KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

McKinsey & Company

130 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The People are all supportive and kind and always willing to provide non(in 7 reviews)
  • "This is a wonderful place to work with ample opportunity for advancement and due to the nature of our culture development of communication skill and personal growth are central to our culture.(in 5 reviews)
  • "This past year the CEO took all 40 employees to an all(in 5 reviews)
  • "I would disagree that Leadership is lacking here but I would agree that you have to jump on the bus or it won't be a place you'll thrive.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Training: you will receive extensive training (paid) as part of your onboarding process.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Profitable Purpose!

Oct 22, 2021 - Vice President, Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning life skills that can translate well into any career, as well as, selling something that makes a difference in people's lives. Working with the most talented and incredible executive communication coaches in the industry is such a privilege, and makes your sale much easier when you get them involved in the process. Beyond the life skills and gorgeous office spaces Speakeasy has across the globe, you get a feeling of purpose when you talk with clients after having attended a Speakeasy workshop. Witnessing people transformation on a daily basis, where they become better versions of themselves rubs off on you in the best way. Adhering to the core values of Speakeasy, not just in your work, but in your daily life can also have a profound impact on your world around you.

Cons

Required to be in the office 5 days a week wearing a suit and tie, even during a global pandemic was hard at times. The company would attract and retain better talent if they allowed work from home flexibility for when there are no clients in the offices for in-person trainings.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good and Bad, like every position

Oct 30, 2021 - Full Time Faculty in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work, highest quality curriculum, diverse client population and hiring, moderate to high functioning co-faculty, world travel, exceptional client-centered reputation

Cons

Micro-management, bullying leader, management-employee compensation split, never hit annual revenue goals, lack of higher purpose, lack of effort to close gaps in management, incestuous employee development (no outside resources)

6 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Solid Company With A Purpose

Jun 22, 2021 - Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Established over 45 years Well respected brand Experienced Management who cares Purpose driven mission to help people Team culture with great people Top notch clients Good pay Incredible benefits Diversity and Inclusion is obvious

Cons

Not necessarily a negative but heads up, professional attire is the norm

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Consulting / Biz Dev

Jun 29, 2021 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make a real difference in your clients' lives and success.

Cons

You have to live up to the standards yourself, and that's an ongoing process of improvement.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent opportunity for those who love high demands and opportunities for excellence.

May 6, 2021 - Instructor in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extraordinarily kind and caring staff. I have never experienced impatience with requests for advice or help,

Cons

Especially for full time workers, work/life balance can be difficult. For instructors days can be long, including the hassles of travel.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Most Abusive and Toxic Workplace I Have Ever Seen

May 3, 2021 - Senior Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Their communication workshops are impactful though overpriced

Cons

Speakeasy is by far the most toxic and abusive workplace I have ever seen. Not leaving that place earlier will forever be the biggest regret of my career. Several members of the so-called "Management Committee" have serious personality disorders and shouldn't be in any leadership role whatsoever. Departures of employees regularly involve lawsuits or the threat thereof. Whenever there's going to be a problem, it's going to be YOUR fault. If you must interview there, ask why there are so many former employees with really short tenure. Please also read the other negative reviews about Speakeasy here, they hit the nail on the head. One thing that really stood out to me in my time at Speakeasy is that we didn't receive a single lead or referral from a former employee. I have never seen that at other companies, where former employees are usually happy to promote the company and the brand. Not so at Speakeasy. That's truly remarkable in a bad way. The meaningless positive reviews exist only because Speakeasy management is practically forcing the employees to write them. If you want to get a real assessment of what's it like to work there, reach out to a few former employees. Again, this is the most abusive and toxic work environment I have ever seen, and not walking away from it earlier will forever be the biggest regret of my career.

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place To Work

Mar 31, 2021 - Client Experience Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Speakeasy has a fantastic work atmosphere and super supportive staff and team.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Speakeasy

Jul 14, 2020 - Senior Vice President Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Speakeasy was established in 1973 and offers one of the best communication development experiences available in the marketplace - for any level employee or executive leader. In a sales consulting role, this gives you a wonderful brand and product/experience to sell to any customer and the opportunities to do so are endless! Speakeasy is global with offices in ATL, NYC, Chicago , SFO and Amsterdam and now with their new virtual offerings, this allows anyone access to a Speakeasy experience. The Faculty are incredible instructors who are highly accredited and fully trained to help each person find their inner voice, while keeping their authenticity in tact. Selling Speakeasy successfully can be challenging, but with a focused work ethic and dedication to the process, it can be very rewarding!

Cons

Based on your preferred work style and environment, Speakeasy requires business attire and being in the office at all times (pre and post pandemic), unless on a customer call. This is not necessarily a con based on your preference, but should be noted as a company requirement.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Phenomenal company with phenomenal leadership

May 5, 2020 - Faculty in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at several companies throughout the Atlanta area and I must say that Speakeasy is by far the best and my favorite. The leadership truly cares about the staff and everyone works very well together. From day one, I felt like I was a part of a family. People really bend over backwards for you, and that is rare these days. The leadership puts us in a position to be successful, make meaningful client connections, and truly values our families.

Cons

If you are not trying to grow as a company, team, and individual, then this is not the place for you to apply. Everyone has a growth mindset and it really shows.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company to Work For

May 5, 2020 - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company truly values their employees and the culture is absolutely great. The product is something that everyone absolutely needs and the company delivers it at a very high level. Clients always have positive feedback and it's easy to believe in what you're doing when it's helping people. Senior leadership is transparent, authentic and always willing to help.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Reviews

Speakeasy (Georgia) Reviews FAQs

Speakeasy (Georgia) has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 56 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Speakeasy (Georgia) to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Speakeasy (Georgia) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Speakeasy (Georgia). This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

89% of Speakeasy (Georgia) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Speakeasy (Georgia) 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Speakeasy (Georgia) to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be workplace, compensation.

Popular Careers with Speakeasy (Georgia) Job Seekers