Sovereign Lending Group Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2021

4.5
Sovereign Lending Group Principals Joe Pirro and Dan Holtz
Joe Pirro and Dan Holtz
Pros
  • "Sovereign lending Group (SLG) will mold you into the loan officer (LO) robot they desire(in 6 reviews)

• "Experienced loan officers know better than to work here(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The long hours can get draining at times and there is some favoritism among some of the Loan officers(in 7 reviews)

• "This company does not care about their loan officers(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sovereign Lending Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance, excellent leads, best in class processing and the lowest rates around! I've been in the business for 20 years and Sovereign Lending Group offers an excellent platform for success and knowledgeable, ethical leadership.

Cons

I do not have any cons

November 4, 2020Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the positive review. We pride ourselves on providing a great work/life balance for all of our employees!

2. "Tech 1 - The Path to Success - Jeremiah"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Sovereign Lending Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sovereign Lending Group is full of experienced, driven, and inspiring leaders of the mortgage industry. They have a wide variety of products and the ability to compete for and win business nationwide! Speed, efficiency, and consistency are what you can expect when taking your borrowers through the process. Their Tech 1 training program is GOLD. Companies that focus as much as SLG on training and development of new employees is RARE. I commend this company and feel immense gratitude for this opportunity from punch in to punch out. They invest in your NMLS test, state licensing, and incubation training program to help you start and spread your wings!! Covid era has been difficult, but learning remotely and having patient and thorough industry leading trainers balances out any doubt of success. Hands down amazing company with incredible opportunity for both seasoned loan officers and inexperienced hospitality/service/sales focused individuals!

Cons

Learning remote - need to be computer savvy.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Sovereign Lending Group full-time

Pros

No micro management. Great pay and amazing culture.

Cons

There are really no cons!

4. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sovereign Lending Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have nothing but great things to say about Sovereign Lending. Since day one I knew I made the right decision to come on board. They really care about their employees and want what is best for everyone. They believe in work/life balance which is rare in our industry. The Management team is amazing and is always there for you when needed.

Cons

I have no cons at all. Love this company

5. "Excellent Place To start a career in mortgages!"

Current Employee - Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator

I have been working at Sovereign Lending Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the work atmosphere. My manager really helped me and the pay is excellent

Cons

none that i can think of right now

6. "Great opportunity for people who want to get into the mortgage industry with no experience!"

Current Employee - Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Sovereign Lending Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Tech1 Program that Sovereign offers is PHENOMENAL for people like me who wanted to explore the industry with no experience. The first two weeks are dedicated to studying and passing the NMLS test. They pay you hourly, and pay for your test as well. After passing the test, I got 15 state licenses. They paid for all of the state education as well as the licenses. Just an absolutely BLESSING for people with no experience. Thank you Sovereign for investing in potential!

Cons

No free lunches (sorry, my last place of work spoiled me haha) All jokes aside, there is not too many cons compared to the pros. The job is challenging, and your first two funded loans are 0bps. What I really appreciate is that everything is told to you up front There are no surprises. Just don't expect to be making 6 figures right off the bat. Give yourself some honest expectations and work hard. Sovereign will provide everything else you need.

7. "Company that cares"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Sovereign Lending Group full-time

Pros

Amazing work culture. Work hard, and get rewarded. The sales manager Jefferson will guide you with everything you need to succeed.

Cons

Long hours, but the payoff is worth it!

January 11, 2021Digital Marketing Specialist

We take pride in the way that we care for our employees. Thank you for the review!

8. "Phenomenal place to work"

Current Employee - MORTGAGE FUNDER in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Sovereign Lending Group full-time

Pros

Integrity, Great Opportunities for advance, Exceptional Training and the Manager's and Team Leads are awesome people to work with.

Cons

No Cons, I have a Company to Retire from now, I am so grateful and proud to be part of the team.

9. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Recruiting

I have been working at Sovereign Lending Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

room for growth, dedicated employees

Cons

communication between departments not always ideal

January 8, 2021Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. Remote work has challenged us and we are getting better at communication every day!

10. "Great Team and Culture"

I have been working at Sovereign Lending Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team members and culture!

Cons

Nothing but great things to say!

December 23, 2020Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review! We pride ourselves on our culture and how we treat one another.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 English Reviews