SoundCloud Employee Reviews about "career growth"
Updated Sep 24, 2021
Found 5 of over 177 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about SoundCloud? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SoundCloud employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Not only are people working in this company really smart, they are also genuinely good people and great to hang out with." (in 25 reviews)
- "The culture is great and the freedom to work from anywhere was cool." (in 15 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance" (in 7 reviews)
- "Perks, Great office, Good vibe, Nice co" (in 6 reviews)
- "Amazing work place, Great team" (in 5 reviews)
- "Management may also overestimate their ability to attract talent, and as such does not care as much as it should about nurturing and retaining talent." (in 9 reviews)
- "If you suck up to senior leadership and abide by their rules then you will succeed here." (in 8 reviews)
- "Terrible track record with middle and upper management." (in 6 reviews)
- "Salaries are low and it does not match up with the demands of the job" (in 5 reviews)
- "pay is lower than comparable companies" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of SoundCloud and is not affected by filters.
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "career growth"Return to all Reviews
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Overall a solid company to work forAug 2, 2022 - Growth Marketing ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- great work life balance and diversity - opportunities to work with many stakeholders - job itself was enjoyable
- underpaid a bit - career growth opportunities were limited
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Great companySep 24, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Openess, team support and great work
There is a limited career growthContinue reading
- Current Contractor★★★★★
Nice companyMay 8, 2023 - Software Engineer in BerlinRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Cutting-Edge Technology, Collaborative Atmosphere, Global Exposure
Competitive Industry, Uncertain Future, Limited Career Growth.
- Current Employee★★★★★
SoundCloudDec 8, 2015 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
smart people, creativity $, mission driven organization, work/life balance
low pay, limited career growth, general growing pains
- Current Employee★★★★★
SolidJul 5, 2015 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Sharp people, many perks, exciting times, good lunches, engaged employees.
Career growth not clear, some bad culture fit in management.