SoulCycle Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
SoulCycle CEO Melanie Whelan
Melanie Whelan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The free classes are great along with the people (in 71 reviews)

• Being able to ride for free was a huge bonus while working part time (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • The term Work/life balance is thrown around A LOT (in 13 reviews)

• None that I can think of for a part time job (in 15 reviews)

"Front Desk Associate"

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate

I worked at SoulCycle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to ride for free, flexible hours, great if you are still in college.

Cons

Extremely early hours for shifts, high turnover.

"Awesome company culture"

Pros

The company has an awesome culture and really promotes the health and happiness of both their employees and their clients.

Cons

We are a very young company and with that comes a lot of trial and error. We could be more advanced with our procedures and technologies.

"Fast growing, great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is growing rapidly, and because it's still a lean operation there is a lot of opportunity to take on more and learn by doing! Everyone here has a strong passion for the brand and a great attitude. A huge perk is that employees take class for free, which creates a really healthy and fun work environment.

Cons

Our studios are open every day of the year, so in support of our studios and staff we are dedicated to checking in and being available every day. While that might seem challenging for some people, it feels natural when you love what you do!

"SoulCycle Is My Dream Job"

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

THE PEOPLE! The people at this company are some of the kindest, most hardworking bunch that I've ever worked amongst. There is very positive morale whether we're going through a high stress situation or not. We work quickly, but within a very supportive environment. Have an idea? It will be heard. Need help? Someone is always available to help brainstorm a process. There is so much passion behind the brand that it's hard not to feel motivated each day.

Cons

Very few. Not at all interested in health and wellness? Might not be the right place for you if SoulCycle as a product doesn't speak to you. If it does, you will find yourself very proud to work for both the brand and the community it represents.

"SoulCycle is my family."

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. I work with my best friends. I am excited to come to work every day to hang out with people I love that make me laugh. There is a lot of opportunity to try new ideas, make a difference as we are such a young, growing company. If you are a passionate and dedicated person, you can easily grow into new roles at Soul. Not to mention, wearing sweat pants to work and taking a class mid-day is pretty sweet.

Cons

You must be very flexible with your time as we are in service to the studios. The studios are open 365 days a year, some 5 am to 10 pm.

Advice to Management

Keep the awesome culture we started with

"Manager"

Current Employee - Corporate Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is always something fun happening at the office. Guest speakers. Music. Private rides that we are invited to. Freedom to grow and present ideas. I like coming to work everyday, we are corporate but not too corporate for shenanigans in the office.

Cons

The studios are open 365 days a year and most of them from 5:30am - 9:30pm, so if you are in a position of a support for the studios, be prepared to check your email on weekends and non-work hours.

"Working at SoulCycle"

Pros

A lot of learning opportunities within the company and team encourages you to take initiative.
    You meet great people.
    You get to ride SoulCycle classes for free, which is great in the morning or at your lunch break.

Cons

Classes can be really tough.

"Challenging, fulfilling, supportive office environment"

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never a dull moment. Always new projects coming down the pipeline, with opportunities to dive deep into unfamiliar territory and come out with sharpened skills. I'm surrounded by talented, engaged coworkers, always teaching me new things. Some of the guys here play in a band, and we come to their shows in force--very supportive environment.

Compensation is competitive, and depending on what department you're in and how you conduct yourself, there can be flexibility with scheduling. It's definitely a results-oriented environment rather than everyone watching the clock.

Cons

The company is in the process of transitioning from a start-up to an enterprise. There's always growing pains. Also, I wouldn't call it a con exactly, but cultural fit is really important.

"Invaluable Experience."

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time

Pros

The company culture supports and inspires a healthy lifestyle. A major benefit is complimentary classes and it's strongly encouraged to take class! SoulCycle attracts some of the best people and you will meet some of your best friends working here. People care so much- everyone from part-time employees to senior management. There seems to be a constant curiosity around how people are feeling, if we are maintaining culture as we expand, and what we can do to improve. That's rare! Also, with the company expanding rapidly, there are major growth opportunities not just in your title but in how much you will learn.

Cons

It's a growing company which often means people wear a lot of hats and have a heavy workload. It's possible that even some of our interns are doing things that most coordinators would do at other companies. You have to be maleable and up for the challenge of constantly taking on more. If you're up for it, you'll learn so much and the experience will be invaluable.

Advice to Management

Keep evaluating culture constantly.

"Awesome Work Environment with Opportunities for Growth!"

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've never worked in an office where I've like EVERYONE! The people here are smart, kind, funny and it just makes it easier to come to work everyday Mon-Fri! The office culture is great b/c SoulCycle offers tons of development training and wants to make sure that everyone is thriving in their positions. The company cares about your personal growth as well as growth with in your current position.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but things are constantly changing, growing, evolving and you must always be on your toes. We operate with a start up mentality and everyone works super hard b/c they WANT to. The company is expanding all over the US and corporate interacts with the studio teams every day. Interacting with the studios can sometimes mean unconventional work hours if you are in a department that the studios depend on for immediate response.