Spearmint Rhino Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Rhino"

I worked at Spearmint Rhino full-time

Pros

Great people, great staff and management

Cons

Really there is nothing i could think of

2. "Cocktail waitress"

Current Employee - Cocktail Server in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Cocktail Server in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Spearmint Rhino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wage & Tips, fun management

Cons

None, just lots of work🙃

Advice to Management

Hang in there and Stay positive

3. "Dancer"

Pros

As a dancer , we can pick if we want to become a employee or as a contract dancer. Both have their perks. I like the freedom so i picked contractor. They treat the dancers like gold. Fair club, good customers and safe and clean.

Cons

Needs larger dressing room and get rid of some old time dancers that try to run it.

Advice to Management

Stop letting the old or longtime dancers scare of new dancers

4. "Corporate Office Review"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Norco, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Norco, CA

I worked at Spearmint Rhino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Spearmint Rhino takes care of their employees full benefits to health, dental, vision and 401K, along with other perks that shows the company really does care about their employees.

At least in the corporate office there has been many types of events, celebrations and additional ways the company shows it cares from monthly birthday cakes for employees, baby showers, holiday celebrations, fun competitions, generous holiday bonus, pantry of snacks, very nice break room and much more.

The fast paced, deadline driven position I had was as expected and runs as a standard across the corporate office for all employees to follow. Meaning what you apply for and what is expected of you won't change without notice or explanation.

Management and staff are for the most part friendly yet assertive and intimidating at times.

The corporate office is very fair in most cases. If you need any equipment, software, office supplies or most anything work related they will usually provide if asked including gas compensation depending on position, bigger or second monitor, company phone (in some cases) and much more.

Cons

Working with some of the operation managers can be a tedious or annoying task as many can be very impatient, rude and/or incompetent.

Most of the club managers in general can be very rude and condescending luckily that is not the case for all.

Advice to Management

Only improvement I see if for operation managers to be more understanding when working with the corporate office such as controlling anger, being more patient, more knowledgeable about certain processes and generally follow direction better.

5. "Entertainer"

Current Employee - Entertainer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Entertainer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Spearmint Rhino part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very honest and fair with guests

Cons

Entertainer house fees are expensive regardless of declining numbers of patrons

Advice to Management

Entertainer house fees have gone up in the past 4 years, customers cost in vip’s have gone up due to room fees that were added in the past 4 years, drink minimums were added, alcohol prices went up. All of these costs inflated to bring the establishment more profit, yet the cost of lap dances, hour vip’s, 30 minute vip’s and 15 minute (formerly 3 for a hundred) vip costs have remained the same for the past fifteen years.

The entertainers must pay more in house fees, sell more to the customers, yet are still limited to charging the same amount for time as entertainers did 15 years ago. When you factor in inflation, the drastic decline in the traffic/patronage of the club, and the overhead cost of being a quality entertainer, you have a serious decline in the average yearly earnings for entertainers.

I would recommend either raising the rate for VIP’s/floor dances or lowering the house fees.

6. "exhilarating"

Pros

most of the men i have the opppurunity to dance for are very curteous. They usually pay me $20- $40 per dance. On a good evening especially weekends I can make around $50% per night. I am glad I chose spearmint as my first employer as a young adult

Cons

Some of the men have tried to convince me to go home with them multiple times and again I have to convince them I AM NOT A PROSTITUTE there is actually a big difference in pay

7. "Floorman"

Former Employee - Floorman in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Floorman in Lexington, KY

Pros

Relaxing environment easy to work there

Cons

People with no moral code

Advice to Management

Try to know what is happening with the lives of your employees

"Spearment Rhino terrible employer"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Spearmint Rhino part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing good to say about these people

Cons

The management treats their male employees terribly. One of the worst, if not the worst place I've ever worked at. There are no benefits because they make sure as a regular employee that you never work enough hours to get benefits. The upper management is the worst and really treat every guy like they are nothing.

"GM"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Spearmint Rhino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very professional Las Vegas Style show clubs.

Cons

None that would not be expected

"What once was a place of camaraderie lies a place full of back stabbing and receipt"

Pros

Money
    Lots of time off
    Money
    Offer health insurance

Cons

All of the clubs problems begin with how poorly it is being managed and little experience the managers have in actual management. They foster and environment of backstabbing and favoritism because they honestly know no better way.