Sparks Personnel Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Steve Sparks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sparks Personnel Promotes a Lifetime Blacklist with its former contract employees (in 2 reviews)

• The woman never called back, emailed, or sent a message via LinkedIn--not once (in 2 reviews)

1. "Can't go wrong with Sparks Group!"

Current Employee - Property Assistant in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Property Assistant in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Sparks Personnel Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sparks is a great agency that helps others find employments. Sparks is trusted by companies to provide top talent and professional workers. Sparks has helped me find meaningful employment. If you need a helping hand finding employemnt, let Sparks help you. Sparks Group listen and place people in jobs that they would be the best fit. Put simply, Sparks will listen and do their best to ensure your satisfaction. Give Sparks a try and see where you career may go! I can personally say they have helped me in the present.

Cons

No cons to speak of...

2. "Recruiting Coordinator"

I have been working at Sparks Personnel Services full-time

Pros

I loved working for this company. I have worked as a contractor for a year now and this is the only company I would recommend wholeheartedly. Jen Clemmons was the recruiter I worked with and she was literally there everytime I needed her, she always made me feel like I was a #1 priority. Thank you Sparks and Jen, I will always think back fondly of my time working for this company:)

Cons

I don’t have any cons.

3. "Strategic Account Manager"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Sparks Personnel Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Transparent Leadership
    -Work Life Balance

Cons

None that I can think of

Sparks Personnel Services Response

Oct 19, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you very much! Amazing leadership and work/life balance are often cited as top reasons why our staff love working here!

4. "Best place to work!"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I could not even begin to express how much I loved working at Sparks Group. I was a full time employee, and only left due to having to move states. The culture is absolutely amazing! The people are fun, communicative, and really care. The upper management ensures that you are set up for success and will help you through out the way! The CEO, President are very much involved, which is hard to find! Would work here again in a heartbeat!

Cons

There is literally not a thing I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "Still love Sparks Group!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Sparks Personnel Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

After recently adopting a great new company name, logo, website, and more, this is a very exciting time to work for Sparks Group! What began as a regionally based, family-owned staffing agency, is now a full-scope provider of technical, professional, creative and administrative talent to some of the biggest and best companies to work for in MD, VA and DC.

Cons

Limited incentive programs for those in corporate/shared services roles.

"Sparks Personnel Services broke the number one rule of networking, follow-up."

Former Employee - Prospective Talent in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Prospective Talent in Washington, DC

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After connecting with a recruiter via LinkedIn, I spoke with the woman by phone, and submitted my resume--all within 2 hours. The woman sounded very excited and interested in me as an applicant during the phone interview; we even discussed a possible upcoming opportunity, right away. She was very prompt and promised to get back to me soon.

Cons

I did not hear from the recruiter--ever--even after several e-mails. The woman never called back, emailed, or sent a message via LinkedIn--not once.

Advice to Management

Just follow up with prospective talent, even if you do not have an opportunity lined up. Everyone's time is valuable and should be respected.

"Administrative Assistant"

Pros

Sparks allows a great opportunity to get your foot in the door within a number of great organization's..

Cons

There are no cons as long as you have communicated specifically your career goals, as well as your preferences and limitations..Sparks will match your skills and experience with the best fit. What you expect to make, how far you will commute, if you want permanent or just temp...Sparks will put you to work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"I wouldn't trade my years at SPARKS for anything!!"

Former Employee - Senior Staffing Supervisor (Recruiter/Account Manager) in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

*Management truly cares about their employees *My direct supervisors always cared about my personal/professional growth *Staffing is a very stressful industry and definitely not right for everyone- SPARKS made it a great environment to be in *Woke up every day and looked forward to seeing and spending the day with my coworkers *My direct manager always kept me informed and listened to my ideas *Lots of fun team events and awards for a job well-done

Cons

more "work from home" or flex-schedule options

Advice to Management

*Make sure options for career opportunities within SPARKS are made apparent to internal employees; it seems sometimes opportunities are not brought to the table until employee is halfway out the door.
    *There were SO many positive changes implemented throughout my years at SPARKS. Keep up the good work and don't ever lose the special piece of the puzzle you have- the fact that you're a REAL FAMILY.
    *Steve Sparks and Evette Baker are extraordinary leaders and very hands-on!

9. "Supportive Staffing Agency"

Current Employee - Management Assistant
    Current Employee - Management Assistant

Pros

I hadn't worked with a staffing agency in almost 15 years but those that I had worked with were somewhat shady. This was not the case with Sparks-they placed me immediately and the company I was temping for decided to hire me after only 3 months! Jen, the senior staffing supervisor for Sparks, was wonderful to work with and very supportive from day one. She always kept in touch with me to make sure I was successful and happy. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to work for a professional staffing agency.

Cons

The benefits could be better, but at least they exist!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Best Temp agency in the city"

Pros

They work to find the best placement for you where you will be a productive employee and can potentially find a permanent position.
    Fast and responsive.
    Are available with to help with anything.

Cons

NONE I have no negative feedback to offer.