Sonova Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Sonova Reviews

Updated 9 Nov 2019

2.8
Sonova CEO Arnd Kaldowski
Arnd Kaldowski
Pros
  • "Nice work environment even if it is located in the middle of nowhere(in 9 reviews)

• "Good people, great products, supportive environment(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are times when work life balance can be difficult, but it’s manageable(in 8 reviews)

• "Baixa expectativa de crescimento, pouco investimento em novos m(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good"

Former Employee - Executive

I worked at Sonova full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work life balance. Bosses and colleagues are nice n easy to get along.

Cons

None I can think of.

Sonova2019-05-01

"Amazing employer!"

Administrative Assistant in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Sonova

Pros

Supportive management and good benefits from this employer. The company culture is dedicated to improving the outcomes of people with hearing loss.

Cons

There are times when work life balance can be difficult, but it’s manageable. Additional staff would be helpful to decrease the workload.

Sonova2018-04-27

Sonova Response

September 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate it a lot and are happy to hear you enjoy working here! It is important to us that we enable our employees to have an appropriate work life balance. If you would like to have a talk about this, feel free to reach out to me at Gianni.raffi@sonova.com or +41 58 928 01 01. Kind regards, Gianni Raffi, Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager

Continue reading

"Transforming / Work in progress"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Sonova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great employees to work with. Casual dress code. Good location. New building in Aurora coming soon. Flexible managers. Decent pay. Okay benefits.

Cons

Switzerland HQ lacks understanding of US operations and laws. US companies lack a leader to deliver on objectives. Benefits subpar compared to competitors and rest of US. Unequal pay for employees in same roles. Favoritism and nepotism unmanaged. No raises and bonus is minimal.

Sonova2019-10-01

"Sr. Management team (Aurora) is like cancer to what is otherwise a good company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

I worked at Sonova full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Every employee below the Sr. Management level are hard working and for the most part long term employees. I don’t know why or how, but they have a lot of great employees that unfortunately get exploited.

Cons

Senior management team is a joke- at least in Aurora. Loose morals are encouraged and infidelity is celebrated within the workplace (just ask the Sr. Management team and associates). People get promoted beyond their worth and value to the company. They talk a big game of creating a culture of ownership, yet they dump all the work and pressure on their hourly employees. Sr. Management makes a series of horrible decisions to the business model without considering the work and changes required to make those changes successful. Instead when things aren’t going the way they want they make their hourly employees work a ton of mandatory overtime and lay the blame on others instead of themselves. They throw a lot of people under the bus. If Sonova (Stäfa) want to make big changes, then they need to seriously consider wiping the slate clean at the Sr. management/ director level.

Sonova2019-09-20
  5. "Great hours, decent pay, keeps me busy"

Current Employee - Research Audiologist in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Sonova full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility and great hours - can occasionally work from home. The pay is substantial. 3 weeks vacation plus sick time to start.

Cons

Benefits are disappointing. Don’t get paid as much as the engineers, which seems to be in line with where the company places their value. Sonova remote sites have an auxiliary feel; not necessarily valued or paid in a manner equivalent or proportionate to employees at Sonova HQ.

Sonova2019-06-26
  6. "Overall is fine"

Former Employee - R&D Engineer

I worked at Sonova full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for the beginning. Sales are okay. 401k

Cons

Not sure a for a long term career

Sonova2019-05-07

"Looks can be deceiving"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Sonova full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive pay Great location, close to expressway

Cons

Terrible health insurance Internal politics No cohesiveness between divisions Toxic culture

Sonova2019-04-10
  8. "Good employer with chaotic organizations at time"

I worked at Sonova full-time

Pros

growing organizations with lots of chances for growth spirit of people development (sometimes still room to walk the talk) international business

Cons

Chaotic at times to any meeting and to many involved different business lines with unclear boundaries

Sonova2019-02-20

"Sonova is a great place to learn"

Former Employee - Field Support in Warrenville, IL

I worked at Sonova full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work here: Training, products, helping people

Cons

Some of the cons of working here: Can't think of much, it is a decent environment.

Sonova2018-11-07

"They won't pay you what you are worth! (McDonald's pays its fry cooks more.)"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator

I have been working at Sonova full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, PTO, and vacation.

Cons

What's the point of good benefits and insurance if you can barely afford the co-pay since they won't pay you for all your hard work and education?

Sonova2018-12-01