Sonora Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Sonora Regional Medical Center President and CEO Andrew Jahn
Andrew Jahn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good place to work. Good co-workers"

Former Employee - CNA in Sonora, CA
    Former Employee - CNA in Sonora, CA

I worked at Sonora Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay especially for the area. Regular raises based on performance.

Cons

Scheduling sucks depending on the department

"staff RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Sonora, CA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Sonora, CA

I have been working at Sonora Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have an uncanny ability to hire amazing intelligent and dedicated people

Cons

I've worked there greater than 15 years and I STILL think they need to re-evaluate their definition of "productivity."

Advice to Management

see Cons. You would keep more quality people that way

3. "Desktop Support Specialist"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Sonora, CA
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Sonora, CA

I worked at Sonora Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small town life, great place to raise your kids.

Cons

Salary comparison is not accurate, IT is under paid for the work and responsibility.

4. "Activity Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sonora, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sonora, CA

Pros

Great Christian Atmosphere plus great caring associates.

Cons

I have to drive 50 plus miles to work

5. "CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Sonora, CA

I have been working at Sonora Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Several CNA ON EACH FLOOR PER SHIFT

Cons

seniority means nothing here. I've been here 6 years and those that were hired after myself are being transferred to other departments. Or trained to be CnA2 or unit clerks or tele techs. I am older and for dome reason I am never given the opportunity to transfer to another position.

Advice to Management

Be fair. If employment policy says you have to work for 3 months before transferred to another dept. or not hired if haven't been CNA for - year. . A few seem to be able to slip by and move on. Others are never given a opportunity.

6. "small treasure"

Current Employee - CNA in Sonora, CA

I have been working at Sonora Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

small community with great support . Great staff moral .....

Cons

no complaints at this time

7. "Good organization."

Former Employee - Scheduling/Administrative in Sonora, CA
    Former Employee - Scheduling/Administrative in Sonora, CA

I worked at Sonora Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good morale, good benefits.

Cons

Not good training, negative attitude of co-workers. Supervisor not available and completely ignored me. Left alone during training period.

Advice to Management

More hands-on.

"Great Team"

Current Employee - Therapist in Sonora, CA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Sonora, CA

Pros

Great coworkers, keep the day upbeat. Quality care provider. Willing to try new technology, on the leading edge, leads by example. Best place to work, best place to practice medicine makes it the best place to receive care.

Cons

Staying on the leading edge of technology can sometimes mean a rocky start with new systems. Somewhat rural so when staffing is short it can take awhile to fill a position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication on what's happening throughout the year and with new projects. Doing a good job with transparency.

"Just an okay place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sonora, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sonora, CA

Pros

Everyone is nice
    Pretty location
    Easy to get time off

Cons

Horrible cafeteria food
    Idiotic "sick leave" system
    Never get raises
    Too religious

Advice to Management

Serve meat in the cafeteria, not everyone is a 7th Day Adventist
    Give annual Cost of Live Allownaces
    Revise the "sick leave" system so you can actually use your sick time instead of having to use vacation days when you're ill.

10. "Great Company"

Pros

Great benefits, supportive coworkers and management, HR department very helpful and genuinely cares about you, executive team is very involved in being visible and accessible to staff. We have tri-yearly meetings where the president and CEO speaks directly to us in small groups about what is happening at the hospital, opens it up for questions, and reminds us through videos created by our great marketing team about great patient care, how we all matter, and gives us feedback about accolades we've received since we last met. A few times a year we have events for the staff like flag football games, BBQs, etc. The company is very invested in engaging staff and management and consistently works to get feedback about what is working and what isn't. We have weekly and monthly awards to high performing employees (we gauge this by good deeds, having a heart for service, etc). They really try to make this be the best place to work. The company does a wage analysis every year to remain competitive with the market all the way to Sacramento. The cafeteria has served meat for the last few years, so the previous review about that is moot. There has also been a push for better food, so I am happy to say that the food is pretty good at the caf. I am not Adventist and I really don't believe that it is necessary to be promoted as one reviewer said, I think like with any company, you are promoted on merit and good work. I was promoted a year after I was hired. Multiple managers and directors are not Adventist. It does matter that you can exemplify the values, vision, and mission of the organization though, so if you can't do that, of course you will not be put in a leadership role. If you are a good representative of yourself and the hospital, take pride in the service your provide, they will recognize it and foster your growth and support you in your career goals. They also offer education assistance for advancing your education.

Cons

You will always find negative Nancy's everywhere you go, and there are a few employees and managers that have this reputation. There could be some updates done on the hospital, however I do know they are working on it. They are currently remodeling the ED, and are planning on redoing much of the main hospital because we are building a new Cancer Institute next door and moving some departments over.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, keep doing right for the community, keep engaging your employees and asking for feedback from them on what to improve.