Speakeasy (Georgia) Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Speakeasy (Georgia) full-time

Pros

Amazing company that offers a ton of opportunities! I have never met a more professional and sincere group of people who truly support each other and celebrate each others' success. The office environment is gorgeous -- it is a pleasure to come to work. The benefits package is more than generous (including medical, dental, vision, 401K, annual bonus and a lot of vacation days). But hands down the best part of working for this company is the fact that Speakeasy changes peoples' lives! The feedback we get from our clients is consistently over the top. If you want to make a good salary, work with smart and kind people and represent an amazing brand, this is the place for you!

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Best Company Ever..."

Current Employee - Faculty in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Faculty in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Speakeasy (Georgia) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company. Great values. Great people! This has been, by far, the best organization I've worked for. It's hard to find a company that is very professional but knows how to be authentic. This is that company. I really feel at "home" here. Also, looking at the long tenure of the folks here, it's really indicative of how great Speakeasy really is!

Cons

Haven't found any cons yet and I doubt I will!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. "Great Company, Amazing People, Incredible Impact"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Speakeasy (Georgia) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons of opportunity in the communications space in general right now. The experience provided to it's clients is world-class and has incredible impact on people beyond communicating more effectively for professional purposes. You get to help people unlock their greatest potential regarding the behaviors they do on a daily basis with the most frequency--communicating with one another.

Amazing comp plan with great health care coverage. They offer beyond fair compensation for your talent, reward you with a very competitive commission structure, quarterly/annual incentives (anything from company-paid weekends, additional PL days, shopping sprees to name a few) and a free health care coverage option with upgrades for your family, vision, dental, life, disability etc.

Work/Life balance is phenomenal with tons of paid holidays and PL days, more than enough to enjoy your life while enjoying the work that you do. Most people I have come across end up having to use up their remaining PL days at the end of the year because they don't want to miss a day of work during the year!

Management team is an incredibly accomplished network of accessible, highly motivated and well synchronized people. They have truly valued my individual growth during my time here, extremely understanding and supportive. CEO that is very involved/easily accessible who responds to your emails--no matter what--with deep insight and actionable advice! (Never those management emails where you are left scratching your head after reading it wondering...Huh?!)

Last, but certainly not least, the culture and values are beyond anything I have ever experienced (in the best way possible). Incredibly diverse company with offices around the globe, and stories/experiences to back it up! The same effort given to their clients in helping them develop, they give to their employees as well. They want you to grow, be better, represent the brand with authenticity, encourage volunteer opportunities and dedicate 1 day a year where everyone has to give back (they see the big picture). Speakeasy helps Fortune-500 executives develop a stronger executive presence and become more effective leaders, which requires the employees to display that on a daily basis. There is a constant professionalism, courtesy, sharpness and thoughtfulness in everything that they do. It’s a real family atmosphere that roots for one another, looks out for one another, wants to see each other succeed, and cares about each and every one of the people that contribute to the incredible culture at Speakeasy.

Cons

When I find one I’ll let you know!

Advice to Management

Something they have already committed to for 2018, which is having a consistent rotation of people from the management committee to visit the satellite offices with more frequency. This will help develop a better overall and more supportive experience towards achieving the best possible results at each of its world-class locations.

4. "One of the best companies I have ever worked for in my life."

I have been working at Speakeasy (Georgia) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company made up of highly skilled, professional people. The expectations are clear and reasonable. The on-boarding process was one of the best I have experienced. The interview process was thorough but not unreasonable.

The talk matches the walk. The professionals in this company are dedicated to our clients and they get a fantastic experience. Many state it's life changing and I could not agree more. It is so satisfying helping deliver a service that exceeds expectations.

The offices, location, atmosphere are world class and i feel very blessed to be a part of such a great company with such great people. We serve really great clients who believe in what we do for them. To say it's rewarding is a complete understatement.

Cons

There are none as far as I am concerned.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

5. "Sales"

I have been working at Speakeasy (Georgia) full-time

Pros

It truly is a company of people who care about what we do. They sincerely care about each other and most importantly our clients. It's one of the only companies that I've worked for that actually supports and encourages employee development rather than just offering lip service.

Cons

Not really any cons at this point. Perhaps because the pros are weighted rather heavily.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the team!

