Southwest General Health Center Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst

I worked at Southwest General Health Center (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great employees to work with

Cons

The compensation can be a little low

2. "RN"

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, good pay and benefits

Cons

Uncertain future stability in competitive market

3. "R.N."

Current Employee - R N in Middleburg Heights, OH
    Current Employee - R N in Middleburg Heights, OH

Pros

Working in a community sized hospital makes you feel like part of a family. Co-workers are what get you through the day. My nurse manager is very positive and encouraging making it easy to go to her with concerns. There are always opportunities for advancement if you want them. The hospital has gone through major renovations adding a new bed tower and also remodeling older units. Always nice to work in an updated space. Last but not least, the care provided by nursing staff at Southwest is caring and professional.

Cons

Too many managers. Too many meetings for managers.

Advice to Management

I would challenge anyone in upper management to come down to the front lines, put on scrubs and experience your hospital from our perspective. Ever watch Undercover Boss? Enlightening.

5. "Dietary stock"

Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Middleburg, OH
    Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Middleburg, OH

Pros

Great place to work and excellent benifits

Cons

Poor managment and no room for advancement

Advice to Management

Get new managment

6. "Medical Assistant"

Pros

Easy going, time off was never an issue.

Cons

same as anywhere else with cost cutting

"Management"

Current Employee - RN Peri-op
    Current Employee - RN Peri-op

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, most hardest working people I know

Cons

Unappreciated by management, over worked ,and under paid. Nothing ever is addressed by management, they have no problem leaving on time while everyone drowns. Management are masters at excuses.

Advice to Management

How about staying to help out once in a while...trying to address needs of staff....speak to us individually other than to tell us what we are doing wrong... and maybe a thank you

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

Pros

Small hospital feel with big hospital goals.

Cons

Same as any... cost cutting affects ability to do the job you'd like to be doing.

"Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work ethics,and friendly atmosphere

Cons

Pay and raises a4e not the best. Wish i could make more. All my check goes to my benefits

10. "Senior Accountant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH

I worked at Southwest General Health Center full-time

Pros

Some nice people to work with

Cons

Long hours which aren't necessary due to the department having low technical skills

Advice to Management

Develop a better relationship with IT so you can automate your close. It is 2015 and you still have a 5-7 day close

11. "Love it here! Humbled and proud, working w/outstanding people... but Mngt and HR are beyond EVIL!!!"

Current Employee - Patient Acce in Middleburg, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Acce in Middleburg, OH

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers, nurses and docs in the ER are knowledgeable, well trained and very focused on patient care. Fun, entertaining, caring staff treat each other like family... for better or worse! ER staff is incredibly professional, intelligent and competent with patients but also some of the goofiest, raunchies, thick-skinned, most hillarious gossip queens ive ever met. In an atmoaphere that can be chaotic, overwhelming heartbreaking and crazy-making it's nice to be part of a staff that can find positivity, light and humor throughout the days and nights. People make true friendships and real relationahips that last even after employment ends

Cons

While the staff is exceptional- the management is pathetic. Dept managers: clueless, catty, coward who hides behind a desk all day and has no involvement or communication with staff. Too lazy to make changes to a flawed, outdated system. Ungrateful and unappreciative of hardworking, dedicated employees. Absolute lack of care for patients, visitors and employees. Never acknowledges or praises good work, but thrilled to embarassing people by addressing any negative issues or "errors" (which are usually not actually errors ) in front of coworkers. Lack of understanding regarding actual job duties. Ridiculously, have no standardized training, no dept trainer, no protocol for dept onboarding or education in dept. Manager celebrates gossip, lacks professionalism, partakes in bullying and exerts power over the employees that aren't favored. A complete and total disregard for seniority and the perks that job loyalty SHOULD afford you, such as the extremely unfair scheduling used as a form of punishment. Unfortunately Human resources dept is full of people even more manipulative, conniving and miserable than mngt. ALWAYS making payroll errors: shorting pay, wrong deductions and not paying out vacation or PtO hours. Mngt is nasty and helpless but the true snakes are the monsters qho work in the hr dept.

Advice to Management

Why waste my breath? If they actually did communicate or listen to staff for once they would just be twist our words and threaten to use them against me in the future!