Spectranetics Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Spectranetics CEO Scott Drake
Scott Drake

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good direction, good products, and good people (in 4 reviews)

• Great team and a fast paced environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management demonstrates poor business acumen over prioritization of capital/expense funding outlays (in 6 reviews)

• the clicks w management and senior leadership is so obvious to everyone (in 4 reviews)

1. "Horizontal Structure"

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time

Pros

Good teams who like to launch new projects

Cons

Horizontal structure, individuals must promote themselves. Limited movement up the career ladder

"Company Culture"

Former Employee - Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Fremont, CA

I worked at Spectranetics (More than a year)

Pros

over communication below management level

Cons

senior management does not communicate down

Advice to Management

Talk to employees

"Not so hot..."

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Fremont, CA

I worked at Spectranetics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great compensation, Spots of friendly co-workers

Cons

On the job training is non-existent. No employee development, No upward mobility, FDA warning letter, Co-workers will highlight any issues found and report it immediately to management instead of working as a team to confront issues.

Advice to Management

On the job training is almost non-existent. The training I received when asked for help from co-workers was "read the procedure". The culture and values seem to be leaning towards everyone for themselves. Team work can be found in spots of the company, but overall it seems to be about pointing the finger or passing it off to someone else.

Expect to be dropped into an environment where you have absolutely no training (even though you have years of experience in this field). Then you try your best to figure out what is expected by being told "no, you are doing it wrong." and "this isn't good enough." Culture values at Spectranetics are:
     Innovate, Serve, Win, Own it, Right things, right now, Together, and Humility.

Humility- "We value each teammate, we listen, we care" (#1 neglected value)

"not necessary"

I worked at Spectranetics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

family environment, talented employees, hard working, great products

Cons

it's so sad. so much potential but they've lost their mojo from a culture perspective. the clicks w management and senior leadership is so obvious to everyone. if you are not in the circle you have a target on your back. people are living in fear but still working their tails off. hope it changes

Advice to Management

reset. get back to the basics. get rid of nepotism. take out people who are not lifting others up. the orientation should be to give, give, give and trust you will get, get, get in return. get back to the basics of hiring, developing, empowering and unleashing people to execute on opportunities. you will need this for stellarex success.

"sales"

Pros

Great technology, good team of field sales people. mid-level management (field) hardworking. Great solutions for complex disease.

Cons

it is hypocritical and do as i say not as I do. Values are preached but not lived. Upward mobility is almost impossible internally. Diversity and nepotism seem to be the buzz words.

Advice to Management

take off the blinders and look in the mirror.

"Old Technology Laser"

Pros

Acquired ANGIOSCORE and other companies......Pays top performers.......working on showing growth. Many feel they want to be purchased by Large company for plaque modification in Era of BVD Stent platform.

Cons

Stocks are down, management turnover, high stress fire drill management style.......high Rep turnover. .....many feel looking to be aquired......many of top reps left when purchased ANGIOSCORE. Laser is 25 year Old Technology.

"Ask lot's of questions and write them down, CYA!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Spectranetics has really great R&D, to me it's about saving lives. I am coming up on three years, that's why I stay

Cons

HR just pays lip service, some days it can be heard in the parking lot. The last few years have been nothing but hot air. My main concern is the earnings over reported. We have lost half of our stock price. Continual talk of ethical business, the truth will come out in the end.I love my team mates, well at least the one's who aren't busy sucking up. Not what it used to be!

Advice to Management

Quit playing God you're making it off of our backs, just remember greediness is met with justice.

"Leadership: A Satire"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Spectranetics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, a notably talented workforce.
    Better than average benefits. I'd grade it as a B- or B.
    Good access to tools & technology. Decent laboratories, great machine shop, usually willing to invest in the right equipment provided it doesn't cost an arm. That last point isn't always true, but more often than not.

Cons

The politics happening at the upper-most levels of the company is mind-boggling. The subsequent drama trickles downwards and results in corporate inefficiency. Doing the right thing often takes a back seat to bonuses for the executives. As the politics flourish, so do the problems; they were hit with ten 483's just last week after fulfilling several years of a Corporate Integrity Agreement with the FDA within the past couple years.

Advice to Management

Have each member of the Senior Leadership Team take a personality test for narcissism. The ten individuals who rate as the most narcissistic should find a replacement by promoting internally. It'll be a win financially and a win for morale!

"It's okay if you are good at politicing"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

Pros

SOME of the people are great and the technology and pipeline is good

Cons

Way to political, lots of management games, the leadership gets in their own way.

"Consistent promises with no action."

Former Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Spectranetics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Products may be old but they serve a purpose in the medical field and are needed.

Good teams assembled with knowledgeable personnel to be located in Colorado Springs of all places.

Not too far from Denver.

Cons

Senior Management and promises. During the interview process I was shown where my desk would be- nice, small office. The first day I was shown to my cubicle. Next, I was told consistently I would be managing a small team, never materialized.

Corporate has a rule that 50% of management has to be female.

401k match is not up to industry standards.

No paternal time off for new fathers.

1 year hold on stock that the employee purchases with their own money.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that you only make promises that can be kept. Invest heavily in R&D. Listen to the employees more as there are great ideas by lower level employees. Change the 401k match and give new fathers time off.