Sonitrol Pacific Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Beau Bradley

1. "Well worth checking into!"

Current Employee - Outside Customer Service Representative in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Customer Service Representative in Everett, WA

Pros

About 30% of our employees have been here over 10 years and a few of those are nearing 35 years! That's significant and is a positive reflection of our company's core values, Mission Statement and entrepreneurial ethos. The cumulative wealth of knowledge here ensures any newcomers will receive the training they need to be successful and in turn provide the best customer service for our clients. The Sonitrol product being installed in businesses, schools and homes is easy to be proud of and stand behind 100% - no need to hone your false façade skills! If it ever became necessary to leave Sonitrol Pacific (for any unfathomable reason), I would most likely need to leave the alarm industry altogether and choose a different field. After nearly 19 years, just can't imagine working for Brand X.

Cons

Our security consultants invest in some long hours to get established but once they get in the flow they see great returns on their hard work.

"The Worst!"

Former Employee - Operator in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Operator in Everett, WA

Pros

Paycheck, nice-ish people, dress code

Cons

Break schedule, benefits, fake management, no lunch, not allowed to leave the building, had to pay for water service

Advice to Management

If you say you care, show it, otherwise it means nothing.

3. "Outside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Pros

Everything I thought it would be and more. Unlimited earning potential and great perks along the way - I received 3 all-expense paid trips during my first full year in the company as well as several cash incentives. The management team is empowering and very approachable. It's a fun and welcoming working environment with people who treat you with respect and want you to succeed. Lots of opportunity for growth and promotion within the company.

Cons

The first 90 days were tough - they put me through a rigorous training program and the learning curve was steep, even with my sales background. The payoff is well worth the effort though, I assure you.

Advice to Management

Keep leading by example and looking for the positives - your forward thinking and dedication to your employees and clients is inspiring on a deep level. I love working for leaders who are constantly challenging the status quo and trying to be better than they were the day before.

5. "Join the team if you get the chance."

Former Employee - Alarm Monitoring Operator in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Alarm Monitoring Operator in Everett, WA

I worked at Sonitrol Pacific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is fantastic. Even as an operator there are opportunities for bonuses every month and there are some incidents that can make a good story. The entire staff is friendly and family-like, including all the management. All of the separate offices come together to satisfy customers needs. Best company I have ever worked for, and upset I can't continue to stay with this company.

Cons

While you can get excitement from time to time, there are a few hours of work that seem to drag along. Getting time off can also be a hassle as well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you guys are great and know how to ALWAYS do the right thing.

6. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sonitrol Pacific full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, excellent benefits and great work environment. The people there are friendly and the company pays for lunch on non-paid Fridays.
    I had a great time working here. The managers were easy to talk to.

Cons

None to speak of. The job just wasn't for me. Long hours sitting and starring at a monitor.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

7. "Challenging"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Everett, WA

I have been working at Sonitrol Pacific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training
    Supplied with absolutely every sales tool you will need
    Organized
    Great people and managers

Cons

Lots of "no" before you hear a "yes", can be discouraging.
    Employee turnover
    Sometimes there are unreachable expectations

Advice to Management

Less pressure on sales people and managers will result in less turnover and more loyalty.

8. "Outstanding Opportunity - If you want to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Portland, OR

Pros

Very good base pay, management and other employees treat you very well, training process is five weeks and very extensive. If you can figure out ways to sell without door knocking, you can make a very good living.

Cons

There is some doorknocking, telemarking and cold-calling involved in this position, but you learn how to find leads other ways.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, this is an outstanding workplace environment.

9. "Tough Job"

Current Employee - Security Consultant in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Security Consultant in Everett, WA

Pros

I liked the people I worked with and the compensation is actually pretty decent. They provide you with a laptop and cell phone which is nice.

Cons

It is tough to sell Sonitrol Security systems. The people who want it will buy, but those people are few and far between. If you like cold calling, this job is for you. Training is poor at best which is evidenced by the extremely high turnover. I saw some great salespeople get fired during my tenure.

Advice to Management

Training and marketing. Training to keep and grow talent. Marketing to get the phones ringing.

10. "Security Consultant at Sonitrol Pacific"

Former Employee - Security Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Security Consultant in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Sonitrol Pacific offered great starting pay and in addition to this they provided all sales people with a generous car allowance, laptop and cell phone. There are some very nice and hard working people who work there.

Cons

It is a high pressure sales job, there is very little in the way of helpful training and the turnover rate is extremely high. You have to deal with a ton micromanagement.

Advice to Management

The current formula isn't generating consistent sales revenue. Time to think outside of the box.

11. "Security Consultant"

I worked at Sonitrol Pacific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sonitrol was a great outside B2B sales job. They provide you with all of the training that you need as well as providing the support to go out there and get new business. Lot's of competitions to keep things fun and exciting as well as the opportunity to win all expenses paid trips.

Also, the security system itself is by far the best in the industry and it feels good to sell something that you know is the best!

Lastly, even though it is not a Fortune 500 company there is still lots of opportunity to move up and they do reward hard work. Just after my first year with the company I was promoted to sales manager for their sister company here in Portland.

Cons

Hard work to find and gain new accounts. However, they provide you with the support to go out there and get these new accounts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!