KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 299 of over 359 reviews

4.3
Sonos CEO Patrick Spence
Patrick Spence

What people are saying about Sonos

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sonos and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

Great place to work

Jan 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sonos is a very dynamic and diverse company. The management and the executive board really prioritize employees well being.

Cons

Nothing major to note here.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work culture

Sep 15, 2022 - UX Designer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work culture and people to work with

Cons

Nothing I can think of honestly.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Benefits, Good People

Sep 1, 2022 - Engineering Technician in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good, nice stock options and medical benefits, everyone is hardworking but also knows how to have fun. Lots of people that want to help you advance your career. You get 8 50% discount codes every year and unlimited 20% discount codes

Cons

sometimes you have to stay late but that's with any job. the work is fun and meaningful

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent company to work for

Aug 28, 2022 - Senior Internal Communications Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sonos is a people first company. I have always felt that my personal well-being was the top priority from management. I have had many opportunities to grow and succeed. Management trusts me to make decisions that will help the company. When a project is unsuccessful, it is treated as a learning opportunity

Cons

I think we could improve on cross functional work

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company

Aug 15, 2022 - Quality Assurance Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the most enlightened company I have ever worked for. Between the genuine focus on employee health and wellness, weekly sessions on interesting topics, and fulfilling work, every day there was a joy. They also make amazing products and have a lot of wonderful people working there.

Cons

There seemed to be some separation and lack of oversight between middle and upper management in the department where I worked.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good People, Broken Comp

Sep 6, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The People are lovely -They try to be inclusive as much as possible -The products are amazing

Cons

-Exec team is to removed from day to day and can't keep teams focused - Unmanageable workload -Poor comp structure - RSUs aren't performing, no individual bonus component, weak and undervalued base salaries - comp model is stale and mediocre

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I've ever worked

Jun 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am so grateful to have landed at Sonos. Beyond the fact that our products are truly outstanding and genuinely enhance people's lives, the accessibility, humility and integrity of our leadership are what keep me here, and the sheer opportunity for growth is what motivates me every day. I've never worked anywhere that so genuinely and truly cares for its people and the level of flexibility we enjoy makes things a lot easier for a working parent like myself.

Cons

As with any high-tech company, we move at a fast pace. We are highly distributed so as a new employee you may not meet many of your colleagues in person for quite some time. On the other hand, this seems like a tradeoff many of us are used to making at this point in the name of flexibility.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible culture and community!

Aug 1, 2022 - Marketing/PR Intern in Santa Barbara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing management Competitive pay Great work/life balance

Cons

Didn't hire a lot of the interns after the program

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Lots to do but getting big

Aug 12, 2022 - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of interesting work on both embedded and cloud at Sonos. Complex problems in both the process and team spaces.

Cons

The org is far from startup mode these days.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 10, 2022 - Talent Acquisition
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Sonos almost a year now and am loving it! The culture is flexible and inviting. We are free to do our jobs with flexibility in mind. This means that we can live and do our work wherever we are most happy/comfortable and we can take time off when we need it.

Cons

None that I can see so far

Viewing 1 - 10 of 299 Reviews

Sonos Reviews FAQs

Sonos has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 359 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Sonos to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sonos employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sonos. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

84% of Sonos employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sonos 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sonos to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Sonos Job Seekers