South Carolina Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Scott Woods

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The absolute best culture and benefits"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The paid time off and 401k match are truly unheard of. A very positive environment built on teamwork and great values. I have never worked for a company that stands behind their message so strongly in every decision that is made.

Cons

Upward mobility can be different but it seems they are making large strides in promoting from within. If you are a floater in the branches, travel can be difficult around Charleston

Advice to Management

Branch managers, practice what senior leadership preaches, coach your employees and don't just focus on hitting loan goals. If you have positive and engaged employees you'll hit your numbers

"Best Place to Work!"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

South Carolina Federal is a great place to work! The environment is warm and welcoming, with a family feel. I appreciate the open communication, feedback, and development that is supported by management. And the benefits are bar none!

Cons

This could be tough with so many locations, travel, etc., but it would be great to have an annual meeting or picnic where we can all come together.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the amazing job you're doing! I'm grateful to work for an organization that truly cares about their employees, members, and communities it serves.

Jan 25, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

So awesome! Thanks for another 5-star review! We're sharing your feedback with senior leaders today. Appreciate your continued loyalty to the #CU!

3. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Service and Support Manager in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Service and Support Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits. You feel like you are part of a family here at the Credit Union.

Cons

Staffing can be tight in the financial centers. There is more work/life balance for the back office department employees versus the financial center employees.

Advice to Management

Invest in your tenured/experienced employees versus hiring outside.

Jan 18, 2018 – Vice President, Retail Sales and Service

We love five star reviews! Thank you for sending one our way! Thanks also for the positive feedback on the benefits you receive as an employee. We agree... The CU does function as one big work... More

4. "Financial Service and Support Manager"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SCFCU pours into their talent to continue to promote from within.

Cons

SCFCU has great, innovative ideas that are usually not thought all the way out before rolling out.

Advice to Management

Be more collaborative with member facing management when making decisions.

Jan 11, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

5 STARS!! Awesome! We appreciate your feedback and are excited to continue to offer career development and advancement opportunities to employees in the year ahead. While we aim for innovation in... More

5. "Employee growth"

Pros

South Carolina Federal Credit Union promotes internally, and gives employees access to the resources they need to be successful! Since starting with the Credit Union I have received two promotions, and the tools I needed to be competitive for the positions. The leadership team really encourages growth in the form of additional responsibilities, career coaching sessions, shadowing, etc.

Cons

No cons that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Feb 9, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Congrats on being promoted twice in just three years! That's fantastic! And thank you for giving us another five-star review!

6. "Financial sales representative"

Current Employee - Financial Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Representative in Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pat, Great benefits, Better People

Cons

No cons this company is great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

Jan 9, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We love that you are a happy member of Team Blue!

7. "Amazing Company With Amazing People!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Pros

So many opportunities to learn and grow as a young professional! I was able to learn so much about myself and network in less than two years of working at South Carolina Federal. I have met many talented people working for this company, that have helped me define a career path I am passionate about. I cannot rave enough about the many awesome benefits we have, from Career Services to the generous 401k match... South Carolina Federal has it all. I cannot imagine a better place to work!

Cons

I really cannot think of any cons!

Jan 9, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for such a positive review. We're happy that you've been able to take advantage of some of the best benefits around, and we're excited that you've chosen to network with others to grow in... More

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Great communication from top down. Great atmosphere.

Cons

There are limited locations around the state.

Nov 21, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for your feedback and for your positive review of the organization!

9. "Financial Support Rep"

Current Employee - Financial Support Representative in Summerville, SC
    Current Employee - Financial Support Representative in Summerville, SC

Pros

Work with amazing people, great company, great benefits, upper management all the way to CEO is open door policy! Great work life balance. Onsite training and continuous learning.

Cons

Pay is ok but not what I expected, Goals are not always easy to meet. If location is important, this job isn't for you. You could live in Summerville, but have to travel all the way to James Island, or Downtown. You can put in for transfers but you would have to wait for someone to leave that location and it's not always guaranteed.

Advice to Management

None!, Management is great! Helpful all the time!

Dec 4, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback about your employee experience. We're so happy that you're satisfied with the organization's benefits, learning opportunities, and open-door policy . We... More

10. "Financial Center Manager"

Current Employee - Financial Center Manager
    Current Employee - Financial Center Manager

Pros

Great place to work. Company culture is second to none. Work life balance is strongly encouraged by leadership team. Voted Best Places to Work.

Cons

Insurance benefits is a work in progress. Multiple software programs for job requirements can be tedious at times; however, improvements are being worked through.

Advice to Management

Continue with leading by example.

Feb 14, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for submitting an employee review! We appreciate your feedback and have shared it with senior leadership!