6. "Growing company with high commissions potential!!"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President, Market Development in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President, Market Development in New York, NY

I worked at Speakeasy (Georgia) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for Speakeasy for over 5 years, in a number of different roles and locations. Each experience was very positive and Speakeasy was eager to promote within when the opportunity arose. Working as a Sales Executive for Speakeasy, the sky is the limit for the amount of commissions you can achieve, on top of a competitive salary offered. There are many additional perks and benefits offered from this company as well. The staff here works together like a family and the service they provide to their clients is second to none. This team works with one another to achieve their goals. The CEO, President and EVP will join you in a meeting, schedule a role play, or will set aside time any day to work with you and your goals.

Cons

The ebbs and flows of sales can be stressful at times as in any sales role.

Advice to Management

• Continue to work for more virtual offerings.
    • Incorporate a person in each of your offices to be a part of the Management Committee.

7. "The Speakeasy Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Speakeasy (Georgia) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What a relief it is to be part of company who's actions match each and every one of their core beliefs and values. Speakeasy's programs change people's lives - both personally and professionally. The CEO & Owner, Scott Weiss really believes in the brand and gives back to his employees generously.

Speakeasy invests in and values its employees - All programs are available to staff at no cost, one of the many rich benefits of the company.

Management committee is kind, professional, and approachable.

Professional business attire is required.

Work environment is independent and free of micromanaging.

Expect to held to the highest standard each and every single day. Those with excellent work ethic and drive will succeed.

Cons

Professional business attire may be a con to some, but it is necessary to the client experience and the level of professionalism the company represents.

If you have a "good enough" mentality, this is not the place for you.

8. "SVP Business Development"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President Business Development
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President Business Development

I worked at Speakeasy (Georgia) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Speakeasy was the one place I've worked that I knew my clients' high expectations would always be exceeded due to the excellent delivery of programs from a first class set of faculty.
    The company has a history of serving Fortune 500 companies dating back to 1973-and is incredibly well run. While it is a very 'familiar' type work environment (only ca. 50 employees worldwide) you do get to know your colleagues pretty well; it is still a business. I think that people who come in with the expectation that it will be easy street-due to the friendliness of everyone around you will not last that long. You need to execute on a daily basis-and it can be stressful. However, if you ask for help-you will be offered it in spades. During my early days I was offered so much assistance from everyone, who really wanted me to succeed. You are also offered the opportunity to attend as many of the programs that the company offer as you want (I wish I would have taken them up on that offer more frequently!).
    As a sales person-you are frequently offered a great book of accounts, and given leads as they are generated via company channels.
    I believe that everyone in the leadership team to be very ethical and honest in their dealings with employees.

Cons

May be a bit rigid at times-very strict rules around hours & dress code (at least when I worked there). I think to attract top talent, who are looking for more than compensation this would be something I would look at if it were my company.

Advice to Management

Very Atlanta focused leadership-there are very competent and smart people elsewhere in the organization that the company could benefit from having as part of the leadership group (to offer a different perspective at times). I suppose that the argument could be made that while it ain't broke...

9. "Fullfiling & Life Changing Work on a Nimble Team"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Speakeasy (Georgia) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Speakeasy is a small but mighty company in the consulting industry. It has a boutique feel with a big reach. The attention to detail and quality from the management trickles down to how employees are valued.

- Employees are the most important part of the organization. Thus, the training was very valuable and I felt the company was investing in me.

- Every employee gets exposed to our core development product.

- Entrepreneurial and aggressive business mentality (management understands what keeps the lights on and what makes us personally profitable - we focus on this daily). Yes, this is a PRO after being a part of companies that have ethereal and nebulous goals.

- Hard work with the right attitude is rewarded.

-The organization is small enough to feel like a critical part of the mission.

- Generous bonus and commissions available for those who want to get after it!

- Management is calm, cool and collected. Even when the work climate and business is in chaos, the management maintains a confident and even disposition.

Cons

-The main office is in Atlanta, GA and I work out of the San Francisco office - common issues associated with a remote headquarters exist such as, limited team camaraderie and communication obstacles.

-Internal customer service could use improvement.

-Flex time and remote login is typically not permitted unless there are unique circumstances. (Not really a con for me but it's worth noting here.)

Advice to Management

- Allow for ownership over micromanagement.
    - Listen to everyone in the organization and keep an open mind.
    - Invest in your young guns.

10. "Happy to be a part of the Team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Being a part of a team that is truly "changing peoples lives' is very rewarding and exciting. The goal here is to make this experience for our clients one that they will never forget..... the expectations are high but the rewards are great.

While the atmosphere structured and formal it is what is necessary to create the environment that makes our programs so successful.

I have found the management to be caring and focused on what is best for the employees..... Very generous benefits as well as personal leave days.

Cons

I really cant think of any Cons....

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of Communication open