Sophos Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sophos CEO Kris Hagerman
Kris Hagerman

Pros
Cons
  • Very high work-pressure (leads to no Work/Life balance) (in 9 reviews)

• Some senior management seemed a little out of touch with regards to setting realistic targets and deadlines (in 11 reviews)

"Great Product"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Sophos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- excellent product
    - supportive culture

Cons

- not as large of a marketing budget as some competitors

"Incredible Company to be a part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, VA

I have been working at Sophos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has great values and is devoted to rewarding employees that show the ambition and keenness to progress through career development.

The recruiting process must be excellent, with very few mis-hires this company is full of very smart people.

Open and approachable senior management style makes for a great working environment and the facilities team do a great job of keeping the building a pleasure to work in.

All round an excellent company to work for.

Cons

In order to innovate the company is advancing in some areas so rapidly, it is difficult for some business units to keep up, which has identified that training is lacking in certain areas for the ambitious and willing to learn. Then there're the individuals that blame their own lack of motivation and progression on the 'processes' or 'senior management'. Those individuals are just not cut out for work in a fast paced environment that is Technology.

A steady deterioration in the employee events and fun team build events since going public, which is probably less sustainable now the company is investor owned but is something that was always highly regarded.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding people that show loyalty, determination and ambition to succeed and do right for this company.

"Sophos review"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Sophos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great technology and good compensation .

Cons

High workload and space crunch and horrible hr

Advice to Management

Get a bigger office place

"Solid Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Sophos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good to their employees, excellent training program. Good product mix, marketing was good in the focused sectors. VERY thorough interview process. Felt I really understood the company at the end of the process.

Cons

Did not have a solid grasp on the federal market at the time, a bit of arrogance as to the way business was conducted I hope (and expect) that has changed....

Advice to Management

As I have not been in touch with the company in 5 years I feel that I would be remiss in any advice given today.

"Small company with a big, positive personality."

Current Employee - Channel Account Executive (CAE) in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Channel Account Executive (CAE) in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Sophos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smaller company so my efforts make a big impact and I feel my opinion is heard loud and clear by every level of the company.

Cons

Private company and based out of UK...insurance and short term benefits are a little strange going through third party but still not bad!

Advice to Management

Please continue to keep that open mind and open door policy; best executive team I have ever worked with and for!

"Active leadership invested in success"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Sophos full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The new(ish) leadership has done a great job of honing the corporate focus, and making meaningful investments to keep the business competitive. While compensation for tenured employees needs to be adjusted, the benefits are quite good (holiday, 401k, work from home). Open communication and an energetic work pace are the norm.

Cons

Current employees need more visibility and a clear path for career progression; the C-suite recognizes this, so the hope is it will be addressed near-term and on-going. Working as a global company has it's own challenges; however, considerable investments are being made to optimize IT and enable better day-to-day communications amongst peers in other countries / regions.

Advice to Management

* Adjust / align pay for tenured employees to match current competitive market rates
    * Address and identify career paths and requirements
    * Consider offering sabbatical benefits to long-term employees

"I enjoy the company and the people"

Current Employee - Management Within Cloud Engineering in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Management Within Cloud Engineering in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Sophos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. With the exception of one or two people world wide, I have had nothing but positive interactions with my coworkers here at Sophos.

Within my BU, Sophos Cloud, I can see the impact my role is having, and I love the upper management support. Can upper management say yes to every idea? Of course not, but when it counts my management team has pushed and done the right thing.

We've been able to build out a team and we have been able to define our own SDLC (Agile). While not perfect, we have been able to tweak the process and it just seems to be getting better with each release.

I've been able to bring on some great talent. And Sr. management stepped up and knew what it would take to bring on top talent. Our team has been built to succeed!

Both salary and bonus payout (this year) are fine. And "we" have had no issues getting increases for the deserving people on our teams.

I've had several opportunities to leave Sophos for other good positions within some good companies, but I choose to stay here at Sophos.

Cons

OK, I like more space. The little cubes used in this office space are new to me, and I'm not a huge fan. That said, and having private offices for the last 14 years of my career, the pros here far outweigh my desire for another private office.

This may be only the second place I've worked where soda is not offered for free. Maybe I've just been lucky. That said, Sophos does offer a great array of FREE healthy foods, including cereal, bagels, yogurt, coffee, and lots of other healthy alternatives. ...but I still like soda!

The Burlington space could use more conference rooms with the ability to do video conferencing with the other EU based sites.

Advice to Management

- Invest in our ability to communicate between sites (more video conference rooms).
    - While I think my BU is fine with respect to compensation I can't ignore the other remarks on GlassDoor. This must be addressed, if accurate.
    - Continue to push UP the ideas and plans that are being fed to you by your teams. This is working within Cloud, and I would imagine it could work in other areas as well.
    - Continue to set "realistic" goals. If the goals become unattainable, morale will suffer (and so will bonuses).
    - Continue to respect peoples time off.
    - More US vacation time would be nice. The EU gets loads of holiday and vacation time, and this does not go unnoticed by the teams here in the US. No need to match the EU time, just bump it up a bit in the US, or be more aggressive with adding more time based on service.

8. "Rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Sophos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product and great people

Cons

Turnover is a bit concerning

"Great, until they closed our office."

Current Employee - Frontline Support E-mail Queue Manager in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Frontline Support E-mail Queue Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Sophos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, great pay, benefits rocked, and we got to drink on fridays after 1630.

Cons

Dealing with angry customers is never fun, in any environment, but at least they were all professionals.

10. "Sophos business analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Sophos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated employees, cooperative helpful attitude

Cons

Management does not respond quickly to changing markets, therefore the company lags the competition in many areas