Sonora Quest Laboratories Reviews in Glendale, AZ | Glassdoor

Sonora Quest Laboratories President & CEO David A. Dexter
David A. Dexter
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, recognize hard work and dedication and allows advancement within the company (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, boss was considerate (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Being a 24/7 Lab makes it challenging to manage a work life balance, but it's attainable (in 5 reviews)

• Lack of communication and professionalism isn't always demonstrated in the workplace (in 4 reviews)

"Great Company to Work For, Not-So-Great Work Hours"

Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, Good working environment, Enjoyable work duties

Cons

Overnight work schedule is too difficult at this location- 5 eight-hour shifts with one day off every other week. This is hard to do working days, much less on night shift. It would be much better to have the option of 4 ten-hour days or 3 twelve-hour days. The morning and evening shifts both have ten-hour shifts available to most employees but it's not offered for the night shift. The overnight shift is a very difficult one to work at any rate, but this particular schedule is really a challenge.
    Other than the schedule, the only thing I have noticed is one coordinator who I feel lacks effective communication skills and positive leadership. The rest of the coordinators otherwise are very helpful, knowledgeable and professional.

Advice to Management

I believe working out a schedule that the employees have been asking for (4 ten-hour shifts) would help with employee retention and longetivity in this location.
    I feel that ALL coordinators should be held to the same standards of professionalism and leadership. If an individual in a leadership role is not up to professional standards (or upholding company values), then they should receive further training and then demonstrate positive leadership skills to maintain this position.

"BEWARE of IOP"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Glendale, AZ

Pros

Only benefits I could even think of was the hours I would work and they offered PTO and benefits

Cons

I was offered a position at Sonora Quest to work for an IOP site which already had faced some difficulties and a "PAST". At first the management seemed nice and caring but further along the road, they were hardly there to help mitigate you through the basic steps or tell you how the site operates. The site I was at was extremely busy and impossible for only one person to work at. I would have an overall 30 draws a day, had to hand write my labels, make copies of all the lab requisition.
    In addition, if you need to get a hold of your supervisor, forget it !!
    I only worked at this site for about a month and was terminated without any explanation of why or wasn't confronted about what I did wrong.

They could have had a meeting with me in regards to what I wasn't doing right and could have gave me constructive criticism. I found out I was fired when I arrived at the site i was working at and seen another Sonora Quest employer working. I had to call my manager because my supervisor would not answer. My manager flat out told me I was terminated and hung up.

Advice to Management

Answer the phone if your fellow co-workers need anything and be upfront about things rather than hiding around the bush. The least you can do is return a call and in addition have a better foundation.