South Carolina Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
South Carolina Federal Credit Union President and CEO Scott Woods
Scott Woods

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A work/life balance, the family that is created working here" (in 23 reviews)

• "Truly one of THE best 401K match a company can give" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have no cons to list at this time" (in 6 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance can be a little challenging when working in a Financial Center" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company!!"

Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst in North Charleston, SC

I worked at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere
    Great work life balance
    Management strives to keep training up to date
    All levels of executives work together to benefit the organization
    Teams are supported by management to provide optimal support to members

Cons

No cons to this company

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and support!

Mar 20, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thanks so much for providing thoughts about your employee experience. We'll be sure to share your review with senior management and with the IT area, specifically. Appreciate your feedback!

2. "Promotes growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love that growth is such a big part of employment here. There are so many areas to choose from finding your career path is easy. Our Career Development Leaders are amazing at drilling down to what your interest are and fitting you into a roll that will help you thrive. The training here is way beyond what some of my friends and family have available at their own jobs. My favorite perk right now is the Educational reimbursement provided for those interested in continued education. Life got in the way of me finishing my degree but with this program and the support and guidance I have here I am on my way to getting my bachelors!!

Cons

I don’t have any concerns at this time.

Mar 19, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Fantastic news! Congrats on working towards your Bachelor's degree! Thank you for providing some details about the things you love about working at South Carolina Federal. We're so glad you feel... More

3. "I'm glad I stuck it out"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401k, Co-workers, PTO, Location, food trucks

Cons

Pay, upper management, technology, Branches are mistreated.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, don't intimidate and only seek positive news. Hire whose qualified not whose your friend.

Mar 22, 2019 – Vice President, Retail Sales and Service

Thank you for providing some feedback about your employee experience and for your 5+ years of service to our members. We appreciate you highlighting some of the things you like about the... More

4. "Awesome generous company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of PTO; pleasant work environment, people and office overall; new employee training was very well done; I feel like my job description, after a year, was 100% successfully conveyed at the beginning and throughout this past year. The company also supports lots of training resources to hep me succeed at my job and management is very supportive. Looking forward to many more years at South Carolina Federal :)

Cons

I cannot think of any that affect my day to day experience.

Mar 1, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Representative

What a wonderful review to kick off our Friday! Our management, training, and talent teams will also be thrilled to receive your kind feedback. We're so happy you enjoy your role at the credit... More

5. "Best Place to work!"

Current Employee - Client Services Administrator in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Client Services Administrator in Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

South Carolina Federal Credit Union is truly the best place I have ever worked. They care about their employees and the benefits offered are unmatchable. South Carolina Federal Credit Union gives employees the change to grow and always tries to promote internally whenever possible.

Cons

There are no cons to add.

Feb 19, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Representative

We're only a best place to work because we have the best people working here! Thank you for your positive feedback and for your 8+ years of loyalty and service to our members.

6. "Great Work Environment"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Charleston, SC

I worked at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed working with the people at SC Federal. I enjoyed what the organization represent and how they value their internal and external members.

Cons

Work hours conflicts with real life hours. If you are a full time employee and life changes for you the company does not work well with changes much. Especially if you are in a sales position.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to work with mothers and caregivers by offering reduced full time hours.

Feb 19, 2019 – Vice President, Retail Sales and Service

Thank you for a five-star review and for 10+ years of service to our members. Definitely appreciate you highlighting the people you worked with, as well as how the credit union treats employees and... More

7. "A Great Place to Work!"

Pros

I have worked for South Carolina Federal Credit Union for two years. I am truly impressed with how much this company cares about our community and members. Employees are generous towards many local charities; giving both time and money. There is also an employee relief fund.

It is important to management to train and promote from within. There is a lot of room for growth.

Work/life balance is great. My boss is flexible with schedules and trusts our team to get our job done.

There are many ways to earn extra time-off above above the standard PTO.

This is the best company that I have worked for and I feel blessed to work with so many wonderful people.

Cons

I have no negative feedback

Feb 11, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Representative

This is fantastic! Thank you for the five-star review and for highlighting all the things you love about working here. We appreciate you sharing your employee experience with others!

8. "Just celebrated my 5 year anniversary with my amazing credit union!"

Current Employee - Financial Education Program Development Manager in North Charleston, SC

Pros

Family environment, great benefits, career opportunities, amazing leadership!

Cons

That I did not start working for this credit union sooner!

Advice to Management

Thank you management for always making the employees of SC Federal feel valued!

Mar 20, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Representative

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for the feedback and for bleeding BLUE for 5+ years!

9. "I love coming to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great benefits
    -Generous amounts of paid time off
    -Senior Management has an open door policy and is always available
    -The company works hard to give back to their communities and truly believes in people helping people
    -Career development opportunities

Cons

I really cannot think of any at this time!

Jan 14, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Representative

We can't thank you enough for spending a few minutes to tell others about your employee experience. We're glad it's a positive one! Thanks for bleeding BLUE!

10. "A wonderful organization to work for."

Current Employee - Contact Center Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Contact Center Representative in North Charleston, SC

Pros

A work/life balance, the family that is created working here

Cons

Honestly, I can’t think of any. From day one, I have loved being here and I thought it would wear off after a while, but it hasn’t.

Advice to Management

None that I can think of.

Jan 8, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thanks for being part of the BLUE family and for sharing some of the things you love about your job at South Carolina Federal. We appreciate everything you do to serve your members in the Contact... More