Spa Sydell Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Various"

Former Employee - Various in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Various in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Spa Sydell (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great clients! Work as a team!
    Flexible schedules, discount on services and products!

Cons

Nights and weekends, but that's when you make your money!! Nights aren't too late and weekends are busy!!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing!

2. "manicurist"

Former Employee - Manicurist in Buckhead, GA
    Former Employee - Manicurist in Buckhead, GA

I worked at Spa Sydell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great tips, nice co-workers, flexible schedule

Cons

tips came up missing sometimes

"What a joke this place is!"

Former Employee - Esthetician in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Esthetician in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Spa Sydell (Less than a year)

Pros

Good parking, flexible hours, I did like my manager.

Cons

Well, Spa Sydell just filed for bankruptcy again. That means bouncing paychecks, no product to sell, no product to do services. Products are kept in tiny little jars for single use and when they're emptied they all get thrown in a bowl of water to be "cleaned" then returned to corporate to be re-filled. Disgusting! Sanitation doesn't seem like a high priority and the rooms are quite dated, with rusted, malfunctioning equipment, mold, yuck! Services offered are behind the curve, this place probably won't be around much longer.

Advice to Management

Good luck!

4. "Massage Therapist"

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Conyers, GA
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Conyers, GA

I worked at Spa Sydell part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was always clean and fresh whenever i came to work. I always paid on time

Cons

Staff understand the importance of ethics, nor how to prevent cross contamination.

Advice to Management

Find better management that knows and understands the laws that massage therapist must abide by.

"Corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Spa Sydell part-time

Pros

A job to put on your resume

Cons

Not getting paid my bills are behind

Advice to Management

Close because it's only a domino effect of how you have treated others because everyone at corporate are looking for jobs as well even your brother Rick, so does that mean it's the spa directors fault that he's trying to leave to nope he works with Reina.

"Worst business in America, FAKE CORPORATE EMLOYEES, DIRECTORS & REVIEW"

I worked at Spa Sydell full-time

Pros

They offer massages and facials.

Cons

TERRIBLE business. Worst business I've ever worked for. Late paychecks that show in the bank that they will likely NOT be paid. Horrible management....new management is hired every few months for different locations. They sell products with terrible ingredients that should never be applied to the skin. Management encourages front desk to ask customers to tip their techs......the techs getting paid is all they care about. About a third of corporate is related to the CEO.....they steal money from their employees. Spa Sydell has filed bankrupt as well. The computer systems shut down every month, I believe on purpose, so that employees can't clock in. When that happens they make employees write down the time they arrived on paper and I think that's when corporate has their chance to steal money from their employees by not paying them correctly. The CEO REINA BERMUDEZ and HER FAMILY all work at corporate and they STEAL MONEY FROM HARD WORKING EMPLOYEES. Directors get paid before the rest of the employees do!!! They also changed bi-weekly payments to weekly without informing employees. Paychecks are always SHORT or BOUNCE. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work here.....not even a homeless person because they WILL be taken ADVANTAGE OF!!!!

Advice to Management

Get a college DEGREE in business and business management! Also, Reina it's unprofessional to hire all of your family to work in your corporate office. Don't be the CEO of a business if you have no idea how to run one, nor can you provide your employees with important info.

"Avoid this place at all cost unless you just need a job and there is no other alternative"

Former Employee - SPA Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - SPA Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Spa Sydell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Again Please avoid this place unless you are in desperate need of a job and there is just nowhere else you can go!!!!!!

Cons

The company is very unorganized and do things at the last minute. The company is very political and a third of the staff is family with the CEO. The company continues to attempt to open locations when they can barley keep the locations they have open. The company is not financially stable as I was turned away at their bank with my payroll check for insufficient funds. They are behind in technology as they do not offer direct deposit or updated software. They bank with a financial institution that is only open Monday through Friday from 8 to 5 so if your payday falls on a Saturday you have to wait until Monday to get paid!!!! The locations are in need of major work as they look good upon first glance but upon close inspection the place is falling apart. The linens and massage rooms are disgusting to be a so called upscale spa.

Advice to Management

When you are new you are golden.Once you speak up or voice your opinion you get tossed to the side and are now a problem. You cannot trust anyone at the corporate office as they are all out for themselves. There is no sense of urgency to handle employee issues.

"Key holder"

Former Employee - Key-holder in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Key-holder in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at Spa Sydell (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount on spa services, commission and incentives.

Cons

Completely unprofessional, owner does not care about her employees. Late checks, different management every month, and mold in the buildings.

Advice to Management

Stop using the Spa Sydell name if your not going to live up to it! Take care of your employees and the buildings !

"Worst company in America, I was a Guest Service Manager"

Former Employee - Guest Service Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Spa Sydell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you need a paycheck and have no other options, this is the place for you. They will try to work with your schedule and give you the hours you need. If the day is slow, they'll let you go home early. You get 1 star because I did manage to sell almost $15,000 for the entire month of Mother's Day...so that was a plus.

Cons

The business is going down and they know it. Pay is very low for the work they want out of you. Computer systems and phones are outdated and they also don't offer direct deposit because they are bankrupt. Terrible management. Estheticians and massage therapists are considered "independent contractors", but are lazy and never want to work the hours they're supposed to. They also expect front desk to call their clients and make appointments when that is their job to follow up with their own clients. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT, CEO, CALL CENTER AND CORPORATE. THIS IS THE WORST BUSINESS IN AMERICA!! Also, several employees checks have bounced... Mine hasn't yet...but no wonder why Spa Sydell is OK with their employees coming to work late everyday. People there are wayyyy better companies with better reputations to work for than Spa Sydell. I hate this company & regret my experience working for them the short 4 months that I did. I wasted time driving 35 min out of my way for a salary I was promised but never received. Middle finger up to this company🖕 DO NOT WORK AT SPA SYDELL.

Advice to Management

CLOSE YOUR BUSINESS... REMODEL AND RETRAIN YOUR STAFF AND MAYBE YOU'LL HAVE BETTER LUCK HOLDING ONTO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND MONEY TO AFFORD TO PAY THEM! If not, at least quit your job and go to school, cause clearly management isn't your cup of tea.

10. "Spa Sydell Employee"

Current Employee - Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Spa Sydell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working at Spa Sydell. There are so many opportunities for growth and learning the next position is always encouraged. There is training available for everyone and every position, from front desk to Directors to massage therapists to estheticians.

Working in the wellness industry, we truly help improve lives. I love to see how people fall in love with our services and staff, and loving the services myself, I see how easy that is!

Cons

Holidays are so busy, most of us are needed to work. The phones ring off the hook and tons of customers are walking in to buy gift certificates, but we work hard and love to take care of our clients!

Advice to Management

I am excited about the Alabama location opening, I think you should look to branch out in big cities like New York and LA