South Carolina Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Woods

1. Featured Review

"Great Company, Great Career, Great Benefits!"

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Outstanding employees all around
    - Great Leadership
    - Benefits
    - Training and development opportunities
    - Career growth
    - Company culture
    - Non-profit that services the community

Cons

The health benefits provide great coverage at a low cost for the employee, but are expensive for family coverage.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the thorough communication to all levels of staff, and the open door policy. Keep up the great work!

2. "Contact Center Service Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SCFCU offers a wonderful work life balance with great hours, holidays off, weekends off and a great Personal Time Off offering. SCFCU is also progressive in hiring from within and promoting based upon performance. Comp and Ben is second to none!!

Cons

I can think of no reason NOT to want to be part of this great organization.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. This is a wonderful place to work!!

3. "Definitely a BEST PLACE TO WORK!"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing & Segmentation in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing & Segmentation in North Charleston, SC

Pros

My interview process was thorough; many phone calls, Skype interviews, travel, etc., however, it was all done over just a few short months. For me, it was an accurate timeline for the position and I was extremely impressed by the quick responses and turnaround time when I had questions. The talent and acquisition team is very bright and friendly. Once I received my offer and accepted the position, everything went very smooth. There is an excellent onboarding process for new employees; meetings with HR, paperwork, getting to know the departments, tour of the facilities, learning about the culture of the company, orientation, etc. I have not worked for an organization, in a very long time, that actually took the time to introduce a new employee. Everyone has been welcoming, kind, supportive and patient. I have not been this happy with my career in a very long time. I love the culture here and the opportunity to grow in the business. South Carolina Federal Credit Union wants to give you the tools to take the next step here and that's what I've been looking for. I'm extremely appreciative for what this organization has already done for me and I'm thrilled to be here.

Cons

I do not have one negative comment to say about this organization.

Advice to Management

I'm grateful to be here and for the welcoming that I received. I would just say to keep up the good work. Continue to bring talented individuals to South Carolina Federal Credit Union and support hard working efforts to grow in the business.

Jun 5, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Representativve

Thanks so much for the encouraging feedback about the culture, your candidate experience, and the onboarding process. We are excited to hear that you are happy with the decision you made to join the ... More

4. "Relationship Financial Sales"

Former Employee - Licensed Relationship Manager in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Licensed Relationship Manager in North Charleston, SC

I worked at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. More than the average PTO and other opportunities to earn paid days off. Medical and dental coverage. Fantastic 401k match.

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility. There tends to be a lot of disconnect between management and front line employees.

May 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for your review and honest feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed some of the exceptional benefits we offer our employees. We are disappointed to hear that you felt you didn’t have ... More

5. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good money compared to local banks

Cons

They definitely don't care about you. You are not a special snow flake to them and areally absolutely disposable.

Advice to Management

Try to keep your employees..I mean just the slightly effort

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good value system, recently voted best place to work in sc

Cons

None I can think of

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Training Specialist in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Training Specialist in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I absolutely LOVE working at South Carolina FCU! It's refreshing to know that you are going to work everyday with some of the best individuals in South Carolina. The benefits are amazing and the work-life balance is even better. I couldn't imagine working another career where you run in to your CEO in the elevator and he knows your name, how long you've been at the company, and a little bit about your family. At South Carolina FCU you are not just a number, you're family!

Cons

I have no downsides to working at South Carolina FCU!

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job, thanks for keeping us constantly informed!

Jul 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Represetative

Thanks for the great review and we’re so glad to hear you love working here! We believe if you are happy at work, you are going to give amazing service to our members. You are the reason South ... More

8. "retired-VP Indirect Lending"

Former Employee - Administer, Branch Manager in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Administer, Branch Manager in North Charleston, SC

I worked at South Carolina Federal Credit Union (More than 10 years)

Pros

employees and members working together to make a member owned business

Cons

long time employees not considered an asset to the credit union

9. "Mortgage Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in North Charleston, SC

Pros

I love SCFCU- I have been with the company for 3 years and it is the best decision I ever made! Great benefits, senior management support, lots of community involvement.

Cons

Wearing blue can be a drag at times. I would like to see more communication amongst departments. I think this would create a more "blue" environment

Advice to Management

Scott Woods and Troy Hall- keep it up!

10. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

I worked at South Carolina Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent support from management. Felt like a member of a team not just an employee. Great work life balance.

Cons

None. Like any job there are bad days, but the overall experience I had was positive and I would certainly recommend working there to anyone interested.

Advice to Management

Foster a more competitive spirit for advancement opportunities. Many positions are decided well in advance making some good employees look outside for growth. That said, the system has worked.