Spectra Tech Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Loong Yong

"Current employee review"

I have been working at Spectra Tech part-time

Pros

flexible hours, talented staff, adaptable

Cons

transition from small to big business has hit harder than desired

2. "Review"

Pros

Good atmosphere, good comadre between co-workers.

Cons

Not much room for advancement

3. "Poor Management"

Former Employee - Administrative Specialist III in Forest Hill, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Specialist III in Forest Hill, MD

I worked at Spectra Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you don't like much supervision than this would be a good contracting company to work for. They pretty much let us do whatever we wanted to. However, the owner was easy to get in touch with if you ever needed to discuss something.

Cons

The management was pretty much non-existent; non responsive and poor on following up. We didn't get any reviews so it was hard to say where we stood. Also, we had one raise (1%) in the 3 years I worked for them.

Advice to Management

Check-in with your employees on a regular basis to see how they are doing. Let them know they are appreciated and give positive reinforcement. While it is nice for employees to have a certain extent of autonomy, being completely unsupervised leads to missed opportunities for improvement.

5. "Spectra Tech Inc"

Current Employee - Reliability Engineer in Oak Ridge, TN
    Current Employee - Reliability Engineer in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at Spectra Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company offers a family feeling with good benefits and great growth potential for those willing to work hard. Benefits include generous salary, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K. A great family atmosphere where all employees are looked to for their opinions, visible and accessible management who are always willing to talk with you. Open Door Policy.

Cons

It is a contracting firm and although you are a full time employee of the company you still work as a contractor.

Advice to Management

Upper management is always visible and available they do not put themselves on a pedestal, unless you know who they are you could not pick them out from the other employees.