Southeast Kansas Education Service Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Southeast Kansas Education Service Center Reviews

4.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great People/Great Benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Pros

This company offers jobs across SE Kansas in the field of education. It's a wonderful company with amazing pay and benefits!

Cons

Can't think of one. I left only because I was offered a job in a field I was more experienced in.

2. "Best place to work in Southeast Kansas!"

Pros

This place loves kids! They treat their employees and families of employees as their own. If I ever decided to change my career goals, I'd definitely return to Southeast Kansas Education Service Center (AKA Greenbush). All employees from the receptionist to the custodial staff to the educators to the executives to accountants are ready to give a helping hand. I truly loved this place and considered my co-workers as not only friends, but family. Thank you for the experience and memories!

Cons

It is literally in the middle of no where; however, it makes for the perfect view of the night sky through the telescope. The location allows for captivating walks around the wet lands, pond, and/or the prairie. It would have been nice to have a better salary. There were times that I didn't get a lunch, but I left everyday with a satisfaction that I made the difference in the world. I'm sure that there are more cons, but I think that I was blessed to work under a great leader.

Advice to Management

I hope that you continue to support staff and never allow the culture at Greenbush to change.

3. "Great work environment"

Pros

Great work environment, tons of freedom !

Cons

Location is a bit out in the middle of nowhere.

"It is always changing."

I have been working at Southeast Kansas Education Service Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very flexible. You can always take off when needed for family obligations or other reasons. You very rarely get told that you can't take a day if you need to be off. The people you work with are great.

Cons

Some of the newer management that aren't in house don't have the spirit that Greenbush is known for and it can be hard knowing that the values that been instilled in many of us aren't as important as they might have been in the past.