Sonora Quest Laboratories Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sonora Quest Laboratories President & CEO David A. Dexter
David A. Dexter

Pros
  • Great benefits, recognize hard work and dedication and allows advancement within the company (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, boss was considerate (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Being a 24/7 Lab makes it challenging to manage a work life balance, but it's attainable (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management/SLT is either not aware or doesn't care about high turn around of staff and feedback given by front line employees (in 5 reviews)

1. "Decent Company"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits
    Good Pay
    Company offers training for most positions

Cons

Difficult job (phlebotomy)
    Days can range from really fast to quite slow

2. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Clinical Laboratory Assistant in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Clinical Laboratory Assistant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were friendly, helpful, and always willing to share their knowledge.

Cons

As with many companies, you can only advance so far without a degree. It's a great incentive to go back to school.

3. "Phlebotomy Tech ll"

Current Employee - In-Office Phlebotomist Ll in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - In-Office Phlebotomist Ll in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job and career i have loved every moment

Cons

there really are none that i can think of at the moment except the traffic to and from work.

Advice to Management

if i was to say one thing is to stay involved

"LTC"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Prescott, AZ
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Prescott, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time

Pros

Money well invested in employee retainment, well rounded company goals, opportunity to grow

Cons

Limited staffing,limited availability for scheduled time off, low pay, poor management, frequent discontent among staff

Advice to Management

Screen your managers before employing them, fire those that are deserving of it, pay your staff accordingly

6. "Not bad but not for everyone"

Current Employee - Specimen Processor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Specimen Processor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories (More than 5 years)

Pros

After years, finally competent supervisors who actually care about your success. Also finally incentive pay to go above and beyond our daily goals. Benefits are amazing. The health insurance makes me never want to work for another company again. Loud and fast paced environment with 50+ people working at a time during night shifts. Allowed to listen to music for your whole shift. SQL's got a program that pays for your school if you want to advance your career. Supervisors are always willing to help you advance, even if it's to a different department. Everyone gets along great

Cons

You accrue about a day of PTO each pay period, and you have to use that PTO for any holidays and sick days as well. Completely drains your PTO around Thanksgiving and xmas. Only given 3 sick days every 6 months - and those are used if you are late more than 5 minutes or leave early for any reason. During busy seasons a lot of overtime is expected. Inexperienced employees get promoted too quickly, which leads to poorly trained new employees. Very high turnover rate with a lot of new people who just stop showing up. Not really payed enough to deal with the bodily fluids and specimens that we do.

Advice to Management

Really evaluate potential employees in interviews and make it clear what's expected and what they'll be doing so they don't just leave after the first day, or not know what is expected of them once out of training.

7. "Courier"

Former Employee - Courier in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Courier in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Sonora Quest Laboratories (More than 8 years)

Pros

Freedom to work independently. Management conveys their wishes to employees and as long as you comply with their requirement working there is great.

Cons

Attention to detail is of primary importance. Don't consider working there if your prone to making errors or unable to be consistently reliable.

Advice to Management

Consider rewarding employees who consistently perform at a high level with gift cards, movie tickets, etc. to show appreciation for their value to the company.

8. "Lab Tech IIII"

Current Employee - Tennessee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Tennessee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay,benefits, personal growth time great co workers , company is employee oriented and Sonora Quest is always implementing new ideas to better the company

Cons

Not enough employees , Not enough experience managers , long hours, area that company is located , and lack of specimen processors to keep work flow steady

Advice to Management

Management need to focus on being properly trained on all procedures , SOP's , troubleshooting and solving issues throughout the lab so that entry level employees are trained to do their job effectively

9. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

It's a good company to work for. Good benefits, generous paid time off and people are awesome.

Cons

none so far that I can thin of.

10. "Manager"

Former Employee - Laboratory Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Laboratory Manager in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Enjoyed working with patients and being apart of making the company grow and expanding for future patients. I am a highly motivated person and I love people and challenge.When a patient don't trust that you can draw them and is scared mostly children I've been known to earn there trust I would never stick a needle into a patient if I wasn't 100percent sure . I treat people all people all ages as if was me or a family member. The relationship between you and the patient is priceless ❤️

Cons

We needed our hours to change for patients whom needed there labs done for the following day . I've been told by many patients that they needed there lab work done on certain days and different times due to there work schedule and I agreed. I understand that and unfortunately I couldn't extend the company rules. I honestly didn't like to turn anyone away or have a patient upset .

Advice to Management

I have managed several clinics the advice for others will be to treat every single person whom you may come into contact with common courtesy and always be extremely patient and positive professional at all times .

11. "Love this company"

Current Employee - In-Office Phlebotomist II in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - In-Office Phlebotomist II in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, recognize hard work and dedication and allows advancement within the company. I see myself here for the long haul.

Cons

There are no cons that I have at this point but if I have to choose it would be very hard to come up with any reason.