KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 165 of over 166 reviews

3.9
Sovereign Lending Group Principals Joe Pirro and Dan Holtz
Joe Pirro and Dan Holtz
Pros
  • "they encourage a healthy work/life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "I have nothing but great things to say about Sovereign Lending(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, but the payoff is worth it(in 12 reviews)

• "The job is challenging, and your first two funded loans are 0bps(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

88 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sovereign Lending Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Great Synergy

Dec 29, 2021 - Loan Processor in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with career interest in mind.

Cons

Grew too fast without a proper game plan

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place

Dec 7, 2021 - Mortgage Post Closer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Manager was always understanding and was very helpful and easy to work under.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the company.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

GREAT PEOPLE - OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH!

Dec 3, 2021 - Market Contact Agent in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome people opportunity to grow

Cons

Some Strict Policies to follow including their covid policies where if you are sick or have allergies or anything out of the ordinary, you can't return to work until 72 hours of no symptoms. Also strict mask policy for non vaccinated but vaccinated people walk around freely

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work load

Dec 3, 2021 - Lock Desk Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home assignment was helpful

Cons

Work load, needed more team members.

5. 3.0

It's ok

Nov 10, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great program to help people with no mortgage experience become MLO's, also friendly co workers

Cons

Environment is sink or swim,, unless you get put with a manager that cares to give you the extra time needed, which is all by chance, and upper management is disconnected with key issues within the company and is why there is such high turnover within it

6. 5.0

Not for the weak

Sep 28, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tech 1 training. They help you pass the nmls exams and provide all the education and training. Expect long hours. This is all about the hustle. Theres great sales manager that can teach you everything about selling.

Cons

You get what you put in. Your passion should be sales. If its not, then this is not the right fit

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

SLG gave me the tools to learn, grow, and be successful!

Sep 17, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best things I can say about my year working at SLG is the hands on training I received. I was new to the industry and they helped me pass my NMLS test, prepared me for the industry and both its challenges as well as its truly unlimited earning potential! From my sales manager Steve all the way up to the owners Dan & Joe, any question I had I could approach them. I hear them say their doors were open when I first got hired and thought it was a nice thing said but then I actually experienced it during my year of working here! My final pro is the way they believed in me and were willing to teach me and accommodate little mistakes I made on loans rather than scolding me and causing a loan to fall through. They always served their customers needs along with their employees.

Cons

The only cons are more that sales in general is not hand out industry with commissions set in your lap. There were some employees that would complain but it was more about knowing that sales is tough but if you have grit, learn the basics of the system you use, and have a heart for caring for people you can truly succeed in this company and the industry in general

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Productive and busy at the best of times

Sep 15, 2021 - Mortgage Junior Underwriter in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote available, free DashPass, supportive management

Cons

Job security, slow days if no work

9. 4.0

Okay

Jul 16, 2021 - Licensed Loan Originator
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management and training team were good

Cons

The company didn’t prioritize aiding the new hires and only focused on the vets

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company Culture

Jul 12, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-work with great people/managers -friendly & competitive -clear expectations -benefits are good -TECH1 training program -they encourage a healthy work/life balance

Cons

Training is tough, but this is because I had zero mortgage or sales experience. I have never even purchased a home before.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 165 Reviews

Sovereign Lending Group Reviews FAQs

Sovereign Lending Group has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 166 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Sovereign Lending Group to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sovereign Lending Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sovereign Lending Group. This rating has decreased by -14% over the last 12 months.

69% of Sovereign Lending Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sovereign Lending Group 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sovereign Lending Group to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with Sovereign Lending Group Job Seekers