The latest conversations about Tech
I need help in understanding this situation. I recently interviewed with the hiring manager of a company who said she was going to schedule the last phase of the interview as soon as possible but its been one a week and I haven't gotten an email. Should I be concerned, knowing that the timing from the recruiter to getting to the hiring manager was not this long?
Poll waaar!! 👉 Opt1: New Job offer letter with Ford. 170k base salary. Health insurance and 401k included but no match. A bump up position as a senior. No annul bonus, no RSUs. Main difference: Contract (12 months) to hire 👉 Opt2: Current job at Indeed. No promotions at least for 1 year more. 120k base salary. 25k annual RSUs x 4 years. Quarter bonus 15%. Health insurance and 401k match. Main difference: Salary with all the benefits. What would you do?
Got a burning question about SoundCloud? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SoundCloud employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Not only are people working in this company really smart, they are also genuinely good people and great to hang out with." (in 23 reviews)
- "Amazing company and culture to be a part of." (in 12 reviews)
- "great colleagues" (in 8 reviews)
- "Best work/life balance that I had" (in 7 reviews)
- "Fantastic people, lots of perks, events, and great office." (in 6 reviews)
- "Management may also overestimate their ability to attract talent, and as such does not care as much as it should about nurturing and retaining talent." (in 9 reviews)
- "If you suck up to senior leadership and abide by their rules then you will succeed here." (in 8 reviews)
- "Terrible track record with middle and upper management." (in 7 reviews)
- "Salaries are low and it does not match up with the demands of the job" (in 4 reviews)
- "pay is lower than comparable companies" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of SoundCloud and is not affected by filters.
Found 12 of over 189 reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "pay"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jul 2, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Great work culture that emphasizes work-life balance, cultural diversity, and recognition for top performance - The product is awesome and employees are super passionate about it - Engineering has solid technical talent and all the teams have passionate, caring, and intelligent people that act as great co-workers - New management has a clear strategic direction and is extremely transparent
- The 2017 layoffs negatively affected work culture and workspace, but it's rebounded to a normal place again - Salary and compensation is market average, company is willing to pay more for C-level executives than recruiting top, new talent (a strategy I disagree with)3
- 5.0Feb 14, 2013Front End EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBerlin
– atmosphere of trust and transparency – great team of motivated professionals – awesome product – very interesting technological challenges
– not the highest pay considering the qualities expected from the employees7