Cover image for Sovereign Lending Group

Finance

2m

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

12 Comments

Finance

135K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Sovereign Lending Group~722610
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Sovereign Lending Group? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sovereign Lending Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "1. Company culture is amazing!(in 10 reviews)
  • "Management always makes us feel appreciated with food and fun activities (like bbqs, team bonding events outside work)(in 9 reviews)
  • "They have a great training program for their new to the industry mortgage loan officers.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and for.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance for a mortgage company.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sovereign Lending Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great funding department

Oct 11, 2022 - MORTGAGE FUNDER in Westminster, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from manager and team members

Cons

When there are new changes in policies/rules/regulations, it should be made aware to all team members.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It is ok

Dec 27, 2022 - Mortgage Banker (MLO) in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Help you get your MLO license to start in the industry

Cons

After you're licensed, training is almost none xistent and your support depends on the manager you get

3. 2.0

employee appreciation

Dec 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quick onboarding and training process

Cons

I received a great performance review. I asked if I could get a raise for my great performance. It took them 4 months to tell me no.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Complete joke

Dec 27, 2022 - Anonymous-Former Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros are you get to dress casual.

Cons

Almost everything Ownership doesn’t care at all they walk around bragging about the house they have and cars they have. They micromanage everyone and don’t allow a day off but take 2 weeks vacations during a hard market. Then have a rally to blind the employees. Last rally you can see how miserable everyone is on their post they sent. They pull agents and MLO’s and read over the scripts then think they did something! That’s not training and it undermines management.

Sovereign Lending Group Response

I am sorry you did not see the same value as others would and did not find SLG the right for you. Most would find training from the Owners of their company extremely valuable, especially from owners that have been in business for over 17 years. I can say with certainty that SLG is known for not micromanaging their employees and one of the biggest compliments we received when hiring from competitors. We have plenty of people taking their earned vacation time, I myself was on vacation the day this review was written. Neither Joe nor Dan are known to brag, in fact, Dan drives an old car from 2013 and I think that shows this not to be true. We appreciate you leaving a review, but we feel you have a subjective view of SLG. We wish you luck in your search.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Try calling center and see if you like sales

Nov 16, 2022 - Market Contact Agent in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will know right away if you like sals

Cons

You are almost timed on the phone, during breaks, and when you are in or out of training

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

tough industry

Nov 18, 2022 - Sales in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice people and good environment

Cons

tough industry so everyone is suffering

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Inside Sales LO

Oct 14, 2022 - Mortgage Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company provides generated leads daily

Cons

More related to the industry just a tough time but good people here

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A lot of lies

Sep 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a lot of competitions, but its hard to make it to the top. The building looks cool.

Cons

A lot of promises, and never come through. They keep you hanging when they say they will promote you. They play favorites, and it's clear who they like and don't like. Not a good work environment. Management does not take time to train. If you ask for help, they act as if it's a burden.

9. 4.0

A lot of pros and cons

Sep 6, 2022 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay structure is nice if you are funding a lot of loans because you get paid on a tier system. I liked management and learned a lot. This company does a great job at teaching new LOs

Cons

High turnover, if you do not produce you will be let go - but that's true with most sales jobs. One thing I did not like was that guidelines were constantly changing and people stealing loans was bad for company culture.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing and fun, make so much money

Jul 28, 2022 - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Costa Mesa, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard work pays. Best company best people, make money get it!

Cons

If you cant dial you should practice and just do it

Viewing 1 - 10 of 189 Reviews

Sovereign Lending Group Reviews FAQs

Sovereign Lending Group has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 191 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Sovereign Lending Group to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sovereign Lending Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sovereign Lending Group. This rating has decreased by -14% over the last 12 months.

61% of Sovereign Lending Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sovereign Lending Group 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sovereign Lending Group to be culture, management, career development and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with Sovereign Lending Group Job Seekers