Specialized Loan Servicing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Toby Wells

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunities for advancement, great training department, very good benefits (in 11 reviews)

• Very good company to work for, great people and strong management (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • If you know anyone in upper management you have a head start on anyone else (in 8 reviews)

• Kinda all over the place no structure, Call Center gets lots of complaints and aren't treated the best (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, great training department, very good benefits.

Cons

Mortgage industry changes quickly so servicing has a tendency to react instead of being proactive.

Advice to Management

Work on leadership skills and coaching.

2. "SLS"

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time

Pros

Exposer to multiple loan products.

Cons

Favoritism when it comes to promotion.

Advice to Management

Do not use people that you will get the job done. It is important to compensate according to work being done.

3. "Call Center"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues were helpful and encouraging.

Cons

Negative feedback on everything. Lazy middle management. Would answer questions with I don't know, or not my job and relied on subordinates to train new hires.

Advice to Management

Develop a call monitoring process that both mitigates risk and recognizes positive and behaviors and not just a system that enforces rules that aren't documented in writing and only provides negative feedback.

Nov 9, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and while it's concerning to hear your feedback, we absolutely value it. As a global organization, we are constantly striving to ensure every... More

4. "Great place"

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time

Pros

Everyone worked together and was willing to get the job one.

Cons

Medical insurance is very high, not a lot of options.

Nov 9, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback! We truly appreciate your feedback, and your contributions while working with us. We strive to offer the best, and most affordable benefits for our team members, and we... More

"Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic staff!
    Great benefits
    Fantastic work life balance

Cons

IT and Analytics is a disaster, as far as anyone can tell. Tickets took, on occasion, a year for reply at times. Hiring process to get a position filled could take as long as 6 months, leading to very large problems throughout the company causing shadow IT to emerge in all departments.

Advice to Management

Get analytics and IT up to par and get a better process for hiringprocess into place. Embrace the Shadow IT emerging and use it to solve each departments problems with good technology.

Nov 9, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you so much for your feedback, and your insights. We are so sorry your experience was not as positive as you, or we, would like, and want you to know that we are constantly focused on... More

6. "Job"

Current Employee - Customer Resolution Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Resolution Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If your not in the call center the job is pretty laid back. Work isn't too difficult. Basically create your own hours at least you work 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week with a supervisor on site.

Cons

Kinda all over the place no structure, Call Center gets lots of complaints and aren't treated the best. You can come in one day and things change with out warning or heads up.

Advice to Management

Just too have more structure and direction on where the company wants to go.

Nov 9, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for your time with us, and your contributions! We aspire to have your experience as more than a "job" - one that is rewarding and meaningful. And we completely appreciate your... More

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Executive Management team.
    Encourage employee engagement
    work life balance

Cons

Some frustration with office politics

Nov 9, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

We are grateful that you took the time to provide this feedback, and appreciate your leadership contributions to our company. We know that office politics exist to some degree in every company, and... More

8. "Very strange implementation of Agile"

Pros

The people are very nice - somewhat cliche-ish, but for the most part very fun and enjoyable. Very smart and dedicated long term employees.

Cons

Management is a bit top heavy and if you are not in their cliche, then you can just forget it.

"Critical Account Specialist II"

Former Employee - Critical Account Specialist II in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Critical Account Specialist II in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is fairly decent but if you don't live in Tempe AZ and you live in Arizona and have to travel far to work in horrible traffic it's not worth it.

If I could give this place zero stars I would because it's a waste of time and the management is horrible.

Cons

Horrible trainers that have never done the job they train people for.
    The trainers have the ability to report to management and evaluate if a rep can do the collections job but they were never on the phone or did the job.
    The trainers are extremely unprofessional they use vulgar language but will report anyone to HR for doing the same thing.
    The management is extremely rude and unprofessional and they don't know the job either. From the Assistant VP to the management to the trainers they are rude and unprofessional. At this place there is a such thing as a stupid question they have no patience to teach new employees the job. Then there is no open door policy as the management and trainers play favorites.
    The management is political and racist and plays FOX News in the break rooms.

Advice to Management

Get some professional trainers that know the job. Get some trainers that were actually on the phone. Don't allow the trainers to whisper to each other in front of employees they are training. Learn how to treat your workforce with respect and have a true open door policy. There are way too many call centers in Arizona for a good employee to waste their time there. I predict this call center in Tempe fails and stays in Denver because at this rate it's not going to make it at all.

"Not so good experience"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Manager in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great money, benefits and location.

Cons

They micromanage way too much.

Advice to Management

Don't try to make so many changes every month and let grown folks be adults instead of micromanaging.