Sovereign Global Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

Sovereign Global Advisors Reviews

Updated 6 Nov 2019

4.8
  1. "The reviews are true"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Sovereign Global Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really care about their reps and it shows. I've been to quite a few IBD's and this group is simply just amazing. They will actually stay late and do whatever they have to in order to get something done if they know its important to you. They are smart and they are kind, two of my favorite qualities in humans, and they are on my team now and I couldn't be happier.

Cons

Not easy to get in. They just don't hire small reps. Philosophy is quality over quantity. So if you get in, its an accomplishment.

Advice to Management

John Dragotta, thank you for this opportunity and for making all of us feel that we are a part of something amazing! P.S. I overheard one of the girls in the office say, "it's like talking to God" when it comes to getting advice from him!

Sovereign Global Advisors2019-07-24
  2. "Working from home"

Former Employee - Market Research in New York, NY

I worked at Sovereign Global Advisors part-time for less than a year

Pros

pay is based on the amount of research you do. Easy work environment

Cons

Not much room for growth. Not much advising or managerial oversight.

Sovereign Global Advisors2019-11-07
  3. ""Recently Transitioned and Was Best Decision I Ever Made""

Current Employee - Wealth Advisor in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Sovereign Global Advisors full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees at Sovereign are dedicated staff that made my transition seamless! They went above and beyond to make everything go smoothly. Great people to work with and CEO is truly a visionary, and more importantly just a great guy!! He is exactly what all CEO's should strive to be.

Cons

There are no negatives here

Sovereign Global Advisors2019-05-21
  4. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Melville, NY

I have been working at Sovereign Global Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Very professional atmosphere that also provides a warm, family-friendly culture. -My co-workers are very knowledgeable, which makes working in a team enjoyable and very efficient. -The personalities here work well together, if someone needs help or finds they don't have an answer they need for something they reach out to someone who does and work together to finish that project.

Cons

-Lack of public transportation getting to the corporate office.

Sovereign Global Advisors2018-06-01
  5. "Independent Broker"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Great Neck, NY

I have been working at Sovereign Global Advisors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent back office support which made my transition seamless. Everything that was promised during our negotiation has been delivered and the people at headquarters are amazing with everything that they have helped me with.

Cons

I have no negative comments to report

Sovereign Global Advisors2018-03-05
  6. "Representative"

Current Employee - Stockbroker in Oakdale, NY

I have been working at Sovereign Global Advisors full-time for less than a year

Pros

The knowledge and the help from the staff is on point. Making a transition over to SGA has not only been the best choice, it’s been seamless and pleasurable. I’ve had a career spanning two decades and I’ve never been treated with this much care and attention to my business needs. Very excited about my future with SGA, and Mr. Dragotta. Hard pressed to find people like this.

Cons

None, it’s been as good as it gets

Advice to Management

No advice needed at this time.

Sovereign Global Advisors2018-01-05
  7. "New independent rep for 2 months now."

Current Employee - Registered Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Sovereign Global Advisors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Like no firm I’ve ever dealt with. CEO is obsessed and he’ll tell you like it is. Real visionary. I’ll admit I was totally scared of the transition but I was promised that it would go smooth and they really delivered. They actually care and it shows. From effective communication with me and my clients to some of them actually staying late making sure things were done correctly for me. The whole transition actually... went crazy quick, much, much faster than I had thought and so much smoother than I ever could of imagined. I’m still actually a bit shocked. Their real Pros and it shows in their work. I really appreciated everything they did for me. If you have a large book of business like me and want pros handling your transition...this is the place.

Cons

None.... well maybe Dragotta is too honest but it makes you see some things differently and I can see how it can help my business. Almost like a business coach! Hurts to hear the truth sometimes but it’s what we need when striving to be better. Other than that he’s all love and support! Hahaa

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Sovereign Global Advisors2018-01-05
  8. "Knowledgeable and Professional"

Current Employee - Data Collection in Melville, NY

I have been working at Sovereign Global Advisors part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Professional Management -Collaborative -Good working environment - Value of Integrity -Experienced employees

Cons

-Not as diverse -Far commute

Sovereign Global Advisors2017-12-05
  9. "Excellence"

Current Employee - Rep in New York, NY

I have been working at Sovereign Global Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

The freedom to manage your client relationships as you see fit. Remarkable trading platform, plus multiple strategies.

Cons

None, it is an ideal environment

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work JD

Sovereign Global Advisors2017-11-15
  10. "Review for Sovereign Global Advisor"

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Sovereign Global Advisors for less than a year

Pros

I was working under supervision of the company's CEO, Mr. Dragotta. He is definitely one of the nicest boss I have met. He is also very helpful with such great vision. He always encourages me to "find more information" in my financial analysis. Through out the whole intern experience, I have learned a lot about the stock market and also the macro economy. Thanks to Mr. Dragotta, I am able to understand different... investing philosophy; he also shows me which books that I should read to improve my financial knowledge. Overall, I think my experience as an intern at Sovereign Global Advisors was exceptional. I really appreciate what I have learned there.

Cons

The only problem is that the company is not in New York city anymore. They moved their office to Long Island.

Sovereign Global Advisors2015-09-14