Spark Talent Acquisition Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

4.3
Spark Talent Acquisition Founder/President Aaron Opalewski (no image)
Aaron Opalewski
  1. "Lives out core values"

Purchasing Manager in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Spark Talent Acquisition

Pros

Gives high recognition to team members. Many opportunities to grow both professionally and individually.

Cons

Fast pace of change with quick growth

2. "Ask about turn over! If some thing seem way too good to be true they are! No personal life at all."

Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Spark Talent Acquisition full-time for more than a year

Pros

I did learn a lot in the manufacturing industry.

Cons

Great place to learn while still in school or right out of school. I wouldn’t recommend this role for anyone who wanted a family or personal life. The realization of how toxic the environment there is doesn’t hit you until long after you leave. Unrealistic goals are set where they don’t provide you with continued education in the field. They need to change with the times and keep up with their competitors. The turn over rate is extremely high, family members are given different rules than other employees. Working in a professional company in a recruitment role and utilizing other staffing agencies has made me see how unprofessional this company really was. “Room for growth” promises are empty, its a fear endured environment. People are only there because they are complacent. The owner will trying to hook you with lines of becoming a millionaire etc. There are two people there who make amazing money and grew there the VP, and a family member account manager/sales/recruiter who is known for lying and cheating the system. The extremely aggressive emails and way we where treated daily makes me sick.

3. "Core Values Matter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Spark Talent Acquisition full-time for less than a year

Pros

How hard working and motivating each and every employee is inside and outside of the office

Cons

It can be a 24/7 availability job. You have to be willing to put the time in to truly succeed here.

4. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Spark Talent Acquisition full-time

Pros

If you are looking for a place that is family oriented and someone to truly invest in people you found the place. I love a company that all the people are happy to come to work. I just started with the company and i love the atmosphere!

Cons

I hope I never have any cons but so far a great place.

5. "Strongly recommend not working at this company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Spark Talent Acquisition full-time for more than a year

Pros

Money you can make a good living but will sacrifice a lot personally. Some of the employees are amazing people that i have formed good friendships with even though i wasnt at the company for very long.

Cons

To start off when they interview and hiring on they flat out lie. They promised me a certain pay rate after training and then completely chained it. In my interview with the vice president and the owner they asked what was important to me and i told them flat out I was looking for a 9-5 because i value my personal time, they assured me this wasnt going to an issue and most people get their work done during business hours. This couldnt be further from the truth. I would receive calls and emails at all hours of the day, night and weekends from the people working for me and from the company itself. Then if you didnt reply upper management would flip out on you. Another huge issue is the executive team. They are down right awful people. The owner is self-absorbed and cares about one thing MONEY. He uses people to get what he wants out of them. I personally witnessed him yell and swear at people in the middle of the office for the most random things. He seems almost bi polar. He doesnt care about anything but money from the actions i have seen. Not family, friends nothing. If his clients knew what went on behind the scenes they would not due business with the company ever. I also think it is funny that the reviews on here are all forced. When we first were hired in they made us go on multiple sites and submit reviews on how great the company was etc. Which of course you are not going to write a bad review with your boss looking over your shoulder. Just another example of the morals behind this company. In short trust me when i tell you do not work for this company. They preach values and ethics to their clients and employees but actions speak much louder than words and their actions never follow thru with what they preach.

Spark Talent Acquisition Response

November 28, 2018Spark Leader

Thank you for the feedback provided. We are committed to creating an exceptional culture and experience for every team member and client that works with Spark Talent. As a an aggressively growing organization, it’s critical we value and consider all feedback that is being received and we will continue to find ways to improve. I would love to address a couple of concerns as it relates to this feedback. It’s very much appreciated you recognize some of the long-term friendships you have developed in a short period of time. Being a growing company, we very much strive to create a support system and family atmosphere for our team members. Our business and commitment to our clients is 24-7 availability. We believe that recruiting and staffing is a full-time responsibility and taking someone’s career seriously should not be something that is taken lightly. It’s unfortunate to hear that your perception of this was not communicated during your interview process. It’s something we focus on from the very beginning as we are aware this expectation may not be right for everyone considering a career move. We will absolutely continue to focus on communicating the right expectations in the initial interview process. Our executive team welcomes money motivated team members as recruiting and sales positions are production driven, however, what we are all about goes much deeper than money. We truly believe we are in the people development business - that is driven through our culture and core values. Our CEO has built this company to serve others and create opportunity for empowerment, freedom and unlimited professional and personal growth for team members, both internal and external. This is something that we will continue to message and ensure is consistent as our company grows and we hit our goal of creating 100,000 annual opportunities across the nation. We will also continue to encourage everyone that interacts with our company to provide feedback as we feel that is the best way for us to make improvements and create a transparent environment. I apologize for your perceived experience and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. If there is anything else you would like to share regarding your experience, please feel free to reach out to our team member experience team by emailing; TME@sparktalentinc.com

6. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Spark Talent Acquisition full-time

Pros

The #1 reason I love working at Spark is the fact that I have received multiple promotions within a year and a half. It has been an incredible experience as a whole. I grew professionally, was not micro-managed, and was able to speak my mind when I thought of ways to improve processes. Overall the culture and environment is what makes work so much fun.

Cons

As everyone has stated, it is hard but rewarding work. This is a role for someone who is self-motivated and driven by success. I truly believe if you have great people skills and want unlimited income and promotional opportunities, this is the role for you.

"If you are looking for a career, STOP HERE!!! YOU FOUND IT!!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Spark Talent Acquisition full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with the company over 4 years and have been presented with numerous opportunities for growth and advancement. Performance is rewarded and upward mobility and organic growth is preached. Every employee is given every opportunity to succeed at Spark Talent. The best part about working here is the team atmosphere and camaraderie with the employees. They will provide you with the key to open the door to your future, the question is, are you going to open that door and walk through it.

Cons

The toughest part about this job is keeping up with the fast pace. I found this as a positive as it pushed me to personally become more organized and versed within staffing.

"Amazing Place To Work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Spark Talent Acquisition full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is an environment where everyone cheers for one another and we have the same goal in mind. Our goal is to change the lives of the folks we are placing in jobs to better their future. The leadership is top notch and everyone including the CEO is always there to help when needed.

Cons

The commute is far from home. However, I made that choice because the pros HEAVILY out weigh the far drive.

9. "Recruiting"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Spark Talent Acquisition full-time for more than a year

Pros

Recruiting is fast paced and makes you see what your made of. Great opportunity to get some real world work experience. For recent grads at any age or someone looking for a career change. This is extremely fast paced which requires you to be available 24/7 if you want to make big. You do the work and you will do well. You have to have some aggressiveness and tough skin, however it’s rewarding. I have put countless people in better career situations and that’s what makes it rewarding for me. You create your own path here. The one job where you can literally give yourself a raise with uncapped commission.

Cons

Your available 24/7 if your someone who can’t take call before 8 am and after 5 pm this is not for you

"Everything"

1.0

I worked at Spark Talent Acquisition full-time

Pros

Having a full time job

Cons

The company as a whole

Found 23 reviews