South Carolina Educational Television Reviews | Glassdoor

South Carolina Educational Television Reviews

4.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I work with the national programming sector."

Current Employee - Marketing in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Columbia, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Educational Television (More than a year)

Pros

The staff is wonderful, and everyone really has a passion for what they do. I love it here!

Cons

There isn't much room to grow/advance in your career here. But if you can get past that, working with SCETV is one of the best opportunities you can have. It really is wonderful.

2. "Great place to start"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Columbia, SC
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Columbia, SC

I worked at South Carolina Educational Television as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

SCETV is a great place to start a career in broadcasting. The hours and pay was reasonable compared to similar positions in the industry. The people who worked there really did seem to care about the work that they produced.

Cons

ETV is limited on resources due to being so closely affiliated with the South Carolina legislator. The office I worked in was remote and was overall a pretty isolating experience. ETV seems to have trouble adapting to the modern media landscape.

Advice to Management

Hire more people who know about modern media trends. Their use of digital media and broadcast schedules and programming reflect management that is out of touch with the future of broadcasting.

3. "Fabulous non profit that makes a difference in SC!"

Current Employee - Member Services in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Member Services in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Educational Television (More than a year)

Pros

Working at the ETV Endowment has been a wonderful experience. We are the fundraising arm for ETV and ETV Radio for SC which play such a huge role in many people's lives in SC. The staff is very educated, professional and some of the most helpful people I have ever known. Great company!

Cons

We are a small office, if that is a con for some.