Space Dynamics Laboratory "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Space Dynamics Laboratory Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Aug 8, 2019

Found 63 reviews

4.6
Niel Holt
Pros
  • "At SDL you get to choose your schedule so long as it fits with your project(in 8 reviews)

• "Flexible work environment and a ver positive culture(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The town of Logan Utah where sdl is based is extremely monocultural(in 5 reviews)

• "Small company with limited mobility(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Marketing/Communications Student"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Intern in Logan, UT

I have been working at Space Dynamics Laboratory part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, cool projects, flexible student schedule, and making a difference.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about. I love it here.

Space Dynamics Laboratory2018-06-01
  2. "Stallar Place to Make a Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

I have been working at Space Dynamics Laboratory full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Wonderful employer with interesting, meaningful projects to work on. Flexible work environment and a ver positive culture.

Cons

Keeping pace with challenging customers and projects can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep on rocking it!

Space Dynamics Laboratory2017-06-23
  3. "Great place to work as a student"

Current Employee - Student Web Developer in Logan, UT

I have been working at Space Dynamics Laboratory part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, great work experience while you are in school, they encourage you to make school your first priority when necessary, overall great work environment and excellent team of employees and managers.

Cons

Very slow hiring process. Don't expect to hear back quickly after sending in your application and resume. It took over a month for me to be contacted for an interview and another month for me to receive a job offer after my interview.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. SDL is a great place to work.

Space Dynamics Laboratory2017-06-11
  4. "Incredible Opportunity For Students"

I have been working at Space Dynamics Laboratory part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and professional work environment. Opportunity to learn and gain a broader perspective of the industry is highly encouraged. Depending on what your position is, there is a great chance of moving into higher positions throughout the company. Logan is a great place to live, work, and raise a family.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily say there are any cons, but every company can improve. Overall SDL is a great place to work!

Space Dynamics Laboratory2016-11-08
  5. "Director, Civil Space Division"

Former Employee - Director in Logan, UT

I worked at Space Dynamics Laboratory for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent professional work environment with very good benefits and great people to work with.

Cons

Government contracts mostly which are a little uncertain from time to time. This means that every 6 to 9 months you may be wondering what you are doing. However, it has worked this way for the entire 60+ year history of the lab.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The environment and people are great. Very tight and cohesive group of people working at the lab.

Space Dynamics Laboratory2016-06-24

"Space Dynamics Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Logan, UT

I have been working at Space Dynamics Laboratory full-time for more than a year

Pros

They play to your strengths. They fight to keep you working for them, and will do what they can to make your work environment meet your needs. The benefits are amazing since SDL is affiliated both with USU as a research foundation and the government.

Cons

Most of the projects require government clearance so you have to qualify for that and then go through the motions to get it. It can be unnerving working for government contracted work, and sometimes the rigid, bureaucratic nature of the environment can stifle work productivity. Compensation isn't the greatest.

Advice to Management

Management hasn't been as involved in my work experience as I might have liked, and therefore engineer and program managers were on different pages many times. It isn't easy when projects dominate your time, but make sure to never be more than a week un-involved in a project?

Space Dynamics Laboratory2015-07-15
  7. "Great experience a student employee. Exposure to the real engineering world very helpful!"

Current Employee - Student Engineer in Logan, UT

I have been working at Space Dynamics Laboratory part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work environment with friendly and open management. Relaxed atmosphere with chances to be exposed to various aspects of engineering. Understanding management that has the best interest of each employee at heart. Contracts with and exposure to a variety of aerospace engineering companies.

Cons

I have no bad experience to share.

Space Dynamics Laboratory2013-02-20