Southeastern University "full time faculty" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Southeastern University Employee Reviews about "full time faculty"

Updated Apr 27, 2016

4.0
Southeastern University President Kent Ingle
Kent Ingle
Pros
  • "Excellent work environment, great company to work for(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 2 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

Reviews about "full time faculty"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A Pentecostal 4-Year Community College"

Adjunct Instructor in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Southeastern University

Pros

Some quality students who are passionate about education, but they are the exception.

Cons

Micromanaging department head; low-quality deans; low-quality students; SEU essentially has open admissions, so quality of student body on the whole is poor; compensation is dreadful, but they expect you to do the work of a full-time faculty member; poor support from department head

Southeastern University2016-04-28

"Adjunct Professor"

Current Intern - Adjunct Professor in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Southeastern University for less than a year

Pros

Kind and caring people. There are a good amount of classes I would love to teach.

Cons

The pay is insanely low. It's about $100 per class per week.They have no space for any adjunct on campus. In addition to no area to work, there isn't even a space for a mailbox. Adjuncts are treated as second class citizens at best (I feel more like a 3rd class citizen). They don't have computers in the classroom, therefore, professors need to carry a computer around with them. Tech support will provide the needed connections for the full-time faculty, but adjuncts have to go buy our own connections to use the projector and/or smart board. Adjuncts also cannot print on campus unless a faculty or staff member will do it for us. We don't get id cards because those come with benefits we are unworthy of.

Advice to Management

Treat your adjuncts well and you will retain them and help your students with a better education experience. There are so many times that I hear people, on campus, talk of God's love, but you are not sharing that with your adjunct faculty.

Southeastern University2015-09-15