022 - Network Provisioning Technician in Santa Rosa, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The benefits are great and you will work with fantastic individuals. They train on site so you'll learn something new everyday. You'll be apart of something that is really needed in our country. Growth within the company is difficult but it is still there.
Communication between employees and upper management could use some work, this goes with between departments as well. They are quick with write ups. The pay for the immediate area isn't favorable.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 10, 2022 - Construction WorkerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company seems to have a lot of potential and generally people are happy to see our trucks in their neighborhood.
The underground construction department lacks opportunities and there’s a lack of professionalism. Management seems to prefer to hire 2 inexperienced people rather than invest in hiring recruiting/retaining 1 quality employee.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★May 19, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I love helping spreading a fiber optic network that is directly competing with the current ISP monopolies. From a historical standpoint, I know I will be able to look back on my career and know I made a difference in how our country and the world communicates.
The company is having a hard time keeping up with its growth. We need more people to help with the build out of our fiber network.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 20, 2022 - Accounts Payable Specialist in Santa Rosa, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
None since Covid ruined the company and the owner became all about making money for himself.
Covid hit and everything change.
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 23, 2022 - ManagementRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Sometimes it was an okay day
Honestly not many cons included
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Apr 8, 2022 - Technical Support RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very independent work and great support/training. I only ever worked remote from home so felt very independent in my ability to do work. The support leads/managers were always available if I needed any help though. They advertise career advancement and as long as you perform your share of the work, they are more than welcome to give you the opportunity to move up.
The pay could be better compared to other tech support positions
Sonic (Internet and Phone) Reviews FAQs
Sonic (Internet and Phone) has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 124 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Sonic (Internet and Phone) to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
64% of Sonic (Internet and Phone) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sonic (Internet and Phone) 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.