Sonitrol Pacific Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Beau Bradley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Sonitrol Pacific full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff and the management are all very accommodating and want to see you succeed. I have never had higher management just as invested in my success as my immediate manager and wanting to make sure you are happy. They go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and appreciated!

Cons

I can’t think of any cons

2. "Security Consultant"

I have been working at Sonitrol Pacific full-time

Pros

work closely with law enforcement and small mid businesses

Cons

I really can't think of anything.

3. "Well worth checking into!"

Current Employee - Outside Customer Service Representative in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Customer Service Representative in Everett, WA

Pros

About 30% of our employees have been here over 10 years and a few of those are nearing 35 years! That's significant and is a positive reflection of our company's core values, Mission Statement and entrepreneurial ethos. The cumulative wealth of knowledge here ensures any newcomers will receive the training they need to be successful and in turn provide the best customer service for our clients. The Sonitrol product being installed in businesses, schools and homes is easy to be proud of and stand behind 100% - no need to hone your false façade skills! If it ever became necessary to leave Sonitrol Pacific (for any unfathomable reason), I would most likely need to leave the alarm industry altogether and choose a different field. After nearly 19 years, just can't imagine working for Brand X.

Cons

Our security consultants invest in some long hours to get established but once they get in the flow they see great returns on their hard work.

"The Worst!"

Former Employee - Operator in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Operator in Everett, WA

Pros

Paycheck, nice-ish people, dress code

Cons

Break schedule, benefits, fake management, no lunch, not allowed to leave the building, had to pay for water service

Advice to Management

If you say you care, show it, otherwise it means nothing.

5. "Security Consultant"

I worked at Sonitrol Pacific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sonitrol was a great outside B2B sales job. They provide you with all of the training that you need as well as providing the support to go out there and get new business. Lot's of competitions to keep things fun and exciting as well as the opportunity to win all expenses paid trips.

Also, the security system itself is by far the best in the industry and it feels good to sell something that you know is the best!

Lastly, even though it is not a Fortune 500 company there is still lots of opportunity to move up and they do reward hard work. Just after my first year with the company I was promoted to sales manager for their sister company here in Portland.

Cons

Hard work to find and gain new accounts. However, they provide you with the support to go out there and get these new accounts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

6. "Outside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Pros

Everything I thought it would be and more. Unlimited earning potential and great perks along the way - I received 3 all-expense paid trips during my first full year in the company as well as several cash incentives. The management team is empowering and very approachable. It's a fun and welcoming working environment with people who treat you with respect and want you to succeed. Lots of opportunity for growth and promotion within the company.

Cons

The first 90 days were tough - they put me through a rigorous training program and the learning curve was steep, even with my sales background. The payoff is well worth the effort though, I assure you.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example and looking for the positives - your forward thinking and dedication to your employees and clients is inspiring on a deep level. I love working for leaders who are constantly challenging the status quo and trying to be better than they were the day before.

7. "Good company to work for and great people to work with"

I have been working at Sonitrol Pacific full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with is a huge positive for me. Everyone is very friendly and works well together. Upper management is the same way, I enjoy working with them. In my role I get to work on a lot of different projects so my days are never exactly the same which is also important for me.

Cons

More vacation time would be nice.

Advice to Management

Again, more vacation time would be nice.

"Good people, tight pockets."

Former Employee - Support Staff
    Former Employee - Support Staff

I worked at Sonitrol Pacific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Family oriented company. Relatively relaxed office culture.

Cons

Pay is very weak. Benefits are virtually non-existent. High employee turnover due to the above.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees by providing a higher wage that is more in-line with the work load and expectations that are set. It will dramatically reduce turnover rates.

"Wonderful People"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Sonitrol Pacific full-time

Pros

Very nice group of people, very genuine and caring. The audio security really works, it is an excellent product.

Cons

Poor pay in comparison to similar jobs with other companies. Hard to ends meet if you are the only, or main, income in your home. The cost of this product is much higher than the competitors so it is harder to sell. The expectations on the employees is higher than the wage is worth in my opinion. The health benefits are not competitive either, low benefits and high cost to employees.

Advice to Management

Pay the employees a more competitive wage to avoid losing more good employees.

"Great coworkers but I can't afford to buy them lunch."

I have been working at Sonitrol Pacific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers. Meeting clients. The work itself. The location. Everyone is really pleasant and that has really been really pleasant but some of the people who have been there for a while I can tell are miserable.

Cons

The pay the pay and oh the pay. And the sneaky stuff they have done to act like they are being generous. No short term and the insurance is really unaffordable.

Advice to Management

Don't ask how we like the job because we are going to lie. Would you like these conditions?