South Carolina Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Scott Woods

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Many organizations say that work/life balance is important to them (in 15 reviews)

• Truly one of THE best 401K match a company can give (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There is more work/life balance for the back office department employees versus the financial center employees (in 3 reviews)

• I have no cons to list at this time (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I'm proud to be a part of such a great company!"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. South Carolina Federal Credit Union always looks for ways to give back to our community. Whether it's through partnering with local non-profits or participating in scholarships, the Credit Union management and employees eagerly jump in to volunteer their time and talents.
    2. Many companies say that they have an "open-door policy," but in reality, they don't. South Carolina Federal is completely different from anything I have ever experienced because the Senior Management team is approachable, encouraging, and involved in helping their team members and the company develop and thrive!
    3. Their competitive wages and benefits are great!
    4. The employee culture is fantastic! I enjoy working with a team made up of people who are passionate about our members, our community, and the credit union mission. We also like to have a lot of fun!

Cons

I don't have any cons!

Advice to Management

Continue to integrate the culture of continuous feedback, approachability, and internal growth and development. Continue to invest in your employees.

Mar 20, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

We're thrilled to see another five star review! Thank you for the positive feedback and for your commitment to serving South Carolina Federal's members.

2. "Overall Great Company!"

Current Employee - Team Lead in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Team Lead in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Truly one of THE best 401K match a company can give! I'm not exaggerating! Good paid time off, personal time and wellness time. On-site gym is very convenient (I just need to start using it.) This company also believes in work-life-balance. Tuition reimbursement is available. On occasion, colleges and universities come to us to give info about enrollment. A varied amount of food trucks come weekly and fresh sushi is available every Friday. If you like to volunteer and make a difference in the community, this company offers many, many opportunities to do so. There is also a strong belief on promoting from within.

Cons

Continue to work on improving the medical benefits.

Advice to Management

Thankful you care about our employees!

3. "Wonderful Job with Great Benefits and Work Family"

Current Employee - Service Representative
    Current Employee - Service Representative

Pros

- Very generous benefits package, especially for lower level employees that may not receive such benefits in other companies in comparable positions. The health plan, 401(k), and perhaps my favorite--the Paid Time Off policy are wonderful! The pay is also very competitive.

-Upper management is very open and receptive to feedback. It is very easy to get in touch with virtually anyone in the company and to have an open and honest dialogue with them without any fears. They make every employee feel more like a family member than just an employee.

- The "promote from within" policies allow for you to seek out future job growth and work to advance your career, sometimes at a pace that is much quicker than you may expect!

-Working with both teammates and members builds a feeling of family. On most days, I don't feel as though I'm just going to work--I feel like I'm actually making positive change for our members while strengthening bonds with our diverse and fun team!

-Work/Life balance is very strong, and while front line employees may work slightly longer hours than back office, there is still plenty of time to spend with family in the evenings. Additionally, paid holidays and weekends off are great!

Cons

I have no cons to list at this time! I greatly enjoy working at South Carolina Federal!

Advice to Management

Keep up the positivity with building a diverse and strong staff! As long as we continue on the path that we are on now that focuses on the individual employee, I am certain that the credit union will continue to remain one of the best places to work!

Apr 9, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thanks so much for this thorough review detailing all of the things you love about South Carolina Federal! We appreciate you and your contribution to the organization.

4. "This is the place!"

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

Pros

The culture, atmosphere, and benefits can’t be matched. Business casual clothing with brand wear is great. The Board of Directors and CEO have set the tone of all the great employee benefits and opportunities.

Cons

Occasional work expectation conflicts with other areas.

Advice to Management

Keep the family friendly atmosphere and flexible schedules going.

Apr 9, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Can't thank you enough for your 5-star review! We're so glad you continue to "bleed blue" after 10+ years!

5. "Loss Prevention Employee"

Pros

Great work/life balance, amazing 401k match, highly involved in our community, tuition reimbursement, amazing Wellness opportunity, food truck Thursday, Sushi Friday and a true open door policy.

Cons

Health Insurance is my only complaint, yes it’s a “free HSA” option however having monthly health care needs it’s very pricey.

Apr 4, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank for the 5-star review and for recognizing some of our outstanding benefits. Food truck Thursdays and Sushi Fridays are favorites of ours, too! :) We also appreciate your feedback on the new... More

6. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in North Charleston, SC

Pros

Love working where my performance is valued! Great benefits and wonderful leadership team. I am excited to hear about our plans with performance innovation and how the company embraces diversity!

Cons

I really don’t have a con! I have been working here for 17 years and can’t imagine ever leaving a place where I feel challenged and empowered

Advice to Management

Keep up great work. I love how invested you all are in the success of your employees

Apr 3, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for providing such a kind review of your employee experience. Thanks also for your 17 years of service to employees and members. We are also excited about the direction the credit union... More

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Executive Administrator in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Executive Administrator in North Charleston, SC

Pros

Great 401k plan that matches $1 for $1 up to 10%! Allows employees to contribute towards non-profit organizations and in turn receive jeans weeks! We receive PTO on our anniversary date each year and PTO in lieu of having certain days off, like the day after Thanksgiving. We also receive PTO to go shopping during the holidays! When we want to participate in charity events, the credit union pays our entry fee! The credit union allows employees to contribute to a Foundation (with charities of each employee’s choice), one of which is an Employee Relief Fund that helps fellow employees who encounter devastating or life-changing situations. I could go on and on but would spend all day raving about our credit union!

Cons

Managing the many priority tasks to be done any given day. There doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done and ever feel caught up.

Advice to Management

I don’t have any advice for management, because they follow best practices and are all very attuned to the wants and needs of our employees.

Apr 3, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Can't thank you enough for highlighting so many of the non-traditional benefits South Carolina Federal offers. Work/life balance and giving employees options to give back to the community are... More

8. "Honest & Genuine Employer"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SC Federal is a true champion for their employees. Many organizations say that work/life balance is important to them. SC Federal walks the walk. Extensive career planning efforts mean you can walk in to a career, not just a job. Top-down accessibility of senior management that truly care about the organization. An environment of dedicated, long-time employees. You hear a lot about the core values...and they live them from the top down.

Cons

You cannot be prepared for the culture change you will have when working here if you come from another organization. It is seriously different...in a good way.

Mar 20, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Wow! We love the honest and genuine feedback you provided. We will be sure Senior Management receives a copy of your review. Thank you for "bleeding blue" and for all you do to serve your members.... More

9. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Finance in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Finance in Charleston, SC

Pros

I look forward to work everyday. We are constantly changing and applying new techniques with current market trends which keeps things exciting. Development is strongly encouraged. We even have an educational reimbursement plan for those looking to complete or even add another degree!!

Cons

I’ve been here for 14yrs and I still love my job. I guess you could put down ‘not applicable’ here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "Love where I work!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Representative in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free health insurance option, 10% match on 401k, tuition reimbursement up to $5k per year, onsite gym, comprehensive wellness program, community involvement, advancement opportunities, a career services program to help with career pathing and development, outstanding training programs, exceptional leadership that actually listens to employees and allows them to work on projects they're passionate about, work/life balance, flexible hours, and super generous PTO with opportunities to earn additional time off throughout the year through volunteerism, wellness activities, and our community foundation

Cons

I'm so lucky to wake up each day and feel like I "get to" go to work instead of others who feel like they "have to."

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to and respond your members' and employees' needs, just like you always do.

Mar 6, 2018 – HR Representative

It is wonderful to hear how many things you enjoy here at SC Federal. : ) We too, feel the same way about "getting to" go to work each day. Thank you so much for the outstanding review, and 5+ years... More