South Carolina Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
South Carolina Federal Credit Union President and CEO Scott Woods
Scott Woods

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Many organizations say that work/life balance is important to them" (in 22 reviews)

• "Truly one of THE best 401K match a company can give" (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons to list at this time" (in 6 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance can be a little challenging when working in a Financial Center" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I'm proud to be a part of such a great company!"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. South Carolina Federal Credit Union always looks for ways to give back to our community. Whether it's through partnering with local non-profits or participating in scholarships, the Credit Union management and employees eagerly jump in to volunteer their time and talents.
    2. Many companies say that they have an "open-door policy," but in reality, they don't. South Carolina Federal is completely different from anything I have ever experienced because the Senior Management team is approachable, encouraging, and involved in helping their team members and the company develop and thrive!
    3. Their competitive wages and benefits are great!
    4. The employee culture is fantastic! I enjoy working with a team made up of people who are passionate about our members, our community, and the credit union mission. We also like to have a lot of fun!

Cons

I don't have any cons!

Advice to Management

Continue to integrate the culture of continuous feedback, approachability, and internal growth and development. Continue to invest in your employees.

Mar 20, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

We're thrilled to see another five star review! Thank you for the positive feedback and for your commitment to serving South Carolina Federal's members.

2. "Financial Support Rep"

Current Employee - Support
    Current Employee - Support

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generous PTO, 401k match, feels like I work with family, like a real team!

Cons

Understaffed, but I do believe it’s being worked on.
    Communication when it comes to growth.

Advice to Management

With our NPS surveys, when concerns or issues are addressed I don’t think it should effect us as individuals or as a financial center if they give us a low number. I think we should take the feedback members are providing as opportunity to show them we care to resolve any issues. Yes, we try to do that as we assist them but some members prefer to vent in a survey rather than in person. I don’t think we should tell them to give us 10s but let members know we hope to receive all 10s and allow them to give us honest answers.

3. "Systems Analyst"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Charleston, SC

Pros

The benefits are absolutely amazing but the environment is what I love most about working here. It’s unlike anything I’ve experienced anywhere else. Team Blue is more like a family than a company.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

Dec 6, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

This is fantastic! Thank you for sharing your employee experience with others. We take culture seriously here, so it's great to hear that you're loving the environment.

4. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Manager in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I absolutely love working at the Credit Union for so many reasons. I’m coming up on a big anniversary next year and am so blessed to be where I am in my career. Not only does South Carolina Federal offer amazing traditional benefits like an unheard of 401k match, a generous paid time off plan, work-life balance, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and much more, they also offer discounts to local businesses and really care about your health, wellness, and development. All that being said, it’s important to me that I connect with my manager and have growth opportunities in my career but also spend as much quality time with my family as possible. At South Carolina Federal, all of that is possible (and more)!

Cons

I have no cons to talk about!

Advice to Management

I listen to family members complain about their organizations and how they’re managed. I left my previous employer a long time ago because of management and a lack of opportunities. You, as managers at the Credit Union, have always made me feel important and valued my learning and growth. THANK YOU! Continue doing just that, you are constantly making a difference!

Dec 4, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

What a wonderful review! It's incredible to read all of the things you love about working at South Carolina Federal. Can't thank you enough for sharing such detailed information about your employee... More

5. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Senior management seeks constructive feedback, very involved in the community, great benefits, promotes from within

Cons

Communication could be improved on

Dec 4, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Awesome! Another five-star review! Thank you for your feedback. We'd love to know more about your concern about communication. Could communication be improved company-wide or within a specific... More

6. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Committed to excellence, employee development, honesty, integrity, wellness, honoring diversity.

Cons

Some employees don’t take advantage of affordable benefit options.

Advice to Management

Your support of employees and continued efforts to provide the best benefits in town is amazing. Thank you!

Dec 4, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

We love all of the wonderful things you highlighted about working at South Carolina Federal! Thank you for taking some time to tell others about working here. As with all employee reviews, yours... More

7. "Culture"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Growth opportunities
    - Benefits
    - Culture

I love that the credit union encourages employees to get involved in the community. There are so many events and volunteer opportunities that employees can attend, both during and after business hours! Plus, we earn personal time off for volunteering.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Nov 15, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

You highlighted some fantastic things about working at South Carolina Federal. As a 'people helping people' organization, we're delighted to see that you appreciate all of the opportunities to... More

8. "Great Benefits, Good People, Lousy Training"

Pros

Generous paid time off, great insurance benefits and 401K

Cons

Training is abysmal. Good luck learning how to do your job.

Advice to Management

Contact center training is awful. We do not know what we are doing! Someone quit today that just completed training because she like the rest of us are not being adequately trained to perform our jobs. This had been escalated previously but nothing is being done about it. Everyone hired in the last few months needs at least another week of training. Is anyone listening?

Nov 28, 2018 – VP of Learning and Development

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you love the paid time off, great insurance benefits, and the 401K plan, but we are sorry to hear the training you received did not meet your... More

9. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Pros

SCFCU has fantastic benefits! From the 401k match, to the gym membership reimbursement, to the very generous amount of Paid Time Off!

Cons

None. I thoroughly enjoy working for SCFCU.

Nov 6, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Can't thank you enough for taking a minute to tell others about your employee experience! We love seeing five-star reviews! Thanks so much!

10. "Best Place to work for a reason"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Working for SCFCU is more than a good job. It is a way of life, spending time with family, helping members and giving back to the community. The benefits are best in the area, and the 401K match is amazing! We also have a very generous PTO policy and a team that specializes in career coaching and helping employees to move ahead.

Cons

None. This is an amazing place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It's obviously working!!

Nov 5, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

What a way to start a Monday! Thanks so much for telling everyone all of the things you love about working at South Carolina Federal. We appreciate your feedback. Have a great week!