Sony Music Entertainment Reviews
75% would recommend to a friend
(779 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay for entry level jobs" (in 59 reviews)
- "low salary and not working in a team based environment" (in 31 reviews)
- "Long hours and lots of heavy deadlines" (in 17 reviews)
- "Not many opportunities to interact with other employees" (in 14 reviews)
- "The pay is awful and management doesn't care." (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sony Music Entertainment and is not affected by filters.
Found 779 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 6, 2023Marketing DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
I've loved my time at SME. I'm based in NY and we currently operate on a hybrid schedule that I enjoy. The People Experience team actively listen to staff. They are reactive to our general wants and needs without it feeling robotic, contrived, or overtly corporate. Great benefits across the board. My particular division has an incredible people culture that I never want to escape in a work place!
Large company and can be easy to get lost in the mix as an employee or division.
- 1.0Oct 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
free snacks and free drinks
terrible management, toxic work culture, the company will continue to go downhill because it’s poorly run, no room for growth because those who have been at sony music forever are riding the wave while the smart young people continue to leave, high turnover rate, no real innovation at all, it’s been a disappointment8
- 5.0Nov 19, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
I learned so much working for this employer. One of my favorite jobs that helped me grow professionally.
If you can't manage a fast paced, intense environment, this may not be a good fit for you.
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023InternshipCurrent EmployeeLos Angeles, CA
Great networking and access, good internship benefits such as discounts on the Sony Entertainment lot, great experience, very fun office atmosphere.
Pay is barely above minimum wage, internship events are not as good as some other Music competitors
- 1.0Nov 16, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
The benefits were okay and networking with so many partners was very helpful
This was the worst job I’ve ever had, there were unrealistic expectations that caused tremendous stress and the work culture is terrible especially for women
- 5.0Oct 13, 2023Graphic DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsNashville, TN
The benefits were unmatched. And the time off over the holidays was always great. Getting into big shows and parties was the best part of the week.
Work overload. Sometimes worked overtime with little compensation or acknowledgment. Work was nonstop and the load was heavy.
Sony Music Entertainment Reviews FAQs
Sony Music Entertainment has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,280 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Sony Music Entertainment to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
75% of Sony Music Entertainment employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sony Music Entertainment 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.