Sony Pictures Entertainment Reviews
77% would recommend to a friend
(1085 total reviews)
75% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Sony Pictures Entertainment
Jobs in Tech
2 months ago
Vice President of Sales
Anyone working at Sony or Playstation know if they ever have roles for people with a Sales background? (e.g. Account Executive, Account Manager, Customer Success Manager, Solution Engineer, etc.) If so, I would love to connect and see if there's a possibility to work there. It's definitely one of my dream companies, and I believe I have a solid background (6+ years) for at least an entry-level role. If those roles aren't common, any recs for what direction to shift my career towards? Thanks!!
2 months ago
Senior Technical Recruiter
I wonder how the low experienced individuals with very limited skillset land positions as tech recruiters at Blizzard, Activision, Sony, etc! ... While I have extensive technical HEAD HUNTING expertise and been applying at thier doors for YEARS! And do not even get a CALL!
Women in Tech
5 months ago
Hi all! Does anyone here work at PlayStation/Sony? Are there any ongoing hiring freezes or anything of the sort happening there, and if so does anyone have any idea when it will end? I've been waiting on an offer letter from them, but I was told that many roles are being put on hold at this time, the role I interviewed for included.
Got a burning question about Sony Pictures Entertainment? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sony Pictures Entertainment employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Worked with some great people and as with all things and places learned new things." (in 144 reviews)
- "Good Benefits and 401 Benefits" (in 113 reviews)
- "Great team and not a lot of typical Hollywood attitude." (in 41 reviews)
- "Good work life balance (unless you want to work remote)" (in 40 reviews)
- "Culture and atmospheres are good." (in 36 reviews)
- "Pay is low for the position and the vast amount of work required in the role." (in 42 reviews)
- "Currently many people are quitting Sony because of the poor management." (in 41 reviews)
- "Many layoffs over the years" (in 27 reviews)
- "Very busy and long hours" (in 23 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to other companies." (in 21 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sony Pictures Entertainment and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,085 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Nov 20, 2023Creative ProducerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Work was varied, staff lovely, regular annual bonus' and generous maternity pay
Management disputes are not handled well with HR. Also limited places to progress in career and little leeway in asking for pay rise.
- 5.0Nov 15, 2023EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Amazing work culture, Everyone is so very approachable and the interactions with business is always so enlightening.
Sometimes, there can be a disconnect when interacting with different teams.
- 4.0Nov 9, 2023Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Sony prioritizes work-life balance. The lot is beautiful and the amenities available (free gym with access to classes and training, dental, medical office, cafeteria, happy hours) makes it a fun place to work. The people are nice and it isn't hyper-competitive (except for some departments)
Politics. But, which company doesn't have that?
- 2.0Oct 27, 2023Sr. Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Good benefits if you're fulltime.
Lacks growth opportunities. Some colleagues have gone years (6-10+) without any promotions. It's the culture. So if you're seeking growth, this is not the right place.1
- 4.0Oct 25, 2023Data AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Good team with lots of learning opportunities. Benefits were very good too.
Large company. Prefer more entrepreneurial environment.
Sony Pictures Entertainment Reviews FAQs
Sony Pictures Entertainment has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,411 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Sony Pictures Entertainment to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
77% of Sony Pictures Entertainment employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sony Pictures Entertainment 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.