South Chicago Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

South Chicago Marketing Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2019

Found 25 reviews

3.5
  1. "Opportunity and Growth"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at South Chicago Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve been at South Chicago Marketing for a year now. Within this year I’ve learned so much about organizing myself (treating myself as a small business) from home life to work life, planning and growing a business. The focus on personal development from colleagues and management is the rewarding and positive than any other company I’ve been with. You’re not treated like a number but an actual person.

Cons

The hours can be extensive.

South Chicago Marketing2019-03-27

"You are just a sales dog to this company"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at South Chicago Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

They will hire u immediately

Cons

You spend all day in retail stores selling to people who are shopping for food like you see at Sams and Costco

Advice to Management

Tell the truth about the job position and that quotas do matter bottom line

South Chicago Marketing2019-04-15
  3. "Manager/ Corporate Sales Trainer"

Former Employee - Manager in Joliet, IL

I worked at South Chicago Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment, awesome money plenty of mentors to help you succeed best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Your gonna learn to much about yourself there is no cons for me

South Chicago Marketing2018-06-15

"Avoid"

I worked at South Chicago Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. This company is a scam and they need to stop trying to poach people. This should be illegal. Avoid!!!

Cons

This is a pyramid scheme that is for some reason legal.. avoid this place and save your time. They are crooks and this company needs to be shut down! They lie on job postings

Advice to Management

None. You’re going no where in a dead end job that is a glorified pyramid scheme.

South Chicago Marketing2018-04-24
  5. "Work environment"

Former Employee - Corp Trainer in Rockford, IL

I worked at South Chicago Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

SCMG has a wonderful and welcoming work environment. Everyone is energetic and personable.

Cons

I am said that we expanded to leave such a great culture, but I will carry it on.

Advice to Management

work hard= play hard

South Chicago Marketing2018-02-12

February 27, 2018HR Manager

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to write a review with us! We are happy to hear of your great experience with us! Here at SCM we focus on team environment and makes sure everyone feels as part of the team! -HR

"Assistant Director"

Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer/President in Merrillville, IN

I worked at South Chicago Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to be around on a daily basis. The enviroment in this office is unbelievable. On a daily basis the positive reinforcement that you recieve for the owner Joe Pavone is unmatched from my previous employer. For anyone looking to join this company, be prepared to think outside of the box and raise your bar on a daily basis. The reward for your hard work and commitment will certianly pay off. I worked with South...

Cons

I wish that I would have known about this opportunity earlier.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people.

South Chicago Marketing2017-09-06

"Great Opportunity to Grow"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in New Lenox, IL

I worked at South Chicago Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like that I am excited to go into work everyday. Part of why I enjoy going to work is because everyone is positive and supportive, partly because I am always learning something, but also because I am on a pathway to grow in a company. The work is challenging, I don't get results unless I work for them, but there is a lot of experience and support to keep me focused.

Cons

This career path was very different from my previous jobs. It was challenging to learn new skill sets but extremely rewarding. SCM also is very good at holding people accountable- at first I wasn't used to being actively developed and engaged, but with time I have come to prefer it!

Advice to Management

I really like when we organize events outside of work- lets do more! Keep up the good work!

South Chicago Marketing2017-08-10
  8. "Great for Entry Level"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New Lenox, IL

I have been working at South Chicago Marketing for less than a year

Pros

Great Atmosphere and high energy co-workers. Awesome owner and driven personalities.

Cons

Retention rate - if you're the type that loves high energy marketing and sales; you will get burnt out.

South Chicago Marketing2017-07-06

July 6, 2017HR Manager

Thank you for the interest in our company and for writing a review! We take pride in having a team atmosphere and a high-energy work environment, so we are glad to hear that is something you enjoy! Whether we have team nights, BBQ's, or even dinners together, we like to make sure ...

"Great Experience and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager In Training

I have been working at South Chicago Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with the company for the better part of a year now and absolutely love to work here. I don't ever have to worry about not getting a paycheck and literally get to determine what everyone of my paychecks are! Aside from pay the bigger picture is in the opportunity to be in control of your own situation. This company is great for people who are motivated by being their own boss and want a unique working environment...

Cons

These aren't necessarily cons because I enjoy being challenged, however the work environment is very fast paced and ALWAYS changing! This company isn't for someone that needs a routine or pattern that is the same everyday. It's extremely competitive environment and for those that aren't necessarily competitive this could be an area that wouldn't be the most enjoyable.

South Chicago Marketing2017-04-04

April 26, 2017HR Manager

Thanks for the great feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoy working here! Our goal is to be able to provide an environment where employees can actually see their work be contributed to the bigger picture here as well as be rewarded for their hard work.

"Multi level marketing scam, You will be promised tremendous growth and opportunities. LIES"

I worked at South Chicago Marketing

Pros

No pros whatsoever for this comapny

Cons

They promise you an operations management position in 12 months, great training program to be a manager. Everyone starts entry level for a reason here, it is the biggest scam you will be selling direct tv at menards. They lead you on and make it seem like you will make money and grow, although its all a lie and you will get scammed.

Advice to Management

Stop manipulating vulnerable people and recent college grads

South Chicago Marketing2017-05-12

May 13, 2017HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. However, a pyramid scheme is an illegal business practice and we have been open for years. Also, employment is based off of experience and credentials which explains why you were an entry level employee. We also offer employees ...

Found 25 reviews