SouthernLINC Wireless Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My review"

Current Contractor - TAE in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - TAE in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SouthernLINC Wireless as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Laid back hassle free work environment.Average employee has been with the company 10 plus years. People come to work and stay here.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons. No negatives come to mind. They treat their employees well.I have nothing negative to say. Keep doing what you are doing.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management. The executive members I have met have all been very kind and extremely helpful.They put all the cards on the table and let you know what is expected of you.

"Not my cup of tea"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at SouthernLINC Wireless as a contractor

Pros

I can't offer many positives, It's a nice office. I had a large work space with a nice ergonomic chair. The general office atmosphere is friendly, cooperation. A positive attitude and the pursuit of higher education is encouraged.

Cons

There are guidelines and rules for everything including how temporary or contract employees are managed. A contractor or temp is treated far different than a full-time employee and you will be reminded of this if you step out of line. SouthernLINC only takes three scheduled holidays in a year, the rest are floating days off; expect to be at your desk if you are a contractor or a temp. So if you don't mind being expected to drinking the corporate kool-aid to keep your job and have no personal life then you will be very happy here.

3. "Outstanding place to work!"

Current Employee - Telecommunications Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SouthernLINC Wireless (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. Great atmosphere and co-workers. Plenty of time off and flexible hours.

Cons

Not very many work locations so unless you live close to the hub you will likely have a lengthy commute.

""Good Ole Boy Mentality""

I worked at SouthernLINC Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career Advancement within parent company - Southern Company

Cons

Poor Leadership, Poor Management
    Advancement and Development is political " who you know", "who you kiss up to"
    Employees are held to a higher standard than Management

Advice to Management

Invest in knowledgeable, ethnical, Human Resource professionals
    Evaluate employees based upon performance
    Value and Development Employees

"No potential of growth"

I worked at SouthernLINC Wireless full-time

Pros

It was good. Nothing spectacular. There are some positions to work from home. Good pay only after so many years of service

Cons

There is no way to get promoted. Its pretty much of who you know. It seems that management make up positions for best friends. In order to grow you will need to apply to outside subsidary company such as Southern Company. The employees base decrease every year due to layoffs.