Space Systems/Loral R&D Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

John Celli
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Cost of Living is High, Traffic Congestion, Uncertainty of Contract Lengths (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management out of touch with workforce (in 23 reviews)

"Senior R&D Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Space Systems/Loral full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mostly great people to work with, moderately flexible work schedules, stable employment.

Cons

Loss of confidence in management direction, reduction of benefits to improve company profitability, morale is stagnant, minimal project team comradery, workload expectation and round-the-clock availability requirement is high vs the increasing gap between the cost of living and compensation.

Advice to Management

Multiple reorganizations have created unnecessary reporting chains. Cut out the middle men and reduce micro-management at various levels. Instill increasing trust in the workforce and offer meaningful praise when objectives are met, on a more consistent and continual basis.

2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Space Systems/Loral is a great company to work for. There are plenty of things to learn and every senior engineer I have worked with so far was willing to help me. The managers have all been great.

Cons

Since I am new to the company, I will get to this when I have more time and experience under my belt.

Advice to Management

So far the management has done a great job. I would suggest an anonymous way to submit feedback to give the employees and opportunity for submitting suggestions.