KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sonoco Products

Is this your company?

Sonoco Products

Add a Review

Sonoco Products Employee Reviews about "culture"

Updated Aug 8, 2022

Found 91 of over 827 reviews

3.8
Sonoco Products President and CEO R. Howard Coker
R. Howard Coker

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and it's weekly(in 73 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and over all a good company to work for.(in 70 reviews)
  • "Great People and Professional Atmosphere(in 56 reviews)
  • "As a company they invest in their people; they have created a great culture of developing leaders.(in 21 reviews)
  • "The other employees, mark a couple, are very easy to work with, and are great at training.(in 12 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sonoco Products and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent

Jan 14, 2021 - Plant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sonoco values people and has been very supportive of my goals. Very good culture and people.

Cons

Compensation and vacation a little behind.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company and Great Culture

May 14, 2019 - Production Supervisor in West Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

the company helps with developing people who wants to grow in leadership. The safety culture; really stress the importance on working safe and looking out for each other.

Cons

Sometimes it gets too busy that there are times we have to work many weekends but at the same time, just shows how busy and have high demands from our customers.

Continue reading

Sonoco Products Response

Thank you for leaving your review. Our development focused culture is one of the top reasons for our success as an organization. Work can get crazy, and the demand can be high, but please know we value your time and appreciate what you do for Sonoco! Thank you again for leaving a review, if you'd like to share any more insights, please don't hesitate to reach us at connect@sonoco.com

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Mixed feelings

Aug 12, 2017 - Quality Manager in Hartsville, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall company culture is good.

Cons

Poor oversight of leadership and middle management.

Continue reading
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supply Management

Aug 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sonoco does a great job of allowing freedom to achieve both personal and business goals. They also trust the person first and support cross functional training. Every three years you'll have the chance for promotion within the same position or the ability to transfer to another function all together. Check out the LinkedIn profiles of any Sonoco employee and you'll see what I mean. I have also found that Sonoco's approach is: heavy responsibility, with time to learn and understand the position, followed-up by the freedom to figure out position and make it your own. Sonoco's corporate culture has always been supportive and built upon the concept of succeeding together as a team.

Cons

If you need constant guidance and micromanagement, this is not a good corporate culture for you.