KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Southeastern Grocers

Is this your company?

Southeastern Grocers

Add a Review

Southeastern Grocers Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 26, 2021

Found 16 of over 273 reviews

3.6
Southeastern Grocers President and CEO Anthony Hucker
Anthony Hucker
Pros
  • "Awesome work environment and friendly staff overall(in 11 reviews)

• "good people that care for others(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management does not know how a meat market works(in 12 reviews)

• "At first it was work life balance but they have improved greatly in this area by listening to the associates(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Southeastern Grocers and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Oct 26, 2021 - Temporary Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've only had great experiences with my team; everyone collaborates and helps each other out when we need it! Fun but productive work environment.

Cons

Meeting scheduling can get quite hectic as everyone's pretty busy hopping to and from virtual meetings.

2. 1.0
      Former Temporary Employee, less than 1 year

Work Environment

Aug 30, 2021 - Human Resources Assistance
      Business Outlook

Pros

looking for a first temporary contractor to start work and gain experience SEG good starting place for starting on temporary job .

Cons

1. Put you to work without the proper training 2. Unprofessional team work environment individual bosses putting word on other employee that never been said. 3. Discrimination at work of all gender race, mostly male hate, and highly discrimination on individual workers once has Learning disability. 3. Worker in the company asking personal life information that not job related such a where do you live and how much is rent. what your higher education, what medication do you take. 4. Used many temporary contractor letting them go when no used for the company.

3. 5.0

Manager

May 10, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work environment and friendly staff overall

Cons

Scheduling depending on position can be tough

4. 3.0

It's alright

Jan 13, 2021 - Category Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sometimes got free grocery items. It can be good to get some corporate experience.

Cons

Large work load; a paltry raise after a long time with the company; terrible benefits; toxic work environment. The company seems to be failing, and they have on several occasions suddenly terminated people and asked them to immediately leave that day. Those days were scary because nobody knew what was going on.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

SEG

Sep 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

culture, work environment, people, freedom

Cons

the pay, politics, difficulty to move up

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Coordinator

Jul 1, 2020 - Category Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment and the people there were very nice. Free food as well from stuff they test!

Cons

Roads close to the job are very confusing and sometimes upper management were a bit rude

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Mostly great, but a bad apple leaves a bitter taste.

Jun 16, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in West Pensacola, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have enjoyed my time working at WD. I worked in a few great stores with great, hard-working management teams. I was recognized by the company for my hard work and dedication with promotions and pay increases. I love my job, and that passion helps me provide outstanding customer service.

Cons

I went to a different store, and I have never regretted a career move as much as this one. The good old boy, misogynistic, degrading, hostile work environment at this store is mind-boggling. Staff is threatened with job loss, loss of department hours, screamed at, intimidated, bullied, handed completely unreasonable expectations and then derided for failure to meet these expectations, and is provided little to no support by management.

5 people found this review helpful

Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for sharing some feedback. I'm so sorry for the experience you had at your new store. However, you've given some great information that I can use in my plan to help the managers become more aware of how they are perceived by their associates. Thank you for taking a moment to offer some suggestions. Have a great day!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Values / Growing Culture

May 9, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The open office environment creates a fun, friendly, collaborative work environment. Leadership keeps you involved and updated on how the business is doing with monthly "rallies" where we review different Marketing Promotions and their effectiveness, and we look at other areas of the business, as well. The culture is developing into one that is exciting and engaging. There are many opportunities for growth within the company if you work hard.

Cons

Things can get sticky when you accidentally step on the toes of another department.

Employment Branding Specialist

WOW! Thanks for the wonderful words! We're thrilled that you are so happy with your position at SEG and that you're enjoying the monthly rallies. It's exciting to see how much the company has achieved so far! Keep up the great work and awesome attitude. Thanks for your feedback on cross-departmental collaboration; I agree that we do have room for growth in this area. I'll take this back to my team and use your feedback so we can work on making SEG an even better place to work!

9. 2.0
      Current Employee

Executive Leadership Must Pay Attention

Jan 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary, generous benefits, good (but clueless) executive leadership team. I hope they will try to get it right this time.

Cons

Toxic work environment at middle management level. Not willing to entertain ideas for change. Afraid to admit something is not working. Too many politics and too much back-stabbing. Complaints to HR are Ignored. External job applicants treated much better than internal candidates.

7 people found this review helpful

Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and be transparent. As you know from our values, we're constantly trying to do better and looking for ways to improve. I highly recommend speaking with your HR Business Partner and being as transparent as you are in this review. We value what our associates have to say and we depend on them to shed light on areas of opportunity within the business. Thank you!

10. 5.0

Assistant Category Manager

May 13, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, approachable management, clear hirearchy as far as advancement, fair wages for the job title

Cons

Difficult sales planning team. These folks are very hard to get along with, have conflicting/unclear deadlines that constantly change, and are unfair when it comes to their standards. They lock ads down before deadlines and then complain that things were not done

Employment Branding Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the overall environment of the office and your management. You've given some extremely valuable feedback that I will take back to my team. Again, thank you for your time - we really value our current AND past associate's suggestions. Have a wonderful day!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews