Specialty's Cafe & Bakery Reviews | Glassdoor

Specialty's Cafe & Bakery CEO Pau Cortés Valdés
Pau Cortés Valdés

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Personally felt a lack of appreciation from upper management for accomplishments" (in 16 reviews)

• "They cut your hours for no reason or when business are slow for them" (in 5 reviews)

1. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fresh product, GREAT comradery, love the team, always a well balanced communication, team is full of energy, and they all enjoy what they do! Great place to work and grow!

Cons

None that there are to mention

Advice to Management

Continue the great work on developing the team.

2. "Great Company! Balanced but challenging!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for almost 7 years and have seen plenty of changes throughout these years but nothing compares to the changes that are happening now! We have a leadership team now that has made a way for the employee's to have a voice and it is showing in the changes that are occurring. We are gearing up to grow and now is the time for people to jump on board!

Cons

This company is not for the faint of heart, we need people who can bring the energy!

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight, no matter how big we get that it is the people that make the difference!

3. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is tons of opportunity for professional growth at every level through the expansion of the company. The GM pay scale is very competitive. For those who love the restaurant pace, but hate the typical hours, this is hands down the best restaurant concept to work for.

Cons

Software tools are in desperate need of an update.

4. "Great Place to Work!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Monday through Friday and closed on all weekends and Holidays!!!! Very competitive environment and extremely rewarding!!

Cons

Early mornings takes some getting use to.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin on!! Nice job from the top all the way to the Guest service team and Kitchen staff!!

5. "Specialty's is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding, challenging, innovative!
    I've been with Specialty's just over 3 years, the company has gone through a lot of positive change, including a leadership change at the Executive level. Internal development and advancement opportunities for anyone in the organization.

Employee's have a voice and it's shaping the future of the company. At Specialty's, people are first!

Cons

Very high volume locations. Monday-Friday operations in most locations, you'll earn your night, weekends and holidays off, but it's worth it!

Advice to Management

Stay the course! Continue to coach and teach, to develop capabilities for advancement.

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work place environment. Great managements and team members to work with. The opportunity to move up is quick with the right dedication and mindset. Hard workers are acknowledged and everyone are always feeling appreciated at work.

Cons

Always looking for new team members because of the short staff.

Advice to Management

Always make the team members feel appreciated by going out of their way to get food for the team. Always coaching and teaching the team to create growth.

7. "Change is happening and it's good!"

Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- No weekends and late nights
    - Support from upper management
    - Culture is now more focused on developing team members and managers rather than telling them they're doing something wrong and leaving it to the TMs and managers to figure it out on their own.

Cons

If you want something that is monotonous, this isn't the place for you

8. "Thank You for turning the company from bad to great!"

Current Employee - Cashier/Barista in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Barista in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Specialty's for just over 4 years. I am so happy to see that management and upper management care for their staff. I know change is never looked at well, but the changes this company has made for my team and other teamsin the last year alone has been amazing. Managers really care about how you are doing, my regional manager supports the work that
    i do. I'll admit back in the day it wasn't the best place and I myself almost left, however, I am so thankful I stuck it out. I'm learning more now than I did those years back. Thank you Specialty's for really showing you care about me and the team and thank you for making those changes that allow me to enjoy my job more.

Cons

I wish we would have different kind of shirts. I don't like brown.

Advice to Management

Whatever you did to fix it, please don't change it. I now love working for you and I can't wait to see what future is set for me now.

9. "One of the most ideal workplace when it comes to balancing work and family time"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in South Bay, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in South Bay, FL

I have been working at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing, competitive edge in On Line ordering, quality people, great food and baked items, convenience, accurate and efficient

Cons

Not much to share on this area. All work place has its own challenges and Specialty’s is not perfect either.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we are doing... we definitely positioning ourselves to be the Market Leader and evidently heading to the right direction

10. "Innovative, Challenging, Rewarding company"

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is the best industry wide
    Company is focused on the development of the teams and also focusing on promoting from within first
    Innovative with technology
    Growth potential is great

Cons

No cons here. If you like to be challenged to be the best, this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction we are going, people are happier and hungry for success!