South Carolina Federal Credit Union Financial Services Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Financial Services Representative

South Carolina Federal Credit Union Financial Services Representative Reviews

Updated Jan 8, 2020

4.9
  1. "An Emphasis on People Helping People"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

South Carolina FCU is a company dedicated to their members, employees, and the community. They offer ample opportunity to volunteer and give back - living up to their "people helping people" motto. Everyone there is dedicated to helping you succeed and offer the best service you can give. There is an emphasis on growth and integrity and I couldn't be happier to work here.

Cons

No cons come to mind!

South Carolina Federal Credit Union2020-01-08

January 13, 2020Human Resources Team

Wonderful feedback! Appreciate you highlighting so many of the wonderful things you love about your credit union career. Thank you!

2. "Service"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Summerville, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall there are great people to work with. They offer decent benefits with awesome pay. The training before going into a financial center is in great detail and very hands on.

Cons

It is really rough on your back and body to stand all day in the financial center. I HAVE to regularly see my chiropractor because of this. You have to continuously ask and remind management to allow you to shadow other departments or look into other opportunities. Can become very discouraging.

South Carolina Federal Credit Union2018-09-05

September 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your employee experience with us. We appreciate you highlighting some of the things you like about the organization and the benefits we provide. As an Employer of Choice organization, we're disappointed to read that you would not recommend working at the credit union to others, but we'd welcome the opportunity to address your concerns. We are sorry to hear that the physical requirements of your role may be causing you any problems. Please speak to your manager or contact Human Resources immediately about this issue so we can help. We're so glad to read that you are eager to grow in your career and that you are seeking out opportunities to shadow and train in other areas. Internal growth is a priority at South Carolina Federal, so we do encourage management to work closely with employees on career pathing and development. We will continue to communicate the importance of this initiative to our managers. We also encourage you to continue to take your career into your own hands by continuing to have career conversations with your managers and by staying in close contact with Corey Pace in our Career Development area. She can assist you and your manager with your career goals. Regarding our sales and service culture, it is true that employees in our financial centers have goals to meet and member service survey scores to attain. We teach employees that selling with integrity begins with a service mentality. Helping our members to become financially successful involves providing exceptional service and introducing them to products and services that they may not even know exist. When employees view this model as a valued service to our members, it’s a win-win for our membership. As you may know, we have an open-door policy. We'd encourage you to reach out to any level of management - to include senior leaders - to discuss your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

Continue reading
  3. "Great People, Great Pay, Great Place"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative

Pros

I love the people who work here, I haven't met many I haven't enjoyed interacting with. Pay and time off are very reasonable and above average what I think most similar financial institutions offer. There are many ways to move up in the company and they like to promote from within. Actively involved with the community and very supportive of their employees. There is plenty of training provided for new employees. There is always something new and exciting happening to keep the workplace fun.

Cons

Pressure to sell products to meet quotas.

South Carolina Federal Credit Union2018-05-17

May 22, 2018Talent Acquisition Representative

Wow. Thank you for such a wonderful review. You pointed out so many great things employees at South Carolina Federal enjoy. We’re so glad you’re loving the environment and the benefits. Regarding our sales culture, it is true there are referral goals to meet in the Financial Service Representative role. However, we do our best to teach our employees that selling with integrity begins with a service mentality. We believe that one of the first steps in helping our members become financially successful is introducing them to products and services that they may not even know exist. When employees view individualized recommendations as a valued service to our members, it’s a win-win for our membership. Thanks again for your employee insights!

4. "Excellent Benefits"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Georgetown, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

401k match is phenomenal. Employee benefits and duscount offers are way above others. We have great flexibility schedule. Open door policy and communication with all upper management is excellent. We care about family, thats why I love that we have members not customers. As a member of SCFCU you are always part of an extended family. I can truly say that I love my job.

Cons

There really any Cons

South Carolina Federal Credit Union2018-02-24

February 26, 2018Talent Acquisition Representative

Another outstanding employee review! Thanks for sharing such great info about our benefits and our culture. We love that you consider your members and coworkers family. We do, too! Definitely one of the things that make credit unions different! Thank you for your continued service and loyalty to the credit union and to your members!

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews