KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sonic

Is this your company?

Sonic

Add a Review

Sonic Employee Reviews about "minimum wage"

Updated Jan 19, 2021

Found 150 of over 3,951 reviews

3.2
Sonic CEO Paul Brown
Paul Brown
Pros
  • "The pros is it’s a fast paced job(in 234 reviews)

• "Great people flexible hours good(in 141 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and being in weather(in 123 reviews)

• "PEOPLE DONT KNOW THAT WE DON'T MAKE MINIMUM WAGE SO ALOT OF PPL DONT TIP(in 108 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sonic and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "minimum wage"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Learned A Ton Working Here

Oct 31, 2020 - Skating Carhop/Fountain/Ice Cream/Cook in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

[Worked for ~2 years and some change] 1) If you're sheltered, it's a great way to see what real life is like for most people 2) If you have the capacity to take on responsibility, it will be noticed because most of your coworkers will not 3) Allows for personal growth 4) Learned to fry, skate, stop using calculators, make delicious drinks/mixers, and most importantly, that I needed to be somewhere else. -Ran by kids

Cons

-Started off Sub-minimum wage as a carhop (~5-6$/Hr), and didn't get a raise until I took on multiple rolls. -Ran by kids, which is fun (when you're a kid)

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    2. 2.0

You can do better❤️

Dec 3, 2020 - CarHop in Port Richey, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

They were/are hiring on the spot . Most the employees and managers were really nice and pleasant to work with.

Cons

The pay is crazy low.. below minimum wage, plus tips. When I was hired management said I’d be making most my money in tips , However the tips you get are little to none . Also at the end of every night you are supposed to give them money that you owe the store ( from cash payments from orders throughout the day ) my wallet would often somehow magically be short, and when that happens you are supposed to cover however much you are short. Leaving me to give them any personal tips I made and give it to the company . I’m not sure how anyone can live off of working here .But most people that work there are under age , so that’s probably why they don’t mind working with such a low income.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee

Sonic Drive-In

Dec 15, 2020 - Sonic Drive In Emplyee in Cypress, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers free drinks to its employees, as well as half-price food.

Cons

The company offers minimum wage, at best. The starting cooks make less than > 7 an hour, despite being in a hot kitchen for 8 hours a day. Carhops make only 5.25 an hour, which, unfortunately is legal. They presume that carhops will make tips, but this simply isn't true. Crew members make minimum wage, but seeing as most crew members run around constantly, the pay just isn't enough. Would not recommend.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0

It was minimum wage

Dec 2, 2020 - Crew Member in Flagstaff, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was in highschool so sick

Cons

It was minimum wage lol

Be the first to find this review helpful