SpecialtyCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Mel Hall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I guess if you absolutely need a job, they will hire anyone for the Richmond, VA area (in 3 reviews)

• This is a great place to learn new technology from (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Is it because they are such a great company to work for or is it because no one wants to work for them (in 6 reviews)

• Disconnect from Upper Management and Lower Management (in 6 reviews)

1. "Former employee"

I worked at SpecialtyCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Supervisor. Went out of way to help lead others in the company. Pay was decent, but for the amount of work not what you would expect

Cons

Upper Management would bring problems upon their staff. Didn't care if they were already too busy with the other problems management caused. Some management didn't know what was going on within their department. Never felt like anything that was said was kept private.

Advice to Management

For the amount of work, the pay should be higher and raises should be more than .50 an hour extra with the amount of headache and stressed that is caused by management that makes over 6 figures a year.

2. "Minimal opportunities"

Current Employee - Clinical Technician
    Current Employee - Clinical Technician

I have been working at SpecialtyCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of work, steady hours, decent PTO & insurance

Cons

No advancement opportunities, minimal pay, poor management at times, easily overworked, high turnover at some locations.

3. "Awesome company! - Credentialing Representative"

Current Employee - Credentialing Representative in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Credentialing Representative in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at SpecialtyCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I LOVE working here. The people are amazing, I feel like they actually care about me and want me to succeed. Excellent work/life balance. Never a question of them valuing my time and personal life. I have a family with kids and when I need to adjust my schedule one day to go to a school event or doctor's appointment there is never a problem. Awesome.

Cons

I think it's amazing, no cons to share.

Advice to Management

Thank you for caring about your employees! I feel like you guys actually listen to our needs and make sincere efforts to take care of us. Please keep doing what you're doing!

4. "No Moral Compass"

Former Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at SpecialtyCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great clinicians and staff dedicated to patient care.

Cons

New CEO only focused on cutting people and benefits.

Advice to Management

Think long term.

"You can do better"

I have been working at SpecialtyCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the hospital and the hospital employees I’m assigned to.

Cons

Favoritism, bosses who are not qualified in the positions and areas they supervise. Being told that “you’re replaceable”, not standing up for their own employees, helping doctors have a “god like complex”. Don’t take away pay for call hours despite that call time is required. So many CEO’s and District Managers come and go, more than I can count in 7 years! “Anonymous” surveys are anything but....employees are all too scared to tell how they really feel for fear of retribution.

Advice to Management

Don’t ever tell your employees that they are replaceable! Don’t reward the “tattletale” employees who constantly look to cause trouble within their own team. Micromanaged to the point that most employees feel they can’t even breathe without permission. Stop having it be ALL about profits! While those are important it’s the employees that help make those profits. Don’t treat them like they work for a dictator and should never question anything.

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SpecialtyCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to travel around the US and work in interesting places

Cons

Missing family and friends at home

Advice to Management

None

"Tech"

I worked at SpecialtyCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the job and working in surgery

Cons

Never off work even when you are off. When you not on call you still get called into work. Good luck trying to take vacations.

Advice to Management

8. "Amazing and Spectacular"

Pros

SpecialtyCare is an amazing and spectacular company. Leadership has amazing arrogance and there is spectacular employee turnover. That’s right…This review will be consistent with the others. The good…The company is in a great position to be leader in outsourced clinical services in the operating room.

Cons

Management’s efforts to address employee engagement are misguided. Company acquired many companies, but failed to acquire a soul along the way. IONM “leadership” is uninspiring and they do not respect their clinicians personal time. If you want to be overloaded with a heavy clinical workload and assignments that encroach on your personal time, SpecialtyCare is for you. If you want to be happy at work with a management that you can trust, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

You want to be a premier outsourced clinical provider in the operating room? ...Take the time to learn what its like to work in one. Also, too many employees reluctantly stay because of "no-compete" agreement. Do like Castro did….Open your jails and let the prisoners free. Ultimately, if the employees don’t want to stay why would a hospital use them?

9. "Former Perfusionis6"

Former Employee - CCP in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - CCP in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at SpecialtyCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for new grads
    Attempted to have unified orientation for new hires in Nashville (pointless)

Cons

Management does not care about employees or company
    Training Overrated
    Very Very Sketchy
    It is a group of Hospitals and perfusion groups that have been bought out and combined into one.
    Always afraid to lose account and act desperate
    Lack of Effort

Advice to Management

Go back to the basics. Perfusion isn't meant for random managers to come in and evaluate bc they haven't a clue as to what is going on

"Slush fund for investors"

Former Employee - Perfusionist
    Former Employee - Perfusionist

I worked at SpecialtyCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for this company .

Cons

They treat people like cattle , no work life balance for those in the field , Corp focused on their profit instead of providing excellent patient care with associates that actually care about what they do . No appreciation for the clinical folks , under paid and over worked. Upper management show up locally once a year because they have to . Promotion based on popularity instead of knowledge . Their shared values are a total joke . The powers at be will lie in your face to get what they want from you .

Advice to Management

My advice would be, good luck , you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time . It is tragic that you treat your clinical people the way you do. They actually impact people's lives .