South Georgia Medical Center "patient care" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

South Georgia Medical Center Employee Reviews about "patient care"

Updated Jun 3, 2019

3.3
South Georgia Medical Center CEO James McGahee (no image)
James McGahee
Pros
  • "The patient care was top notch and everyone knew their stuff when the *** hit the fan(in 3 reviews)

• "Co-workers in department are very easy to work with and we work well together(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management, long hours, call off is census is low(in 4 reviews)

• "CEO's were in and out like through a revolving door(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "patient care"

Return to all Reviews

"Great place to work!!"

Former Employee - R N in Valdosta, GA

I worked at South Georgia Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved SGMC as a new grad RN. I had been an LPN for many years and bridged over to RN. I worked in the ED night weekends and worked with some of the best crew around. We had great teamwork, communication and it felt like family there. I loved we always had pot luck dinners, celebrated birthdays, weddings and other special events as a group. No clicks at all and everyone treated each other fair and like you were... part of the 'gang'. The patient care was top notch and everyone knew their stuff when the *** hit the fan.

Cons

None I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

South Georgia Medical Center2016-08-05
  2. "Previous employee"

I worked at South Georgia Medical Center part-time

Pros

Coworkers were supportive and I enjoyed patient care

Cons

They were transitioning leadership and documentation system

South Georgia Medical Center2019-06-04
  3. "Director of Medical Group Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

I worked at South Georgia Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Passionate nurses, physicians and medical personnel striving for good quality patient care. Staff within the background, billing, collections, denials are truly a major cornerstone of SGMC.

Cons

Upper level management miscommunication, contract employees in high leadership roles. Main hospital and PFS not on same page. Nonsupportive to the main goal. Taking care of the patient and doing what is right and honest.

Advice to Management

Work on creating an environment that your staff feels they can approach and express suggestions or grievenances without feeling like they will retaliated on. Open lines of communication.

South Georgia Medical Center2016-07-25

"Failing!!! Patient care declining, staff morale declining, budget struggling. Not a place anyone would want to work."

Former Employee - clinical and non clinical positions in Valdosta, GA

I worked at South Georgia Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice new water fountain, Nice new heart tower, Nice new admissions entrance, New poorly built parking garage. Surgery center is nice. What about working there???? Hmmmm.... Nothing nice about that!

Cons

TOP REASONS NOT TO WORK AT SGMC! -Heavy-Handed Top-Down Leadership -Fear Driven leadership -Benefits/healthcare coverage less than par -Little consideration for long time hard working employees. -Petty on-the-spot policies to micro manage staff -Under the table behavior modification -Superficial non-relational leaders -Lack of employee rewards based incentives -Promotes Lower staff to patient ratio during low... census and degrades patient care -Overworks clinical and nonclinical staff with no relief or compensation -More concern given to keeping up appearances than quality patient and employee care (Top box % is key not Top employees %) -Top 10 of nations highest priced healthcare costs (Although upper management will state they are the lowest priced in region)

Advice to Management

*Eliminate Heavy top down organizational structure *Build from base of long standing employees. *Build employee relationships instead of creating rules /regulations *Develop strong employee based incentives to boost morale *Improve employee health with better insurance coverage and incentives *Full service On-site health & fitness center *Provide adjustable desks for seated and standing work, ergonomic... workstations and supplies *Develop frequent job rotation for staff retention and prevent burnout *Encourage overall health in your healthcare employees first to set example for community *Offer more training, Georgia work ready, free computer software classes on an as need basis, career advancement for non clinical staff. ***Start empowering lower and middle Staff and you'll build it! ***Continue over empowering upper leadership and you'll end it! "...where there is no vision people perish..." (Some wise prophet)

South Georgia Medical Center2014-04-06

"A Job with decent Benefits an Administration (Hospital wide) that can't manage money well"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech III in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at South Georgia Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Benefits are great, the people are wonderful (with a few grumpy folks). the Pharmacy Administration is very caring and very particular, they will work with you if your kiddos are sick, or if you are sick.

Cons

Pay is horrible, they said they compared us to regional hospitals, however when you have a Bachelor's Degree, Certified and Registered and only get paid 11.00 / hr its pretty ridiculous. Upper level adminitration doesn't know how to handle / manage money. They are constantly building and buying other hospitals.. Which adds to the workload yet no raises or no new people are being hired to take care of new patients..... Patient care / satisfaction is horrible probably because employee moral is bad. Overall this is a great place to work if you like to Kiss Up and Brown nose you will go far.. I always just put my head down and work my tail off to earn my keep.

Advice to Management

Management shows extreme favoritism to some employees.

South Georgia Medical Center2013-08-14