Spartan Auto Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Spartan Auto Group Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2019

Found 9 reviews

3.1
  1. "Service Advisor"

I have been working at Spartan Auto Group full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in. Management and co-works are great. Health Insurance 401K the basic stuff The pay is pretty decent, the customer flow is really nice considering there are not much other competition from other Toyota Dealership. The work is really easy, you go in early in the morning write up cars and you sell services needed on the vehicles. Very typical stuff and not difficult. When... something actually difficult comes up management will jump in to help out. The dealership is always clean, many times have I heard customers tell me we have the cleanest facility, which as far as I know is actually pretty true. Management is pretty understanding if you need to take a day off or be absent for something.

Cons

Down times can get really boring and when that happens people tend skip each other and making money becomes harder No base pay, money is generated 100% from commission and only from whatever you get from labor, no commission from parts.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Spartan Auto Group2017-09-13
  2. "I Liked The Family"

Former Employee - Car Salesman in Lansing, MI

I worked at Spartan Auto Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Owned by a hardworking family that was onsite and available.

Cons

Working almost every weekend and missing time with family and friends was a little difficult.

Spartan Auto Group2019-08-04
  3. "Car Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Lansing, MI

I worked at Spartan Auto Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Can make quite a bit of money in the busy season. Base pay helps, and you receive commission on top of that.

Cons

Management can be extremely toxic, and as a family owned business, their priorities come first. Management will be quick to shift blame from themselves to any employees they find convenient. Like most car sales, hours are very long, and while management can be flexible, other times they will summarily deny time off.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly and hold management accountable to their mistakes.

Spartan Auto Group2019-02-12

"Lube Technician"

Lube Technician in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Spartan Auto Group

Pros

Management is very friendly, and very understanding and compensating when you need time off if you have a good reason. Wages at least for flat rate technicians are very competitive. The service department is usually very busy, so making money is not a problem

Cons

Spartan toyota is a family ran company, therefore there mentality is theasy family and company money comes before your money as an employee so getting a raise is sometimes difficult.

Advice to Management

If you want to be management at Spartan toyota you will need to plan on working here for a long time because most of the management positions consist of family or family friends, if you are not these you will need to work very hard and plan on being here a good while.

Spartan Auto Group2017-01-20
  5. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Spartan Auto Group full-time

Pros

Low key no corporate crap. More of a family feeling, all the employees are friendly for the most part and get along well. Completely free medical for emoyee

Cons

Equipment in shop is out dated, but improving as we speak. Don't stock as many parts as you would think, but can get everything next day

Advice to Management

Keep more parts in stock. Pay your employees a what they are worth. Updated your shop to accommodate customers

Spartan Auto Group2015-11-25
  6. "office worker"

I worked at Spartan Auto Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some people are nice to work with and the schedule is what I needed at the moment for my work / life balance.

Cons

Company does not care about employees at all. If you can make the millionaire owner richer, then you might be accepted to stay for a while. Dont expect any leniancy for holidays, family emergencies, surgery, graduations, newborn children, or any other major life event. It is strictly business and no one cares who you are or what you contribute. You are VERY disposable!!

Advice to Management

Take some time to invest into an employee appreciation program. Employees that are happy and satisfied with their employer are more likely to have better production rates and over all make the company more money

Spartan Auto Group2015-08-20
  7. "BDC Agent"

Former Employee - BDC in Lansing, MI

I worked at Spartan Auto Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a very fast paced environment. i was rewarded according to my production as opposed to seniority. The compensation base pay was less that minimum wage but if you hit the bonuses you could bring home 2k a month.

Cons

The management couldnt care less about its employees. We were treated poorly like we were working to advance their careers.

Advice to Management

To be more accomodating to each persons desire to acheive within their department instead of setting goals by how it will effect the owner's pocket book.

Spartan Auto Group2015-08-08
  8. "I Wouldn't"

I worked at Spartan Auto Group for more than 3 years

Pros

There aren't many good things.

Cons

Received 1 raise in 3 years. No employee incentive to have car serviced there. Not flexible with vacation time. Insurance costs are outrageous. The owner and his family do not care about the employees

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect and care.

Spartan Auto Group2015-07-14
  9. "sales"

Salea in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Spartan Auto Group for more than 5 years

Pros

Inventory to choose from. Quality of product

Cons

The push to close. Ruthless management. Treat customers horribly

Spartan Auto Group2015-05-21